• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skull Kid

LanceLercher

The White Knight Alien
Now to start this off, I'm going to say that I think that there may be a whole race of Skull Kids, but I'm just going to focus on the one from MM and TP (I believe they are one and the same). Now, I have never played Majora's Mask, but I have played Twilight Princess. I feel like Skull Kid is such a dynamic character, and I feel like he should have more appearances in Zelda games. Since he encountered Majora's Mask and two incarnations of Link, he has been in contact with the greats. He evolved greatly from Majora's Mask to Twilight Princess, even though he is still a prankster. He is so unique, and I really like his character design. Did you guys like Skull Kid, or did you not? Do you want him to return? Do you feel like he could return? If so, would his character design (personality and appearance) change yet again?

I don't like thinking that the Skull Kid from MM is the same one in TP, only because it feels as if it'd be a shame for such a wonderful character in MM to just be downgraded into an annoying little bugger for one very small section of TP, so i'd like to think of the one in TP as a different one out of love for MM. Though it probably is the same one, i agree that there will probably be more than one.

I'd like him o return with a bigger part like in MM but i dont think nintendo would ride out another story with a character we have already seen like Skull Kid, MM was after all a side story to OoT and Majora was the big bad, so i dont think nintendo will be compelled to bring skull kid back. Though he could be like Tingle and keep showing up, i think that is all he will ever be now though, a character that randomly shows up for brief sections.

Though a cool idea (imo) would be.. (and i have no idea how nintendo would make this work) if Skull Kid was your companion a la navi, fi, king of red lions. That'd take some doing though, but yeah, i'd like him to come back, MM was a wonderful story and Skull kid was uncontrolled childlike chaos with a super power, he was very dangerous and i liked that instability in him =]

(side note- i'd like to play as him in a smash bros game wearing Majora's Mask, that'd be nice)

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
I agree. I believe that Skull kid from MM and TP are the same. Skull Kid from TP says something along the lines of "you remind me of boy from the forest long ago", or something. Also you are partly correct on saying that there is a whole race of Skull Kid. Skull kids are people who (other than Kokiri) who get lost in the Lost Woods.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I agree. I believe that Skull kid from MM and TP are the same. Skull Kid from TP says something along the lines of "you remind me of boy from the forest long ago", or something. Also you are partly correct on saying that there is a whole race of Skull Kid. Skull kids are people who (other than Kokiri) who get lost in the Lost Woods.

he never said that....

Last edited:
I actually do not think they are the same... The skull Kids from Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask are the same though. And to be hinest, i do nit reslly care for him that much. He gives me the heeby jeebies.

bs8814

The Gamer
I reckon they portrayed him bad in MM, but I think they should make him or them a more important part of the game.

I do like the Skull Kid, it was a someone I've always found interesting to see
I wouldn't mind seeing him again, whether it's the same one or a different one.
It's a character I enjoy.

Squirrel

The Rodent King
I'd like to see Skull Kid as a boss again. He should be a the final boss of some forest-related dungeon or something like that. I don't think he should be the final boss of the game but I think he should be a little more important than he was in TP. Kinda like maybe Zant or Ghirahim where he's a very important character and you have to fight him a couple times but he's not the final boss.

I always liked Skull Kid. I would definitely enjoy it if he were in another Zelda game. In fact i would be awesome if he were a main character like he was in Majora's Mask, that one is my favorite Zelda title.

I personally think or well i like to imagine all 3 are the same being...tho its mostly likely just a reuse of a character concept. I go with the belief that skull kid from OoT and MM are the same, tho in MM he has been corrupted/controlled by the mask. As many have pointed out the MM skull kid makes a reference to knowing link or something :P I then like to think he lives int he forest, kind of guarding the master sword and the temple of time. You could assume his game of hide n seek is a test to en sure that he is leading the true hero to these places :)

I alway liked skull kid from oot and MM but I never noticed he was in TP so I guess he wasn't that important in it. But yes I think they should put him in a future game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom