• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Silent Realm = Sacred Realm?

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
Ever since SS was released, I have time to time seen theories of the Silent Realm being the Sacred Realm. I never really thought it could be at all. However, I was recently thinking about the end of SS and remembered that when Link went to get the Triforce pieces in Sky Keep, he needed to stab the Master Sword into each of the three Golden Goddesses symbols in order to find the triforce. Once Link stabs the symbols, he is taken to a place that greatly resembles the first room of the dungeon. However, it has the same colour and texture as the Sacred Realms.

Seeing as throughout Ocarina of Time it is detailed that the Triforce is hidden in the Sacred Realm, I feel it to be very probable that the Silent Realm is the Sacred Realm. Please feel free to post your thoughts on my theory or even better post your own theories regarding this matter below.

SNOlink

I'm baack. Who missed me?
It does make sense that the Silent Realm is the Sacred Realm. Like you said, both have the Triforce, so that helps. Other than that, though, there's not anything else I can think of. There's probably other ways, but I'm just either not aware of them or can't remember them at the time.

T

teaspoons

Ok! So I joined just to say this: You know how Sheik says in OoT that if someone with a pure and righteous heart were to touch the Triforce, the Sacred Realm would turn into a paradise?

When you complete the Triforce in SS, your surroundings turn all golden and beautiful and filled with light.... Sacred Realm becoming a paradise? ...Just a thought

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
My theory ls that like the formation of the Master Sword, the silent realm had undergone a transformation after the events of skyward sword. It only makes sense that the Silent Realm is a holy place, at that time only to be accessed by the Goddess' chosen hero in order to be tested. Its littered with guardians and other obstacles to get in Link's way. In addition to this, in the Sky Keep, Link must access the silent realm in order to claim the 3 parts of the Triforce. So i believe this to be an early version of the sacred realm where the Triforce is hidden away from the eyes of people.

At the end of skyward sword the whole Triforce shines in the hands of the Statue of the Goddess. This leads me to believe that the Silent/Sacred Realm is inseparable from the Triforce and one must exist with the other. When the kingdom was established either Zelda or a current Impa might have taken the whole triforce and sealed it in the Sacred Realm to be hidden from the eyes of the people. However the knowledge of the Triforce did not go unnoticed and the Realm Could be accessed by anyone who knew the secret of how to get into it. Thus the Master Sword, a blade that could not be touched by evil ones served as the key and the seal to the sacred realm for only the hero to claim when the time came. But as we all know The Hero of Time was too young to wield the sword and enter realm leaving it exposed to Ganondorf. In the case of a Link to the Past (now occurring on a different timeline), something else served as the seal to the sacred realm in which Ganon was able to conquer and force his way into the sacred realm to claim the triforce

I'm a proponent to this theory. In fact, I composed several theories of my own on this topic a while back - months before the release of Skyward Sword. Unfortunately, I can't post links to my theories here, as they are insanely difficult to find at the moment. To the point: I think it was hinted in SS, actually, that the Silent Realm is indeed the Sacred Realm.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
Maybe the texture and coloring and stuff of the sacred realm and the silent realms are similar because they were both created by the power of the Goddesses? Other than that, not a whole lot connecting them comes to mind.

i think one is like a area for dimises like own area for stuff and one is just to keep them out of the light

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
Ever since SS was released, I have time to time seen theories of the Silent Realm being the Sacred Realm. I never really thought it could be at all. However, I was recently thinking about the end of SS and remembered that when Link went to get the Triforce pieces in Sky Keep, he needed to stab the Master Sword into each of the three Golden Goddesses symbols in order to find the triforce. Once Link stabs the symbols, he is taken to a place that greatly resembles the first room of the dungeon. However, it has the same colour and texture as the Sacred Realms.

Seeing as throughout Ocarina of Time it is detailed that the Triforce is hidden in the Sacred Realm, I feel it to be very probable that the Silent Realm is the Sacred Realm. Please feel free to post your thoughts on my theory or even better post your own theories regarding this matter below.

Your theory is a good one, but the Silent Realm is probably not the Sacred Realm.

For some reason, most people get the impression that the Silent Realm is the sacred Ream because of the word 'Realm' and because of the letter 'I'. You see, the Sacred Realm and the Silent Realm are completely different places. The Silent Realm is where Hylia has created trials for her Chosen hero, once her hero has passed these various trials the hero is rewarded with a useful item, e.g the Clawshots. When you obtain the Triforce you do appear in a place with similar colour and texture but, that doesn't make it the Scared Realm.

I think the reason Nintendo did this was because you have passed a trial. The Sky Keep mainly consists of three parts, each of witch, end at obtaining a fraction of the Triforce. Three trials in the Sky Keep, like three parts. Nintendo wanted to express that.

Hylia also needed a safe place to keep the three pieces of the Triforce. Of course, the Sky Keep is a pretty safe place, but having three pieces of Triforce lying around on the ground or sitting in a display case, wouldn't be very practical. The Sky Keep, in general, is hidden very well, but once you find it there are still trials that await you in the dungeon. The most obvious trials are fighting the enemies and solving the puzzles. But the enemies are all either Demise's people, e.g. moblins, or bad guys. Ever wonder how these guys got there? Perhaps Hylia put them there on purpose, but, these bad guys are still bad. If the Triforce was just lying around, then even incredibly non-intelligent moblins could put its hands on it. Besides, the Triforce is a Sacred item.

Silent Realms were also established/created by Hylia, while on the other hand the Sacred Realm was created by the Three Golden Goddess's or Rauru. The realm wouldn't look the same as Hylia's realms.

That's why I think the Silent Realm isn't the Sacred Realm.

It sounds improbable to me. Though, if you look at the room you get the Triforce from in SS, it could be anywhere in the world. It's just a completely sealed off chamber. Even from the outside, it probably doesn't look like anything special. Using that type of chamber, you could just place it in the middle of Skyloft; people would just wonder for a few seconds about what it is and then forget about it.

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
Your theory is a good one, but the Silent Realm is probably not the Sacred Realm.

For some reason, most people get the impression that the Silent Realm is the sacred Ream because of the word 'Realm' and because of the letter 'I'. You see, the Sacred Realm and the Silent Realm are completely different places. The Silent Realm is where Hylia has created trials for her Chosen hero, once her hero has passed these various trials the hero is rewarded with a useful item, e.g the Clawshots. When you obtain the Triforce you do appear in a place with similar colour and texture but, that doesn't make it the Scared Realm.

I think the reason Nintendo did this was because you have passed a trial. The Sky Keep mainly consists of three parts, each of witch, end at obtaining a fraction of the Triforce. Three trials in the Sky Keep, like three parts. Nintendo wanted to express that.

Hylia also needed a safe place to keep the three pieces of the Triforce. Of course, the Sky Keep is a pretty safe place, but having three pieces of Triforce lying around on the ground or sitting in a display case, wouldn't be very practical. The Sky Keep, in general, is hidden very well, but once you find it there are still trials that await you in the dungeon. The most obvious trials are fighting the enemies and solving the puzzles. But the enemies are all either Demise's people, e.g. moblins, or bad guys. Ever wonder how these guys got there? Perhaps Hylia put them there on purpose, but, these bad guys are still bad. If the Triforce was just lying around, then even incredibly non-intelligent moblins could put its hands on it. Besides, the Triforce is a Sacred item.

Silent Realms were also established/created by Hylia, while on the other hand the Sacred Realm was created by the Three Golden Goddess's or Rauru. The realm wouldn't look the same as Hylia's realms.

That's why I think the Silent Realm isn't the Sacred Realm.

Oh and on top of all that, it seems the Master Sword is the key to each Triforce piece.

Maybe the texture and coloring and stuff of the sacred realm and the silent realms are similar because they were both created by the power of the Goddesses? Other than that, not a whole lot connecting them comes to mind.

The Silent Realm was created by Hylia while the Sacred Realm was created by the Golden Goddess's

just because it looks like the silent realm doesn't mean it is you can't say two things are the same thing based on one similarity. in the silent realm fi says that the realm only (CALLS OUT TO LINK'S MIND ONLY) and if the silent realm is the sacred realm how did ganondorf and the sages get in in oot because that was the sacred realm so they could not be the same thing

I believe they are two different things. The silent realm is a dimension created for the sole purpose to test Link. Kind of like how the Sacred Realm and Twilight are two different dimensions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom