• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Siren Realm- Re-named "Silent Realm"

Katelynn

Flirtatously Flirty
So what do you guys think of this? I think it sounds awsomer than the Siren Realm. Post your thoughts!!

I think it sounds more suitable. I reckon the whole area being blue represents silence. but that's my thought on it :P

I actually kinda like this supposed 'new?' name. I think it sounds more suitable. At first, the name "Siren Realm" appeared more like a place that lures unsuspecting adventurers in to their doom. However, I don't remember who exactly proposed that idea...

In my opinion, the blue aura provides a sense of seclusion, like a dimension 'shut off' from the world in silence, as no one (or very few) know of its existence. This realm also seems to have a very "stealth-esque" quality about it. After all, Link is swordless, and must collect the 'tears?' while avoiding the formidable Guardians.

On that note, I wonder why the Guardians are so protective of this place. Do they simply not take lightly to intruders, or is the Siren? Realm meant to be a gauntlet of trails to test a potential 'chosen one' to wield the sword of evil's bane? /tangent

Last edited by a moderator:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Yes, but to me the blueness signifies more of a ghostly feel, so I'd go with Siren World. But I think it was possibly a typo (though I hope not).

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
In Japanese, the letters L and R are interchangeable, e.g. Zelda = Zeruda and Link = Rinku. I don't know what the Japanese name for this alternate realm is, but when I first saw the renaming, part of me thought it may have just been a localization error. This was also partly because personally, I never understood the reasoning for the name Siren World anyways. Sirens are half bird half woman creatures from Greek mythology, famous for seducing men with their songs so the men would jump into the seas to find them and drown. Maybe I just try too hard to find meaning in names, but the name Siren Realm had always given way to a huge flood of crazy ideas that probably are no where near the true purpose of the realm. Silent Realm then does seem to suit the world better. Of course, if the naming was an error, it took a pretty long time to catch it, and given that the game should already be finished, seems like an awfully hasty renaming.

Personally, I like the name Siren World so much better just because it sounds cooler :bleh:

In Japanese, the letters L and R are interchangeable, e.g. Zelda = Zeruda and Link = Rinku. I don't know what the Japanese name for this alternate realm is, but when I first saw the renaming, part of me thought it may have just been a localization error. This was also partly because personally, I never understood the reasoning for the name Siren World anyways. Sirens are half bird half woman creatures from Greek mythology, famous for seducing men with their songs so the men would jump into the seas to find them and drown. Maybe I just try too hard to find meaning in names, but the name Siren Realm had always given way to a huge flood of crazy ideas that probably are no where near the true purpose of the realm. Silent Realm then does seem to suit the world better. Of course, if the naming was an error, it took a pretty long time to catch it, and given that the game should already be finished, seems like an awfully hasty renaming.

Personally, I like the name Siren World so much better just because it sounds cooler :bleh:

My sentiments precisely. :yes: I recall back to my time at KHInsider forums when everyone kept calling a new enemy for Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep "Unbirth". Everyone called them Unbirth until it was announced and corrected as "Unversed" (Anvasu). The sounds "V" and "B" follow the same convention as Xinnamin mentions with the letters "L" and "R". Japan has no native "L sound" or "V sound", so Japanese speakers often pronounce words borrowed from English like so: 'Sairen Remu'. From this, one could easily see how the intended "L sound" could easily be mistaken for an "R sound" during translation.

Last edited by a moderator:
My sentiments precisely. :yes: I recall back to my time at KHInsider forums when everyone kept calling a new enemy for Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep "Unbirth". Everyone called them Unbirth until it was announced and corrected as "Unversed" (Anvasu). The sounds "V" and "B" follow the same convention as Xinnamin mentions with the letters "L" and "R". Japan has no native "L sound" or "V sound", so Japanese speakers often pronounce words borrowed from English like so: 'Sairen Remu'. From this, one could easily see how the intended "L sound" could easily be mistaken for an "R sound" during translation.

Except that Game Informer should be in possession of an English demo of Skyward Sword, shouldn't they?

Edit: Never mind that, I know what you mean now. :)

Last edited:
Ahh no it is the silent realm good the siren realm is a weird name.Now as for what this realm could be...well I honestly have no idea but I will find out.....when the game come out.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I thought the name "Siren Realm" was pretty cool. I think it's a bit more on the creative side than "Silent Realm". Plus, the name sounds cooler as "Siren Realm", I think. :P

I was thinking maybe there were enemies like the Sirens of Greek mythology in the Realm. I think that would be a very interesting enemy to see in a Zelda game. I know I'd like to see it. But "Silent Realm" could refer to the way Link has to be "silent" as he sneaks by the monsters that kill you in one hit I've heard about. That sounds like a likely connection to me.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
It wasn't really truly confirmed that the name was changed, and I really don't see how it could have been, as the game was finished at E3. And it's like the others said. R and L are interchangeable in Japanese, which is why the Zoras are called Zolas in the original LoZ.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
The one shown at the e3 developer's conference was the Japanese version, and the names presented- like Siren World and Phi- were tentative. The game was finished sometime before or after E3 but they're still localising it.

AustinFox33

The Last Kilgannon
I personally like the new name better. We also havent seen a parallel world in awhile so Im looking forward to that. I wonder if there will be any more last minute mistakes fixed? Or I guess mis interpretations since the game is finished.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I like the name Silent Realm, whatever the meanings behind the name (change) I personally don't care about as I just want information on the realm itself at this point..

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
As mentioned about about the L and R thing, yeah, that's probably why.

Anyway, perhaps it is literally silent in this realm, that would create a very cool atmosphere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom