• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skull Kid's Timeline

Ocarina of Time is the first story, then the original Legend of Zelda, then Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, and finally A Link to the Past. It's not very clear where Link's Awakening fits in--it could be anytime after Ocarina of Time.[6]

Theres the quote I got ALttP the wrong side of the NES games but the points still the same. It was on Zelda Wiki on timeline quotes.

Ocarina of Time is the first story, then the original Legend of Zelda, then Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, and finally A Link to the Past. It's not very clear where Link's Awakening fits in--it could be anytime after Ocarina of Time.[6]

Theres the quote I got ALttP the wrong side of the NES games but the points still the same. It was on Zelda Wiki on timeline quotes.

This quote is actually pretty old. Its one of the oldest quotes in reference to the timeline. Also, Miyamoto said this quote, and since then Aonuma has really been in charge of the game's storylines.

Anyway, this quote is completely wrong considering ALttP was meant to be a "past" game, which took place "before" LoZ/AoL. Miyamoto hasn't always been the smartest guy to ask about the Zelda timeline, even though he did make the series, because lately Aonuma being in charge of the story has changed a lot around, and he hasn't answered a timeline related question yet that doesn't make sense IMO.

It may not be completly wrong who has said that for definate ALttP has to be before NES zeldas theres nothing I can think of that says it cant plus the fact that this is old helps imo as it sows that it may never have been intended to be a sequel

D

defeater109

minus the placing of la its great, La isnt even important anyways, for what its worth it never happened.

It may not be completly wrong who has said that for definate ALttP has to be before NES zeldas theres nothing I can think of that says it cant plus the fact that this is old helps imo as it sows that it may never have been intended to be a sequel

* A Link to the "Past" ... It was the third game. Past signifies that it takes place before the first two, which were direct sequels.

* Read the back of the box for ALttP. Clearly says the predecessors of Link and Zelda. Since LoZ and AoL were the only game's made at that point, it was referring to the Link and Zelda from those titles.

To be fair thetitle doesnt make much considering anymore as I doubt they were working on this timeline in 1993. I agree it was probably the intention in 1993 but not obviously in 1998 it may be again now who knows.

As for the box if the pred. thing was so important then why was it removed from the info in the remake (which is the canon version)

To be fair thetitle doesnt make much considering anymore as I doubt they were working on this timeline in 1993. I agree it was probably the intention in 1993 but not obviously in 1998 it may be again now who knows.

No, the date of its release does not matter unless the intent was notably changed. The original intention was for it to be a prequel to the stories of LoZ and AoL, and its place on the timeline so far has never been mentioned again, other than that Miyamoto quote. But as I said, that quote doesn't make sense by a lot of means. The intent of ALttP in the first place was to give some history to Hyrule and Ganon. That is why the BS of ALttP, as well as the manual, gives a lot of information as to who Ganon was and how he came to be.

As for the box if the pred. thing was so important then why was it removed from the info in the remake (which is the canon version)

It was important for its time. As I said, the only other Zelda games out at that time were the first two. The box art referenced predecessors of those two game's characters. It wouldn't make sense to leave that on the back of the box now considering there's been so many other Zelda games made. People would start thinking that ALttP took place before any Zelda title, or even be confused by which Zelda and Link it was referring to. It only makes sense that it was removed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom