• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Since Twilight Princess Got a Trading Card Game Willl Skyward Sword Also Get One?

nafizl

the Sword Slinging Hero
Yesterday I went to Nintendo world I bought numerous things including TWILIGHT PRINCESS CARDS I got crappy cards and my foil card was Riding Epona! So I was wondering if there would be a Skyward Sword Card Game and the Nintendo world dude said Probably -_- yeah so tell me your thoughts I also got 10 street pass tags while I was there!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't think SS will get a trading card game. TP got one so it could boost sales of the game and basically just promote the product. With Skyward Sword already being a huge game, a TCG wouldn't really be needed unless Nintendo loves it's card fans as much as it's video gaming fans! xD

No matter what I say, there's always the possibility just because SS is a huge game, why stop at the game? They could always release commericials (they'll no doubt do that lol), a TCG, even plush toys or replica Skyward Swords (like what they did with TP and the Master Sword/Hylian Shield combo)!

Ganondork

goo
Probably not, I doubt the trading cards did well when it came to sales. Besides, SS has enough awareness to a point where people are already thinking "Yeah, I'm gonna buy this" and no amount of trading cards will probably get more fans. I would much rather see something else nicer than that, like a limited edition version with say, concept art, or a Skyward Sword replica.

C

chicken storm

Do You Think There Will Be SS Trading Cards

I was walking through Target today and I decided to look in the TCG card asile. They had three Power Pack boxes and I wondered if they had certain Boosters from a discontinued TCG since I found some packs the other day. I didn't have any luck, but I found a TP Trading Card pack. It came with three cards, some LoZ tattos, and a chance to win some unkown prize, probably the game itself. I was wondering if you thought that they would do something like this for SS.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

chicken storm

There are Zelda Trading Cards? Where have I been for the past 10 years?????

I didn't know about them today and they're only the cards that advertize stuff by labeling them as Trading Cards. It's still pretty cool though.

They have Twilight Princess trading cards. I've only seen them at the Nintendo Store in New York, though.
I don't know if they have cards for any other series.

Probably not, I doubt the trading cards did well when it came to sales. Besides, SS has enough awareness to a point where people are already thinking "Yeah, I'm gonna buy this" and no amount of trading cards will probably get more fans. I would much rather see something else nicer than that, like a limited edition version with say, concept art, or a Skyward Sword replica.

They aren't using the trading cards to get people to buy the game. They're using the game to get people to buy the trading cards.

C

chicken storm

Well then that would mean that the game itself is an advertisement and that it is shabby. The TP cards were probably a cheap way for hardcore (and I mean hardcore) Zelda fans to donate their money

Thread on this topic righty here: 21572-Since-Twilight-Princess-Got-a-Trading-Card-Game-Willl-Skyward-Sword-Also-Get-One

I still don't think SS will have trading cards, simply because it is already big, why waste time with them? Yes, they could become good marketing, but when have the TCGs of mainly video game based franchises ever become BIG?
Pokemon cards. Sure they have an anime, but the video game is the main staple, that's how it started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom