• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sidequests

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I'm surprised to not of found a thread on this.

Anyway, what are your favourite sidequests in the series, and why so?
Asides from the classic Heart Pieces I love to collect, my favourite sidequest is the Howling Stones in Twilight Princess. The Hero's Shade is one of the most epic characters in the series and the moves he teaches are very useful to the main quest, as well.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I've always liked the gold skulltula sidequest in MM. I think that the time limit and the fact that you need specific items for each one adds to the challenge of this sidequest.

The heart piece from the Cucco Lady in MC. That Cucco game is prob one of the hardest mini games in the entire LoZ series IMO.

skywardsword13

Dawn of the Final Day
I have to say my favorite is the Anju & Kafei Quest from MM. You get so pulled into it and heartbroken, and it happens as the world's about to end, which makes it more epic.

I always play this quest and then in the last few minutes before the moon falls, I go up in the tower to fight Majora :P

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
I have to say my favorite is the Anju & Kafei Quest from MM. You get so pulled into it and heartbroken, and it happens as the world's about to end, which makes it more epic.

I always play this quest and then in the last few minutes before the moon falls, I go up in the tower to fight Majora :P

Same. The Anju & Kafei quest is so sad and happy at the same time and works well with the three day cycle. Also all the optional things you can do in the quest make it even better.

Anju & Kafei is easily the best, bar none. It was time intensive but not monotonous, fun and intriguing. You always wanted to know what happened next and it was impossible to not get caught up in the story and characters. Finally the ending is easily the most emotional moment in any Zelda game period, more so then any of the endings. Two lovers reunited, who decide to stay and face their deaths together. Beautiful!

After thatI would say the Trade Sequences. I really love those. It's a great way to explore the land and also to further flesh out some of the characters and story. The best example is the OoT Biggoron quest, in that one we see the unusual family drama between the cucco lady, her brother and the old potion shop lady. It served a great job in showing us a closer look at those characters and what they were going through.

blackenedktulu

Fierce Deity
I wouldn't say its my favourite, but the 100 skulltulas of Ocarina of Time. Long, tedious, frustrating. But so damn worth it in the end. *

My favourite is Anju/Kafei, or the Biggoron Sword.

*In the sense that the family are all healed and the map is empty of skulltulas. In terms of physical rewards? Uhhh.... not so much.

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
Well, from all the games that I've played so far...I really enjoyed Biggoron Sword sidequest, mostly because of the awesome reward you get. The Gem sidequest in Phantom Hourglass is also fun and rewarding, allowing for you to defeat eneimes in more diverse ways (plus it gives the other spirits aside from Ciela some sort of purpose). The Golden Bug sidequest is also interesting, and helps you earn loads of cash when you need it.

Though I haven't played majora's Mask, I have to say that the Anju and Kafei seems really intriguing and filled with depth that other sidequests lack, so therefore, it is probably a favorite of mine (having seen Let's Plays of the sidequest.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom