• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Skulltulas Glitch :(

S

SlimAF1

Hey guys, I've got a problem!
I'm playing the 3DS version and I have gotten to 98 Skulltulas, all of the areas on my map say I have collected every Skulltula! I'm pretty sure I haven't killed a Skulltula and left the area without collecting the token (I did that once on the N64, it's a ball ache trust me), and over and over I have gone back to spots where I may have forgotten one... I've even tried using the skulltula guide on this website but still no luck! :(

Anyhow I was hoping one of you was kind enough as too come up with a reasonable explanation to it, I'd be highly appreciative!

The only solution I can come up with is that the Skulltulas found in Temples do not go towards the little token icon that comes up next to each area on the map.

Thank's to all that reply :)

MW7

Your solution is all I can think of. I'd just go through all the dungeons again in order starting with the Deku Tree. It's especially easy to forget some skulltulas in the first two child dungeons since they require you to go back after beating them. Also I would doubt that there is a glitch with the overworld map saying you have skulltulas that you actually haven't gotten but anything's possible.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
that happened to me a couple of times on the N64 version. had 99 but all areas and dungeons has the skulltula symbol. it's why i know get the one near Hyrule Castle last so should the game glitch, i can use the glitch to get the one that missing. have a look through all the dungeons first, including the ice cavern and well

If you don't get the skulltulla token and come back, the golden skulltulla will be alive again. What really helps is getting back to all areas and have a look at the map! If you got all skulltullas in that region, the name on the map will have a skulltulla symbol next to it. So you don't have to look at every single spot where a skulltulla is supposed to be and only in the region where your missing ones are.

Ice Sage

these are words
All I can say is to check that each area has a skulltulla symbol next to it on the map (which it sounds like you did), then check the map of every dungeon (including the bottom of the well and the ice cavern). If it's not there than I don't know what to say. Also, this thread should be in the game help section.

So, I had the same problem, and its frustrating!! But, if you killed the skulltula but couldn't reach it (ex. Needed boomerang) you may have forgotten to go back for it. I found the list of the skulltulas, then pulled all the ones that I could maybe kill but not reach. Here it is:
1. In the Deku Tree, behing the bombable wall on the boss floor (needed boomerang, and bombs, obviously)
2 and 3. At Lon Lon Ranch at night (side of the house and the cow shed) if you got the boomerang BEFORE going there, dont bother.
4. Kakariko Graveyard on the wall (at night) (needed boomerang)
5. Dodongo's Cavern in the room with the staircase you needed to bomb, just above the stairs in a nook. You actually need the longshot for this, which makes it easy to miss after the 3rd time coming back and being unable to reach it. This is the one I missed. (Longshot)
6. Zora's Fountain That one on the wall near the log in the water... (Boomerang)
7. Zora's Domain (Adult) at the top of the frozen waterfall you actually only need the hookshot but its really awkward to do it that way, so you may have left thinking you needed another item...
Thats it! So if you have all the icons for the skulltulas but not all the skulltulas check these locations, I hope this helps!!

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
about 6 years late dude

then again it might help others who've got the issue.

Best i can say is check the child dungeons again. Those ones have skulltulas you have to come back for.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
My suggestion here (for anyone having this problem in recent years) is to hope you missed one in a grotto and do the extra skulltula tokens glitch involving the backflip to get the final one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom