• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skull Kids in Skyward Sword?

Wouldn't it be interesting to see Skull kids in Skyward Sword? I would love to see them in the game and i would like to have a little more story about them and more details of how they came to be. What are your thoughts? Would you like to see them in the game?

Ganondork

goo
I love Skull Kid, but I'm not sure at this point how he could contribute to the story. Like how useless he kinda was in TP other than to irritate you for 15 minutes.

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
I love Skull Kid, but I'm not sure at this point how he could contribute to the story. Like how useless he kinda was in TP other than to irritate you for 15 minutes.
I think he was referring to the race and not the specific skull kid since he wouldnt be born during he time of this game.

I could see them being, kind of like in OOT, scattered throughout the woods and forest where you could maybe do a miniquest with. But other then that maybe they could hint towards The beginnings of MM by doing something like showing the ancestors of skull kid that could have influenced skull kids actions.

Djinn

and Tonic
I think it would be more interesting to see some Hylian kid in a village somewhere that keeps trying to wonder into the Lost Woods to play. That just so happens to be wearing the same clothes and large hat traditionally worn by the skull kid. Maybe Link would have a short miniquest where he has to go stop the local kids from wondering into the lost woods or go rescue some that did wonder too far and get lost.

This could also have a reappearance of Ordon Village, since it exists a little closer to the Sacred Forest Meadow than any other settled area in Hyrule. This could also explain why Ordon is settled deep in the woods, maybe to keep the people hidden away from whatever threat that has taken over the land of Hyrule. They stay safely in the forest away from the dangers there but still must beware the curse of the Lost Woods.

Ganondork

goo
I think it would be more interesting to see some Hylian kid in a village somewhere that keeps trying to wonder into the Lost Woods to play. That just so happens to be wearing the same clothes and large hat traditionally worn by the skull kid. Maybe Link would have a short miniquest where he has to go stop the local kids from wondering into the lost woods or go rescue some that did wonder too far and get lost.

This could also have a reappearance of Ordon Village, since it exists a little closer to the Sacred Forest Meadow than any other settled area in Hyrule. This could also explain why Ordon is settled deep in the woods, maybe to keep the people hidden away from whatever threat that has taken over the land of Hyrule. They stay safely in the forest away from the dangers there but still must beware the curse of the Lost Woods.​

I actually really like that idea. That would add a bit more taste to the story. Not to mention an interesting background to the race of the Skull Kids.

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
Are Skull Kids really a race? Has there been any confirmation of Skull Kids being a race, or are you mixing Skull Kids up with Stalchildren or something?

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
No they are technically their own race that live within the Lost Woods similarly to deku, octorocks and many other species. Thus far in the series their has been nothing to say they wereint.

Ganondork

goo
Are Skull Kids really a race? Has there been any confirmation of Skull Kids being a race, or are you mixing Skull Kids up with Stalchildren or something?

As a child in OoT in the lost woods, if you targetted it and had Navi tell you about it she said something like: "Is this what happens when people get lost in these woods?" or something along those lines. That right there was a spark for the idea of a race and not just a singular one. Like how in the trade sequence for the Biggoron sword, the creepy Kokiri girl told you that adults (at least that's what I grasped) turned into Stalfos, and they are a race of enemies.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
I would actually love to see a small village or something of Skull Kids, similar to how the Kokiri had lived in the forest in their small area. Come to think of it, Skull Kids are only in OoT, MM, TP, Skyward Sword(?), and well, I really can't think of any other games. I'm pretty interested in the Skull Kid character, and think he deserves more spotlight.

[FONT=&quot]The skull Kids are enemies that helps you throughout each game they're in; they're misunderstood creatures who were once kids who got lost in the lost woods. They are technically a sub-race; meaning they're not a major race in the series[/FONT]

I think it would be more interesting to see some Hylian kid in a village somewhere that keeps trying to wonder into the Lost Woods to play. That just so happens to be wearing the same clothes and large hat traditionally worn by the skull kid. Maybe Link would have a short mini quest where he has to go stop the local kids from wondering into the lost woods or go rescue some that did wonder too far and get lost.

This could also have a reappearance of Ordon Village, since it exists a little closer to the Sacred Forest Meadow than any other settled area in Hyrule. This could also explain why Ordon is settled deep in the woods, maybe to keep the people hidden away from whatever threat that has taken over the land of Hyrule. They stay safely in the forest away from the dangers there but still must beware the curse of the Lost Woods.

That sounds like a good idea, but i doubt this type of thing will be in Skyward Sword but i don't know we will see.

Djinn

and Tonic

They are not necessarily a race since they are other people transformed by the curse of the Lost Woods. But since there are several of them with a similar appearance and behavior, people like to lump them into a specific group of their own. They are obviously not Hylians, humans or Kokiri anymore, so they are classified as something else. It gets a little more confusing since the Japanese term for skull kids was actually Stalkids, while the undead in Hyrule field were called Stalchild. I can see why Nintendo of America wanted to change it a bit to keep the confusion down some.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
What? Skull Kid(s) is/are in SS! Didn't you see the trailer earlier this month? =Þ

Seriously though, I still stand by what I wrote about the GDC trailer (except the Skulltula being Skull Kid). It would make perfect sense for him to show up. MM implies that he's been alive for a long time and that he came from, or at least visited, Hyrule. At the very least, it would be a nice easter egg to encounter an NPC saddened by events that led to his banishment from a land called Termina. Judging from his past work (MC), Fujibayashi will likely give us a creative origin for this character and/or the entire 'race.'

well, I dont see why cant be skull kids in SS, but I dont think that THE skull kid can be in the game, but a reference to him like this:

can work, in my opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom