• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skull Kid

I was always under the impression that the skull kid who gives you the piece of heart in OoT was not the same as the Skull Kid from MM. How can you tell?

Well, in the ending of MM, the Skull Kid sniffs you, and says "Hee hee, you smell like a boy I met in the forest" or something to that effect. I'll have to finish MM to find out for sure, but that's why most people think they're one and the same.

Chris

It has been awhile...
On a side note, what do you think the relationship of the Skull Kid from Twilight Princess is... in respect to the Skull Kid from Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. The Skull Kid in Twilight Princess does know Saria's Song, so I would have to say it is in fact the same Skull Kid.

Considering Twilight Princess takes place 100 years after Ocarina of Time, it seems to only make sense that the Skull Kid is the same person and yes, the Skull Kid is Immortal.

That makes sense because if he was around for 100 years, he must be immortal. Also, in TP, when you slash/bite him, he doesn't die.

LucarioMaster

lucario shoen
yeah mases made a good point there about TP. it didn 't cross my mind.
yeah there were more then one skull kid. but at the end skull kid said somthing like: "you smell like that boy who taught me that song"
so then i assume he is the only one who know saria's song among the skull kid 's

he is the same one from oot and he went to mm (i have 4 ways he might have went there)from these possable paths
1 links path
2 teleportation
3 coded on to that area by the makers of the game
4 some way i have no clue i have thought of
if you have an idea please post it

Last edited:

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
Skull Kid(s)

Right, I couldn't find a thread like this. So, here is a thread to post all your skull kid theories.

What do we know about Skull Kid(s)?
Well, not much. We know that if any kokiri stay in the lost woods for too long. They become a skull kid. Also, off the top of my head, there have been three main Skull Kid appearences:
1. The skull kid in OoT who listens to you play ocarina, and I believe rewards you with a heart piece after you complete a certain ocarina-based minigame. The skull kid also buys one of the masks from you from the happy mask shop.
2. Of course, the Skull Kid in MM. Aside from Majora himself, the main antagonist of this game.
3. There is a Skull Kid in TP in the Sacred Grove. I believe you have to chase then defeat him (If memory serves me well.)

So, Why are two out of these three known Skull Kids attacking Link? Perhaps the Skull Kids are a malicious race? Perhaps they are like humans, some are evil, some are not. Perhaps, the Skill kids in OoT and MM are one and the same? (It is possible.) So, what are your views on the skull kids?

One main thing here is that I cannot remember AT ALL what the skull kid in the Sacred Grove does, I could be wrong in saying he attacks Link. Or, he could be attacking Link to test if he is worthy of baring the Master Sword. I really can't remember.

Last edited:

Gohma

Mmmmmmmmmh... BOMBS
I think that they are just cursed Kokiris.
After all, the Skull Kid in MM does'nt attack Link. Majora completly control him. In fact, only Majora is evil.

In TP...
Well, he attacks you.
But it looks more like a game to me.
Kokiris are eternal childrens, so maybe this one is "playing" with Link.
Skull Kids are also said to be alone forever.
This one became a bit crazy and hurts people while trying to play with them.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
If I remember correctly, the ones that attacked Link did so when he was an adult. Maybe they're only accustomed to children.

The Skull Kid in MM, he makes a reference to having met Link before at the end of the game. So he could quite possibly be the one that you play Saria's song with.

As for the Skull Kid in TP, he says something along the lines of "Thanks for playing with me. He he." when you beat him for the second time. So I'm guessing their type of play is kind of malicious.

Right, I couldn't find a thread like this. So, here is a thread to post all your skull kid theories.

What do we know about Skull Kid(s)? Well, not much. We know that if any kokiri stay in the lost woods for too long. They become a skull kid.

Is there a quote for this? I don't remember there being a time when it mentioned that Kokiri become Skull Kids. I once thought that anyone who becomes lost will turn into one, but that's not true. The guy in the forest in OoT (who gives you the mushroom in the trading sequence I believe), is said to become a Stalfos (skeleton creatures). At least that's what the Kokiri girl in his place tells you when you return with the potion.

But as for the Skull Kids being a malicious people, that might be true. I always figured that they liked to play with others, especially play tricks on them. I also believe that the Skull Kid from OoT and the one from MM are the same, but obviously his intentions are not evil. Skull Kid never attacks Young Link, which brings me to another point.

There are apparently multiple Skull Kids, and not just the three (actually two) that you mentioned. In OoT, Young Link meets Skull Kid. As Swiftblade mentioned above, there is a quote in MM about Skull Kid meeting Link before, which further solidifies the theory that they are the same. However, upon returning to the Lost Woods as Adult Link, you encounter another Skull Kid in the same place. Most would believe this is the same Skull Kid from Young Link's experience, however, the Skull Kid acts violently towards Adult Link. Maybe its just because he is an adult, who knows. But if Skull Kid from Young Link's time in OoT is the same as the one from MM, then that means he left during Young Links time to go to Termina, which means that the Skull Kid you meet as Adult Link cannot be the same one. The fact that you can kill Skull Kid as Adult Link (which gains you an orange rupee), go out, come back in, and another one is there, shows that there area apparently many Skull Kids.

Some people also theorize that the one from TP is the same Skull Kid as well, but I doubt that, since we really don't know how long they can live.

One main thing here is that I cannot remember AT ALL what the skull kid in the Sacred Grove does, I could be wrong in saying he attacks Link. Or, he could be attacking Link to test if he is worthy of baring the Master Sword. I really can't remember.

If I remember correctly, you have to follow him to get to the Master Sword. Sort of like in OoT when you follow Dampe' through the grave to get the hookshot, Skull Kid throws things (maybe fire) at you. This is not so much Skull Kid trying to hurt Link I don't believe, but rather his way of playing with him. Skull Kid seems to make a game out of it.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
Also, he pretty much implies that he had met Link before, also at the beggining of the game, when Epona knocks Link down, and he falls, Skull Kid says this to Tatl and Tael: "That guy...?Hm... Should be no problem at all".
It is pretty much implied that it is the very same skull kid from OoT.
In what concerns the TP Skull Kid, it can either be the same as in Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time, OR it became a tradition or so of the skull kids to teach Saria's Song to each others...

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I thought it was hyrulian children that turned into Skull Kids, not Kokiri.....

Then you need to revise your zelda knowledge.
Anyways, when you have any doubts, you can always check the Zelda wiki.
It really helps people when they don't know most facts the way some theorists here do.

Then you need to revise your zelda knowledge.
Anyways, when you have any doubts, you can always check the Zelda wiki.
It really helps people when they don't know most facts the way some theorists here do.

Which really doesn't help in this situation in my opinion. Zelda Wiki says the same thing about Skull Kids; That they are what become of children who become lost in the Lost Woods. But this, to my knowledge, is incorrect.

As I mentioned above, Fado, the female Kokiri with blonde hair, specifically says:

Zelda Wiki said:
"That guy isn't here anymore. Anybody who comes into the forest will be lost. Everybody will become a Stalfos. Everybody, Stalfos. So, he's not here anymore. Only his saw is left. Hee hee." —Fado (Ocarina of Time)

That quote was taken directly from Zelda Wiki's Skull Kid page under "References", but it makes no sense. Stalfos are the skeleton creatures like the ones who try to attack you in dungeons and come up out of the ground in Hyrule field in OoT.

Again, if it were ever stated anywhere else that children become Skull Kids, then I have forgotten that quote. But the reference made by Fado is not talking about Skull Kids.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom