• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Size of Hyrule

Does anyone know the approximate size of Hyrule is in Twilight Princess (though other games would be welcome) in length, width, square miles... whatever measurements are available? The sizes of the individual provinces would also be appreciated.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Um...no. No, we don't. There's nothing ever put in the game to tell us. And for a reason. It really doesn't matter. It's just a game. Not trying to say this thread is stupid, or anything, it's just that we have no way to answer this properly.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well, not in the actual real life terms of inches and what not. All I know is that people make their own approximations of the dimensions of TP's Hyrule because it is the most realistic and is clearly fanfic material xD

I know that among the OoT speedrun community they made their own dimensions for OoT's Hyrule Field, but they use "units" rather than feet or inches or meters.

I would say that Link and the other adult Ordanians are around the average real life human's height - something like 5'5 (5 feet 5 inches) or something like that. So, from Link's House to the part where you zone into Ordon Village, I would say that is around 20-30 feet. I can't provide anything for Hyrule Field because it's way too big (like Ridley).

Hmm... It's hard to tell. I think you can imagine that Twilight Princess's Hyrule is the size of a medium-large sized country (or a continent like Europe). Then you could use a basic map scale like the ones shown below to measure the distance...
thumbnail.aspx
This honestly borders on an imaginary assessment, though, as I honestly know no other means of determining TP Hyrule's actual size, let alone each individual province...:yes:

My Dear Epona

Its all about balance
ok so a horse average speed is between 10-17 mph epona is fast so lets assume she runs around 17mph from the forrest to castle town the sun manages to go down or up depending on the moment you left so that would be around 12 hours.. so from ordon to castle town it would be 204miles, the distance to other places such as kakariko lake hylia and stuff vary but are around the same distance so... it would be like 800miles hyrule is... big

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
None of you have heard of Gran Pulse on FFXIII :P

Anyway, OoT Hyrule was a bit small, but TP is about 2x larger o.o Probably 1000 miles in TP

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom