• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Silent Realm=Sacred Realm=Twilight Realm?

Donutwizard

The Angry Mask Salesman
Well I was thinking today and then I thought maybe the Silent Realm is the Sacred Realm I mean they are both mirror images of Hyrule with strong connections to the Triforce. And then of course there is the Twilight Realm which Ganon was sealed in and where Link turns into a wolf(bunny?o_O). And a lot of people say that the Twilight and Sacred realms can't be the same because they wouldn't imprison Ganondorf in the Sacred Realm. Well then explain to me a Link To the Past. So tell me what you think about this. Are these realms one and the same?

Ganondork

goo
Interesting theory. I feel as though they may be similar, but are altered because of how things transpired after the timeline split. For that reason, they aren't the same, but are similar.

Donutwizard said:
Silent Realm is the Sacred Realm I mean they are both mirror images of Hyrule with strong connections to the Triforce

The Silent Realm was a dimension created for Hylia's chosen hero - Link - to be tested. The Silent Realm is hardly connected to the Triforce until you reach Skyloft's. The spoils obtained by defeating the first three took you to the next dungeon's entrance. From there, you would do whatever was required in there - obtain the item, defeat any bosses in there, etc. - and then obtain the next song. It wasn't until Skyloft's that it had nearly nothing to do with the Triforce.

The Sacred Realm however, was made to house the Triforce. If you recall, in Skyward Sword, the Triforce wasn't even housed in a realm of any sort. If the Silent Realm and the Sacred Realm were the same thing, then your prize for completing Skyloft's Silent Realm would have been the Triforce.

And then of course there is the Twilight Realm which Ganon was sealed in and where Link turns into a wolf(bunny?).

Ganon was sealed in the Twilight Realm? Don't really remember where they said he was imprisoned. I'll take your word for it on that one, I suppose. Now, it's hard to really disprove the wolf/bunny relationship. I can see where you're coming from with that one. However, Link in A Link to the Past was turned into a bunny because it was considered to be his true form. I don't recall them explaining why he became a wolf in Twilight Princess. I'm going to assume it's because it's his true form, just for the sake of this theory.

And a lot of people say that the Twilight and Sacred realms can't be the same because they wouldn't imprison Ganondorf in the Sacred Realm. Well then explain to me a Link To the Past.

Weren't the Dark Interlopers sent to the Sacred Realm as punishment, or something along that line? Anyway, Ganondorf Dragmire willingly went to the Sacred Realm to claim the Triforce; that's not imprisonment. I compare that to the people in Silent Hill;[/I they willingly go into that realm in order to find something they want.

I think that your points show that it's possible for them to be similar, but not the same. You see how the scenarios change; instead of willingly going to the Sacred Realm in A Link to the Past, Ganondorf is imprisoned in the Twilight Realm - which seems to be a Twili-based Dark World - in Twilight Princess. Instead of his true form being a bunny in A Link to the Past, Link's true form is a wolf in Twilight Princess.

It seems like the timeline has had a larger effect than we originally thought; it doesn't just affect what happens to Hyrule, but also what happens to the Sacred Realm; does it become the Twilight Realm, or the Dark World?

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Silent Realms != Sacred Realm != Twilight Realm.

Fi said:
As expected, I cannot follow you into this realm, for this trial calls out to your mind alone This is the nature of places known as the Silent Realms. They are the domains of the spirits, accessible only to the goddess's chosen hero

Fi makes it clear that this realm is only accessible to Link and the spirits that were placed there prior. I have not find an exact quote, but it's also heavily insinuated that these realms were created by Hylia when the sacred realm was created upon the departure of original three goddesses and the Twilight Realm was also created by the three goddesses.

Sheik said:
The resting of the sacred triangle, the Sacred Realm, is the mirror that reflects what's in the heart... the heart of one who enters it

Sheik makes it clear that anyone can enter into the Sacred Realm. And as we know from TP, many people can enter the Twilight Realm. Neither are the same as the Silent Realm.

Midna said:
What do you think happened to the magic wielders who tried to rule the Sacred Realm? They were banished. They were chased across the sacred lands of Hyrule and driven to another realm of the goddesses.

This and other quotes from TP clearly separate the Sacred Realm from that of the Twilight Realm.

We can conclude that none of the three realms are the same. They are all mystical realms that are not easy to access.

Last edited:

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I agree with Random Person in that the Sacred Realm, the Silent Realms, and the Twilight Realm are all distinct. To put it bluntly, the Sacred Realm is the resting place of the Triforce, the Silent Realms are merely trials to prove the chosen hero's capacity to obtain the Triforce, and the Twilight Realm is the place where the dark interlopers who wanted to obtain the Triforce were banished. Furthermore, Link doesn't necessarily become a wolf in the Twilight Realm; the transformation is because of Zant's dark magic. However, it's clear that the Dark World in ALttP is the Sacred Realm if you consider the official Hyrule Historia timeline. Also, the Silent Realms seem to take place within Link's mind as they symbolize personal growth.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
No. The silent realm is just a test for Link. The Sacred Realm houses the Triforce. The Twilight Realm has a bunch of Twili, a castle, looks nothing like Hyrule (silent realm) and is cut off from the rest of Hyrule. Surprised you didn't mention the dark realm in this.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Fi said:
As expected, I cannot follow you into this realm, for this trial calls out to your mind alone This is the nature of places known as the Silent Realms. They are the domains of the spirits, accessible only to the goddess's chosen hero
Fi makes it clear that this realm is only accessible to Link and the spirits that were placed there prior. I have not find an exact quote, but it's also heavily insinuated that these realms were created by Hylia when the sacred realm was created upon the departure of original three goddesses and the Twilight Realm was also created by the three goddesses.

Sheik said:
The resting of the sacred triangle, the Sacred Realm, is the mirror that reflects what's in the heart... the heart of one who enters it
Sheik makes it clear that anyone can enter into the Sacred Realm.
Actually, those quotes sound very similar to me. The Silent Realms call out only to the mind of the one who enters them, and one only dwells there as a spirit. The spirit could be said to be a reflection of what's in the heart. The Sacred Realm reflects that very same thing. Both realms are places of introspection, where a person's deepest essence exists, and are therefore only relevant to that person. Fi can't follow Link because she doesn't have his mind/heart/spirit (if she has one at all).

The contradiction of how many people can enter each realm exists only in the simultaneous sense. Just as more than one person can enter the Sacred Realm at a time, more than one person can enter the Silent Realm; it just wouldn't be the same Silent Realm. Even so, that contradiction already existed within the Sacred Realm, without taking the Silent Realm into consideration. How can a mirror reflect two different worlds at once? It became an evil place when Ganondorf entered, but wouldn't it become a good place when Link entered? We were given many conflicting messages back when the developers were trying to figure out for themselves how exactly the SR works.

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
First, just to get this out of the way, I believe the Twilight Realm has no connection to the other two, it's just the Twili's kingdom and home. There is a connection, though, between the Silent Realm and the Sacred Realm that I can't ignore: you find the Triforce in the Silent Realm. Link stabs his sword into the ground and pulls it out again to enter the Silent Realm. In OoT, when Link pulls his sword out of the ground he enters the Sacred Realm. The Triforce is held in the Sacred Realm, which is connected to the world through the Temple of Time. The Triforce is last seen in SS in a sacred area just beyond Hylia's Realm, a temple to Hylia, the Goddess of Time. See how it all starts to connect? The Silent Realm took a form that mirrors Hyrule for the Trials, and the Chamber of the Sages in the Temple of Light in the Sacred Realm mirrors the Temple of Time, an idea which is enforced by the seal from the Light Medallion. So I think tue Silent Realm is the same as the Sacred Realm, and the Twilight Realm is just over there somewhere, completely unconnected.

Last edited:
Well it's been a while since I posted here...I'll go ahead and throw my ideas out there :)
So the Imprisoning War in A Link to the Past (Manga version I can't remember if it was exactly the same in the game) said that the Triforce shines in a realm of eternal twilight. http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/2321/214876-goldenland0_super.jpg
I think that the Silent Realm and the Sacred Realm are completely different. The Twilight Realm and the Sacred Realm however could possibly be something to put more thought into, but then again, that information about the Triforce "Shining in a ream of eternal twilight" was from the Manga. If that wasn't the official explanation as from the game, then the Sacred Realm, Twilight Realm and Silent Realm I think are all different realms with different purposes

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Well it's been a while since I posted here...I'll go ahead and throw my ideas out there :)
So the Imprisoning War in A Link to the Past (Manga version I can't remember if it was exactly the same in the game) said that the Triforce shines in a realm of eternal twilight. http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/2321/214876-goldenland0_super.jpg
I think that the Silent Realm and the Sacred Realm are completely different. The Twilight Realm and the Sacred Realm however could possibly be something to put more thought into, but then again, that information about the Triforce "Shining in a ream of eternal twilight" was from the Manga. If that wasn't the official explanation as from the game, then the Sacred Realm, Twilight Realm and Silent Realm I think are all different realms with different purposes
Twilight's a generic concept that by no means must refer to the Twilight Realm. Regardless, as you said, that's the manga. In the game, the interlopers were trying to gain access to the Sacred Realm in order to control Hyrule, but were chased by the Light Spirits to the Twilight Realm. It would be illogical for the two to be the same.

If I recall correctly, the chambers where you get the Triforce pieces has the same atmosphere and the style as the Silent Realm, which you enter by plunging the Master Sword into a seal. And when you get all three pieces, the atmosphere suddenly turns to gold, much like the Sacred Realm.
[video=youtube;kHwZIgcqNYM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHwZIgcqNYM[/video]

See 00:41, 02:00, and 3:42 for the entrance to the Triforce chambers. See 3:50 for the color change in the chamber.

However, I don't believe that the Twilight Realm is the Sacred Realm as the Dark Interlopers were banished there for invading the Sacred Realm.

caleb11roy

Hero of Rhyme
The Sacred Realm is a place betweem time. The Twilight Realm is the mirror reflection of our world. The Dark World from A Link to the Past is simply the world after Ganon has conquered. In A Link to the Past Ganon has all three triforce pieces. In OoT he only has the Triforce of Power. In Twilight Princess He just upsets the balance of Shadow and Light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom