• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skull Kid(MM) Theory

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Has anyone noticed that before you see the credits the Skull Kid in MM says the line "You have the smell as the fairy kid who tought me that song in the woods" Could this Skull Kid in fact be the same in OoT you play Saria's Song for in the Lost Woods. This timeline thing: one of the last few Forum pages says that why hasn't Nintendo revealed the timeline. I would personally like Nintendo to say at an E3 meeting that their definatly is a timeline within the Zelda VG's this still leaves speculation to order of the timeline still giving extreme fans(Users of this website me included.) some thing to talk about.

Just yesterday i found an old Gamestop gift card with SPrit Tracks design and I decided to cut it and make into a necklace(Of Course that's after I found nothing on the gift card.)

Last edited:
It's commonly believed, and practically confirmed, that is the Skull Kid you encountered in the Lost Woods. And Miyamoto has stated numerous times that there is in fact a timeline.

David

But you called me here...
This has already been discussed in multiple threads. If you need clarification on this issue, you can read one of the older threads. But yes, they are the same Skull Kid.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
We know from several other sources that MM is a direct sequel to OoT, and it's very safe to assume that the skull kids in those two games are one and the same. The debate comes in determining whether he remembers Link teaching him the song or Saria, which boils down to when Zelda sent Link back in time to: before or after he met SK (or whether Termina was unaffected by the split and SK in MM is from the AT).
And yes, Miyamoto said a while ago that they have a timeline document. Aonuma said the same thing just this year, and he's also said that he's trying to pull the stories together.

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed that before you see the credits the Skull Kid in MM says the line "You have the smell as the fairy kid who tought me that song in the woods" Could this Skull Kid in fact be the same in OoT you play Saria's Song for in the Lost Woods.
Just wanted to note something about this. Basically there's no other conclusion you could come to other than this. Link is a fairy kid (actually, the ONLY character specifically referred to as such by anyone). And there is only one Skull Kid in one game during one moment who Link teaches a song. There's no debate really.

The debate comes in determining whether he remembers Link teaching him the song or Saria, which boils down to when Zelda sent Link back in time to: before or after he met SK (or whether Termina was unaffected by the split and SK in MM is from the AT).
Right. Understandable, but IMO kinda silly of a reason. The nature of the moment where Link teaches the Skull Kid Saria's Song means it could take place at basically any point since it was a sidequest. And obviously it's the only moment that could be being referred to in MM. There's no way it was referring to something that we never saw; that would make zero sense.

i don't think there is any debate, it seems pretty straight forward, pretty explicit
why would nintendo even reference the song in OoT if it wasn't the same skull kid?

Pen

The game is on!
It's almost 100% sure to be the same Skull Kid as from Ocarina of Time. But I for one think that it's also the same Skull Kid as from Twilight Princess, it also knows Saria's Song.

T

TrueVirtue

I think that the Skull Kid in TP is also the same.

Miyamoto has confirmed that there is in fact a timeline, on numerous occasions.

I also do believe that the skull kid is the same skull kid as the one in OoT, MM, and Tp. but I do not think I have seen the skull kid in any other game but those...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom