• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler *sigh* Anybody else Having Trouble with Thunder Dragon's Challenge Hero Mode?

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
Anybody have any strategies for Lanayru's challenge in Hero mode? I really want to get the Hylian shield before Demise, but he keeps pitting me up against the hardest bosses right after the first round!!!

xXNami-sanXx

Hey! Listen!
It all depends what bosses you do and don't like really.
I chose Koloktos first because I knew that I would lose a few hearts in that battle. The next bossed that he would throw at me were ones were I could easily get hearts (like Scaldera and The Imprisoned). I would advise you not to choose these bosses first.
Umm...as for the Imprisoned, in the earlier stages of the battles against it, I would advise that you try this:
Try to stay in front of it most of the time, target it and then use the Skyward Strike. It worked for me and meant that I didn't really have to go near it!! :)

I know this challenge can be a little tricky, but believe me, you can do it! After all, you only need to fight 8 bosses to get the shield (which will really benefit you).
Hope this helps! Good luck!!!

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
It all depends what bosses you do and don't like really.
I chose Koloktos first because I knew that I would lose a few hearts in that battle. The next bossed that he would throw at me were ones were I could easily get hearts (like Scaldera and The Imprisoned). I would advise you not to choose these bosses first.
Umm...as for the Imprisoned, in the earlier stages of the battles against it, I would advise that you try this:
Try to stay in front of it most of the time, target it and then use the Skyward Strike. It worked for me and meant that I didn't really have to go near it!! :)

I know this challenge can be a little tricky, but believe me, you can do it! After all, you only need to fight 8 bosses to get the shield (which will really benefit you).
Hope this helps! Good luck!!!

Oh I had no problem in the original mode getting the Hylian shield....im talking about HERO mode where there are no hearts D:

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
Having the Hard bosses first is a strategy that I like to have. I personally choose Imprisoned 2nd time, because I have some trouble with that fight. Choose the hardest first, then you have the most hearts to get by them and you can breeze through the early bosses. Have some heart potions + and maybe revitalizing potions to restore your shield if it gets too much damage done on it, but you may want to just put the shield away during boss fights where the shield doesn't do much good. Bosses like Koloktos and the Imprisoned kind of negate your shield. If you are missing a bottle or two, get them asap and fill 'em up with potions. This has worked for me at least. Because of the lack of heart, I find that I spend money more often to buy potions and such, as well as more time bug catching. Back on topic, get lots of potions and choose the hardest boss for you first.

Last edited:

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
Having the Hard bosses first is a strategy that I like to have. I personally choose Imprisoned 2nd time, because I have some trouble with that fight. Choose the hardest first, then you have the most hearts to get by them and you can breeze through the early bosses. Have some heart potions + and maybe revitalizing potions to restore your shield if it gets too much damage done on it, but you may want to just put the shield away during boss fights where the shield doesn't do much good. Bosses like Koloktos and the Imprisoned kind of negate your shield. If you are missing a bottle or two, get them asap and fill 'em up with potions. This has worked for me at least. Because of the lack of heart, I find that I spend money more often to buy potions and such, as well as more time bug catching. Back on topic, get lots of potions and choose the hardest boss for you first.

Duuuuuuuude you cant use pouch items!!!!!!! :P so no potions D: but i do like your strategy!

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
If you're against the third stage of the Imprisoned, you can jump on it's head without being knocked off, except you have to use a bomb and you need to be fast. Here's how. Get up a level above as if you're about to jump on it's head. Then use the Groosenator to launch a bomb onto it. While it's stunned, jump on its and attack the Sealling Spike. Then you can either use the giant geyser to get on it's head, or you can use the Groosenator. The third time, you have to be launched (Don't bother trying to save bombs for the third part. I did and it didn't work). Just don't miss, For the second stage, use the Groosenator for the Rolley polley thing. I don't have any advice for the Horde, because that's the only thing that stopped me from beating the entire thing. For Demise, keep hitting him and use your shield everytime he attacks, that way you can make him fall on the ground which can let you hit him a lot more. I don't really have any advice for the third battle against Ghirahim. Just dodge or block his attacks and attack whenever you can. When he defends himself with the giant sword, take a second or too to figure out which side of his sword is the weakest, and attack that part.

The best thing to do is take your time and really focus on enemy attacks. If there is a boss that you struggle with, then practice with that boss a couple of times. I practiced the Horde battle because I always died, but after training, I got better and never got hit. It helps if you pick the boss you find the most difficult first so that you can fly through the bosses you find easier to beat. It takes alot of skill and effort, but you should pull through.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Okay a few things to point in general you will have 3 rounds then a boss who tends to have heart's built in E.G scaldera, imprisoned, koloktos (attack the pillars), best advice is to take it slow and easy do not rush i can do a no damage run and still wipe the floor timewise but that's because i trained myself to do (ya i know i'm a sad git), potions do in fact work if you use a guardian + with a potion medal RIGHT BEFORE you talk to lanarye (thunder dragon) then the effect will last a round or two (if your taking it slow) or is your a speeder up to 5 rounds depending on your time (5 is the highest i've gottone i quite literally had the bosses in chronological order), and the single best bit of adivise i can give is get the goddess shield it regenerates if damaged and also because all three ghirahims are like a piece of putty under the shields awesome power ( you may need to work on timing issues), if you have a problem with a certain boss (tentalus for me HOW I HATE IT) do it first if you know you arn't very good at it or hope you get it for last, ALWAYS leave the horde for last it can take ages to do and is a waste of guardian's potions, remember the skyward strike is your friend it charges instantly (if in hero mode) and it's at full strength, final bit of adivice DODGE LIKE MADE, especially if you think they are going to slaughter you heartwise. There's no shame in running from tricky bosses.

Last edited:

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
yahah!!!!! I did it!!!!! barely lol but i did it...I faced all three of the Imprisoned which i didnt like at all -_-. i basically got all the hard bosses at the beginning and the easier ones at the end. Simpol, thanks SOO much for that strategy about the Guardian potion....worked like a charm!!!

EeveeChan

Is FINALLY out of school!
I am having definetly having some trouble with this. After the first round, he immediately makes me battle the 3rd imprisoned, which I have a problem jumping on its head & not missing, so I have to start alll over again. Another time he matched me up with Demise! He will not give me a break in Hero Mode!

The Joker

<span style="text-shadow:2px 2px 4px Purpl
Still haven't played hero mode but I did have a pain of a time the first time around. I completed the challenge the second time around so it really isn't too tough. You just have to know strategy.

One thing I always make sure of when I start the Lightning Round: that I have upgraded Guardian Potion (so I take no damage at all) and the Potion Medal (which makes it last the first few battles).

This thing took me forever to beat. I must of tried it like 20 times before he finally chose not to give me the monster hoard and some of the other annoying battles. Just keep on your toes and use that Shield Bash when you need to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom