• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skills developed irl due to Zelda games

Ezlo

The Minish Craftsman
Playing games from the Legend of Zelda series has improved my critical thinking ability, what real life skills have you developed by playing Zelda games?

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
So I know this may not have been intended to be a deep question, but for me, it is huge.

I love viewing people as NPC's when I'm out traveling the world, or even at home. It helps me realize I can't control them, which in turn lowers my stress. In addition (and probably primary) it helps me to realize that all of a life is a grand adventure - and to be in it, even if I'm not happy in whatever situation - is just absolutely fantastic. I thank the creator of the Triforce for being alive.

I listen to people's stories, and realize that I can have a part in playing with it. Just like Link when I was a little kid. Now I'm grown up, and in stead of playing Zelda games, I live them. I think that's the reason why I can't or don't play the games anymore, as much as I'd like to - it feels almost like a waste. Like, I know I'm going to go out and live life, so why am I playing someone else's in this video game?

But what I do is keep the dedication of adventure with me. It's a true sense of being my self - that is, there is no effort in keeping that sense of adventure with me, it's just me.

I don't post here often, but I've been on the site for 10 years plus. I like to come back here and see what others are doing. I like to learn if others like me, around my age, are doing the same things I am as their own personal Link in this world we share together <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom