• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Side Quests in BotW2

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
How do you want the Side Quests in Breath of the Wild 2 to be?

The original received some criticisms for being very fetch-questy. There's definitely improvement to be made in this department. However, these things come in all shapes and sizes, and there's many different kinds of side quests that can be implemented into a game of this caliber. What are your thoughts on this subject?

I don't actually kind fetch quests when you take in a side-quest, you know it's a side-quest so you're already not expecting anything too major to be asked of you.

You're also the one who initiated the quest so suck it up....

I didn't kind the sidequests in BotW, what I did mind was the reward, 300 rupees every single bloody time. What good is 300 rupees when I'm finding opals and topaz and rubies and sapphires under rocks and in chests?

If the rewards were buffed up weapons or even a way to buff up a weapon you had to let it last longer or something then that would have been nice.

So I wouldn't mind more of the same for sidequests in BotW2. Just make the rewards better.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I'd like them to be more like The Witcher 3's. In that game side quests had proper stories to them and it was never a simple matter of just go get some item for some person. There was always development and sometimes twists in what you expect to be a simple quest.

Majora's mask was the closest to these kind of quests that we got yet no Zelda since has come close to matching them.

In BoTW there was no development during side quests and almost all quests were simple fetch quests for 1 dimensional characters with little to no story to them. I hope this changes next time and they add more development to side quests, giving them proper stories and allowing link to get to know the characters giving them.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
The side quests should appear in a large number like in Skyrim.

I want both mini-games and side quests.
a mini game something like the Fun Fun island
sidequests that involves the sea. I mean, the Eventide island is cool but I need to see something cooler.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I like sidequests that actually come together and contribute to the story. The sidequests I enjoyed the most in BotW was the Tarrey Town sidequests. You had to do a couple of quests and they all came together as a kinda mini story ending with a marriage. I love it when sidequests contribute to something. The korok search quest was lame because all you got as a reward was one golden seed to make Hestu dance. That was lame. They could have cut the korok seeds needed in half or even more. If they do something like that again at least make the reward more worth it like a sword or special kinda armor

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I'd like if they did what Majora's Mask did and give you actual meaningful items from it if that doesn't work then something similar to witcher 3's where you got more backstory on the world overall, hell even some kill quests would work well considering hyrule seems to have an excess of bokoblins. (These damn hylians you'd think they'd kill em off or something)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom