• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Skeldritch is Unbearable.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I hate the world for allowing the disgusting, unreasonable, demented programmer who created this atrocity to be born.

I have completely had it with this boss... it feels like I have no control whatsoever. I know that I have to stop the rocks with the Sand Wand and use the launchers to hit him. But there are too many obstacles. The first is that you have to move so that the next boulder doesn't obliterate the one you just pulled out. The second is that the controls are very finicky, and half the time the boulder will go in the opposite direction of the one you expect... In fact for me, it feels as though the boulder always goes UP towards Skeldrich instead of DOWN, despite sweeping the stylus DOWN. The final one is that even if you manage to get it into position, you have to endure several attacks just standing there, because it takes too long to use the Sand Wand to position the boulder.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm just so far beyond frustrated right now. Even the Temple of the Ocean King, at it's worst, did not frustrate me this much, because I knew that it COULD be done, it was just very discouraging. This battle is so messy that I'm not sure I can do it. I'm half afraid that my touchscreen is malfunctioning, or something. It feels like the boulder moves randomly, or too slowly. I just don't see any way I can do this. I've cried and screamed so much that my throat is sore, my face is red, my stylus is bent (though I have a spare, thankfully), and I've probably blackened my soul with every possible curse known to man.

It's not fair... I worked so hard to be able to beat all the games, and now it looks like I'm going to be stopped by a stupid, sloppy control scheme that moves boulders too slowly and in random directions.

How am I supposed to get past this? It's impossible!

athenian200

Circumspect
Err, the only thing I can say is to have patience. This part was annoying, but it's still fairly easy if you take your time.

If you think there's something wrong with the touch screen, then try calibrating it.

This is really all I can say.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I hated this boss too, but here's a few tricks/hints/tactics I tried. The Sand Wand is a little weird to get used to. Best thing I can suggest for that is practicing on boulders in the dungeon, get a good feel for the controls in a no stress environment. If you think it's the touch screen, yeah, try calibrating it.

If he's destroying the boulders you stop with his own, let the first 2 of 3 destroy each other and keep the third. When he starts shooting multiple, stop one and run so the other boulders won't destroy each other, then go back and position the one you stopped. If you've not positioned the boulder before he's ready to shoot again, don't try to protect your boulder with sand walls, just run; he shoots after you.

For moving the boulders, I don't like sweeping the stylus in the direction you want it to go, since that's prone to messing up. What I do is scribble perpendicular to the direction I want the boulder to go. So if I want it to go up for example, I scribble from side to side below the boulder. It doesn't have to be precise either, since I basically scribble wildly, speed over accuracy, since if you get the boulder close enough to the catapult it'll click itself into place pretty easily.

Good luck.

athenian200

Circumspect
If you think there's something wrong with the touch screen, then try calibrating it.

This is really all I can say.

You mean you can calibrate the touch screen?

*calibrates touch screen*

*beats Skeldritch*

Huh... that's actually all that it was. The sand wand worked perfectly after I recalibrated my touch screen. I'm having fewer issues with the stylus in general now, actually. I thought it was just normally that weird and unreliable.

Thanks! I owe you one.

If he's destroying the boulders you stop with his own, let the first 2 of 3 destroy each other and keep the third. When he starts shooting multiple, stop one and run so the other boulders won't destroy each other, then go back and position the one you stopped. If you've not positioned the boulder before he's ready to shoot again, don't try to protect your boulder with sand walls, just run; he shoots after you.

That's very good advice... I did eventually learn that running was better defending, as was stopping the final boulder.
For moving the boulders, I don't like sweeping the stylus in the direction you want it to go, since that's prone to messing up. What I do is scribble perpendicular to the direction I want the boulder to go. So if I want it to go up for example, I scribble from side to side below the boulder. It doesn't have to be precise either, since I basically scribble wildly, speed over accuracy, since if you get the boulder close enough to the catapult it'll click itself into place pretty easily.
Yes, I think that explains it. The sand is what pushes the boulder, so I have to pay attention to how I can move on the "grid" the sand is created on, rather than just the direction I want the boulder to move in.

Thanks... I think this observation helped me the most, aside from the touchscreen calibration.

If I ever write a walkthrough for this game, I'll make sure to include this information. It really should be out there.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom