• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

\*Skittles' Graphics*/

I haven't seen such effective use of C4Ds in quite some time. I really like your visual effects regarding color schemes and sharpness. They look very uniform and the subjects (renders and such) are almost seamlessly integrated into the backgrounds. <3 I especially love your Meta Knight banner. There seems to be a certain simplicity about your banners that don't overwhelm the eye, but definitely draws it to the focal point of the subject at the same time. =) I always love looking at other graphic artists' work--even outside signature banners--just because the techniques can be almost as individualistic as the person themselves.

If anything were to need improvement, I think I'd want to say it would be the font choice/text position/text blend mode. From what I've seen/heard from a lot of designers is that it's always one of the trickier things to do because, well, sometimes text distracts the eye and sometimes it doesn't. If you ever needed some font face suggestions, however, I might be the person to ask. My brain is like a font database. xD

I love love love what you've shared so far, Skittles. <3 I hope to see more great things in this thread. <3 <3 You're great. <3 <3 <3

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Dayum qurl, u maek fyne wid da gfx

Translation: You are AWESOME! Gottta love the effort y'all put into these things. Here's to more!

Skittles

Rainbows!
If anything were to need improvement, I think I'd want to say it would be the font choice/text position/text blend mode. From what I've seen/heard from a lot of designers is that it's always one of the trickier things to do because, well, sometimes text distracts the eye and sometimes it doesn't. If you ever needed some font face suggestions, however, I might be the person to ask. My brain is like a font database. xD

It's funny because these really aren't the best examples of text placement I ever done, but...recently had some computer problems and things got lost (and are on my other photobucket account which...is really a headache to look through too...lol.) But yeah, I agree, that of the ones I showed these don't really seem very good in that department lol, and yes, I love new fonts (especially because I don't have my all my old ones that I've collected over the years on me anymore...) D:

@Ventus and Vanessa: Thanks! :)

Also, don't forget to request, I want somethings to do when I get back...xD

I love new fonts (especially because I don't have my all my old ones that I've collected over the years on me anymore...) D:

My computer, Huey, doesn't like fonts as much as I do, so I've been cleaning them out of my system fonts folder and archiving them to be transferred over to a new computer when I get one. But, if you ever wanted me to give you a nice collection of fonts, I can sift through them (since I still have them on Huey's drive--they're just not all currently installed) and pick out ones you might like. Just give me, like, a general description of a style or a category you'd want, and I can get you some. :bleh:

You can also alter the fonts, by rasterizing the text layer and drawing on them, or decaying them a bit. It adds a neat effect, to say the least. :>

--Did I mention your signatures have a nice contrast to them? But at the same time, they're very... smooth. <3

Skittles

Rainbows!
It took me awhile to get to this kind of effect...my signature style and stuff have changed over the past...five years of making them and doing graphic designers. Dang, that makes me feel old. D:

Hmmm, I can't think of anything right now, but I'll pm you once I think of some...:P

If you could make me a signature/avatar set out of this picture, particularly focusing on Syo (the younger looking one, the one with the black nails), that would be incredible! I'll leave the size, color scheme, and stuff up to you. If you need a bigger picture, let me know. :)

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Can I make a request?

If you could find a picture of Alicorn Derpy somewhere on the internet, have a picture of her, with a few scattered muffins, a dark, blue-green background and white text at the top somewhere, in a fancy font of your choice, saying:

TatlTails
Queen of the Derps

But with TatlTails centered over the other line.

Thank you, and sorry I'm so picky!

Skittles

Rainbows!
While I love all your new requests...since I won't have a lot of time this weekend, I'll probably have to start making a waiting list (what I mean is, I can take five requests at a time but no more than that). So, I'll put that on the front page of this topic, if it's full, you'll just have to wait or go to someone else's thread (and there are plenty of good graphic makers here.) :)

It probably will not usually be full, but since I'm a little worried that I'll have like seven requests by the time I can work on them when I get back, I'm going to put this up. You should know I hate regulations, but being overwhelmed isn't fun...xD

Anyway, I can take two more, so, keep them coming. Everything should be done on either Monday or Tuesday. :)

Skittles

Rainbows!
Here's Ventus' sig...

kingdomheartsig2_zps1a2c1f25.png

PHP:
[IMG]http://i1333.photobucket.com/albums/w637/Tetra007-2/kingdomheartsig2_zps1a2c1f25.png[/IMG]

I don't think you wanted text, if you do, just say...

EDIT: Also, Blue Star's sig is done: (you have two choices...I happened to like them both)

bluestar_zps197cce88.png

PHP:
[IMG]http://i1333.photobucket.com/albums/w637/Tetra007-2/bluestar_zps197cce88.png[/IMG]

bluestar2_zps881ffb3d.png

PHP:
[IMG]http://i1333.photobucket.com/albums/w637/Tetra007-2/bluestar2_zps881ffb3d.png[/IMG]

And now for TatlTails: (I didn't completely obey your directions. Directions=guidelines...uh oh, I'd make a terrible Jedi)

Avy:

avy_zps39f92d31.png

PHP:
[IMG]http://i1333.photobucket.com/albums/w637/Tetra007-2/avy_zps39f92d31.png[/IMG]

Sig:

tatltailsig2_zps4456045f.png

PHP:
[IMG]http://i1333.photobucket.com/albums/w637/Tetra007-2/tatltailsig2_zps4456045f.png[/IMG]

Last edited:

Skittles

Rainbows!
Oh, I thought someone was...xD

That was really my mistake then...lol. I think that it's because this request took much longer then it should've (I didn't realize you wanted green-blue and went with another color scheme...and some other things) xD

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Hey skittles.....Can I can an Animal crossing set? I'm not sure entirely what I'd like on it, just animal crossing. It should at least have the animal crossing leaf on it somewher. Get as crazy as you'd like with it. I can't wait to see it. Until then, I will use a placeholder Avy, but I can't wait to see the avy and sig you come up with

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom