• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skull Kid

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Now i have been wondering, the skull kid that gives you a piece of hearth when you play saria 's song in OOT is the same skull kid in MM right?

and in OOT it was explained that kids without a fairy would turn into a skull kid and normal persons into a stallfos. either way they always wonder around lost woods.

now to MM, the story about when termina was created. apperantly skull kid knew the giants before termina was created. (so that proves that termina is not some kind of parrarel dimension of hyrule, its just a other dimension ) anyway, i assume that termina was created a long time ago.

So this is what bothers me. exactly how old is skull kid, is he immortal, are all skull kids like this? judging that the skull kid was the first one to find the portal in the lost woods. its doesn 't make sense to me?

what do you think about this?
please give your opinion about this.

Last edited:

linkman8

True and Noble
Hm, you make an interesting point. It seems to me that the Skull Kid would have to be immortal in order to live so long, so we'd just have to make the assumption that they live forever, assuming they're not killed.
So does that mean that kids that turn into Skull Kids obtain immortality?

Well...
arn't the Kikori also supposed to be immortal?
A skull kid is what happons to a kikori with out a fariy so, it would make sense.

Last edited:

Leix

Error
Well alot of the Skull Kids were presumably lost Kokiri because that's what the rumor is in Kokiri forest. And the Kokiri are immortal (as long as the Great Deku protects them, I believe). But if Stalchildren are lost, then what the heck is protecting them? Or is the Deku not protecting them? Wait, no, the Kokiri live in Neverland; but as soon as they leave the forest, they've left Neverland, right? So would they lose their immortality?
I don't think they're immortal.

Termina's dimension has a different timeline, so Termina is either more or less advanced than Hyrule. They are more or less progressed. Skullkid could have left the forest and discovered the portal before Link was taken in by the Deku Tree, but at that point Termina could have been at its earliest stages.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
On a side note, what do you think the relationship of the Skull Kid from Twilight Princess is... in respect to the Skull Kid from Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. The Skull Kid in Twilight Princess does know Saria's Song, so I would have to say it is in fact the same Skull Kid.

Considering Twilight Princess takes place 100 years after Ocarina of Time, it seems to only make sense that the Skull Kid is the same person and yes, the Skull Kid is Immortal.

Well, there's more than one skull kid in OoT, but it seems that since whichever the one in TP was knew Saria's song, then yes they're immortal. Also, the one in MM stayed in Termina, right? For a little while at least, but maybe he came back. Seeing as his Trumpet thing can open all of the Lost woods doorway things, maybe he could go back to Termina whenever, hmmm?

Well I would think that what was said in Majora's Mask would basically sum it up. I can't quite quote it because I played it yesterday, but it said in the "beginning" the Four Giants and Skull Kid broke up the land called Termina into different areas. The Four Giants slept and if they were needed for the people of Termina to call them. Then Skull Kid went up to the heavens and eventually came back down because he was pissed about what the Four Giants did. He then started to cause all the trouble with the Majora's Mask. I mean, does that right there not make him immortal? Going up to the heavens and then coming back down? I mean, I think he's basically immortal like the Four Giants.

If SkullKid is immortal, then so is Link...and Zelda...and Ganon...and Impa...etc...etc...etc...etc...etc...etc...etc

If SkullKid is immortal, then so is Link...and Zelda...and Ganon...and Impa...etc...etc...etc...etc...etc...etc...etc

Why would you say that? Well, Ganondorf obviously can live for a long time, because it's the same Ganondorf in OoT that's in TP. But the Skull kid would have to be long lived to know Saria's song in TP, because TP and OoT are 100 years apart. You might say that the Skull kid in OoT just passed the song down the generations, but there's only one Skull kid in TP, so maybe that was the last one, because maybe no-one was turned into a Skull kid since OoT. In fact, there are no Kokiri in TP, and access had been lost to the lost woods (lol) so no-one could have been turned into a Skull kid for a while.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Well, there's more than one skull kid in OoT, but it seems that since whichever the one in TP was knew Saria's song, then yes they're immortal. Also, the one in MM stayed in Termina, right? For a little while at least, but maybe he came back. Seeing as his Trumpet thing can open all of the Lost woods doorway things, maybe he could go back to Termina whenever, hmmm?

yeah mases made a good point there about TP. it didn 't cross my mind.
yeah there were more then one skull kid. but at the end skull kid said somthing like: "you smell like that boy who taught me that song"
so then i assume he is the only one who know saria's song among the skull kid 's

Last edited:
If, in reference to what I said, I didn't say before they created Termina, after. Or, as put by Zelda Wiki:

In the past, the Skull Kid was befriended by the Four Giants. After a time, however, the Giants left Termina and the Skull Kid was alone, motivating him to seek attention by causing mischief and playing pranks on people.

That's what I meant to say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom