• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Simple Question?

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Yes, Aonuma stated that there will be fields that work like dungeons, which is indicating that there will be fields. There will probably be fields in Skyloft and Hyrule for both but that's just my speculation. But i'm thinking (me) that there will be more fields in Hyrule than there is in Skyloft. I hope you have your answer! :)

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
It's very likely. I believe that the "land below" is indeed Hyrule, and there will be a field in Hyrule like there has been in every appearance of Hyrule.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
I'm pretty sure Hyrule field is a must. It's been in every 3D Zelda game excluding Windwaker, that actually takes place in Hyrule. I'm also pretty sure it's been confirmed all ready.

I would say yes, unless, hyrule isn't hyrule yet... my theory that link stops the war, and creates Hyrule in a way... and they create the crest after where he comes from. (there is wing sort of things on his sheild, on temples and all over hyrule)

disturbed42

I will win....eventually!
Hyrule Field is such a classic neccessity for me, so I'd love to see it again :) And I'm thinking along the lines of PhantomTriforce, that Hyrule is the land below.

Then there is a field in Hyrule, and oh look! You have your Hyrule field! :D

David

But you called me here...
I'm pretty sure Hyrule field is a must. It's been in every 3D Zelda game excluding Windwaker, that actually takes place in Hyrule. I'm also pretty sure it's been confirmed all ready.

Wind Waker actually does take place in Hyrule. The game takes place above it on the great sea.

Just as Aero_Dynamic has said, there are definitely going to be fields like the other games. Whether they are Hyrule or not, we'll have to wait and see. There has to be an over world in Zelda. Otherwise, the game wouldn't be the same and it would probably consist of levels instead of free-roam exploration.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Yep! HoM said it! Exploration! That's it! Nintendo would want to give us freedom and play around in the fields, Nintendo wants the Zelda to have good exploration, besides, EVERY Zelda game has Hyrule field or something to explore, so why exclude it from a game Nintendo itself meaning mostly Miyamoto, Aonuma, and the Zelda Development team is excited for?

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
Wind Waker actually does take place in Hyrule. The game takes place above it on the great sea.

Just as Aero_Dynamic has said, there are definitely going to be fields like the other games. Whether they are Hyrule or not, we'll have to wait and see. There has to be an over world in Zelda. Otherwise, the game wouldn't be the same and it would probably consist of levels instead of free-roam exploration.

That's why I said all 3D games that take place in Hyrule excluding WindWaker.

Yes, Aonuma stated that there will be fields that work like dungeons, which is indicating that there will be fields. There will probably be fields in Skyloft and Hyrule for both but that's just my speculation. But i'm thinking (me) that there will be more fields in Hyrule than there is in Skyloft. I hope you have your answer! :)
He was referring to "field" areas, not literal open fields. He meant the main areas you traverse outside of dungeons, towns and caves. The overworld, basically.

Anyway, it's 90% certain that the land below is Hyrule. So Hyrule Field, as was already said, is a given. The question is will Hyrule Field be a boring field like OoT or TP or will it be something more like ALttP? Or will Hyrule Field just be a part of the overworld instead of the bulk of it?

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Didn't Miyamoto or Aonuma state that the demo of E3 was a part of the first sections you'll go through? Also, I think they did say that the land below was Hyrule, somewhere when they said E3 demo was part of Hyrule early parts.
So I guess the land below IS Hyrule and so then there ARE fields right? Unless I'm mistaken... yeah.. they did state that the land below is Hyrule. And there will ALWAYS be Hyrule field in Hyrule right? It's like peanut butter without jam. You have to have peanut butter and jam for the bread! Or Hyrule field and Hyrule for the Land of Hyrule, cuz if there wasn't Hyrule field IN Hyrule, then what's the land of Hyrule? A little town? No! Fields have been a staple in the Zelda franchise, it gives players freedom to explore, sidequest possibilities, and replay value. If they didn't put fields, then what is Zelda? If there are no fields, we'll be playing a literal on-rails game. Sure Twilight Princess felt a little bit on-rails (to me), there was still Hyrule field to explore. To me, Hyrule field is a MUST for Zelda, it's an element to The Legend of Zelda, it's one of the best parts of the Zelda games, specially for the 3d or console games, even the handheld games, yes, the handheld game too! Hyrule field gives us freedom to play around when we don't want to do the main quest. Skyward Sword WILL have Hyrule field. If not Hyrule field, then SOME kind of field then!

A field is actually necessary to have an interconnected and living world. If all places were just crammed together without a field (open areas) between them, the game would feel very claustrophobic. So I do think there is going to be a field. Now, I don't think its size will be as open as the one you find in TP. The developers are trying to create a big world but not an empty world, and areas that are far to big like the ones in TP serve for little purpose at all. SO i think that their size will be reduced to some extent. But I highly doubt there will be no field at all. Most games like Zelda need some sort of area to interconnect all of the areas in the game, in the case of Zelda, thats Hyrule field.

Didn't Miyamoto or Aonuma state that the demo of E3 was a part of the first sections you'll go through? Also, I think they did say that the land below was Hyrule, somewhere when they said E3 demo was part of Hyrule early parts.
Nope, he didn't. In fact, they've basically told us the opposite: The demo area isn't even in the game, but rather is a component or a frankenstein (I'm not sure which) of an area already in the game.

So I guess the land below IS Hyrule and so then there ARE fields right? Unless I'm mistaken... yeah.. they did state that the land below is Hyrule. And there will ALWAYS be Hyrule field in Hyrule right? It's like peanut butter without jam.
They never said it was Hyrule. Strangely, the name of the land below Skyloft is one of the few things they have kept silent about. However, yeah, it's almost certainly Hyrule.

As for fields, Hyrule didn't have a field until Ocarina of Time. That's three full games beforehand featuring Hyrule without a field. Skyward Sword has shown a couple of elements suggesting it pays homage to the early titles (like the classic Octoroks), and since it takes place either at or near the beginning of the timeline, that makes sense. So it might reference the old games in such a way as to completely omit the open fields. And I would actually like that. I mean, fields could be implemented as a part of the overworld, but I'd like to see a deeper overworld to traverse with a lot more in it and more variety. Even if the fields had been good in recent times (and they haven't), they're certainly overdone and stale. Let's have a more interesting overworld, hm?

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Yes, I agree with Axle, I want "alive" fields. The E3 demo, even if it was a demo, it was full of stuff. I see good potential in the actual fields. I'm sure it's Hyrule field, because, usually the Master Sword was in all the games that included Hyrule right? Unless I'm wrong, cause if I am, don't explode on me.
As I was saying, games such as Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and Ocarina of Time have Hyrule, and the Master Sword. So to me, if the Master Sword is going to be in the game, which it is, then of course there's going to be Hyrule! Right?:hmm:~?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom