• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Siblings

S

Spirit Tracks

I have 2 little bros. there 3 and 7. my 7 year one is just a tantrumer while my 3 year old IS the devil..im amazed im still alive.

I have a 7 year-old and a 4 year-old. They are Ganondorf and the Devil teamed up. My brother is a cyco video game addicted maniac and my sister is the devil in disguise. She is a spoiled brat that must have attention of any kind. I also a a 1 year-old half-sister but she is almost a toddler making me the "guy who has to do everything." At least me sisters and brother will still have to go to school when I graduate. Nothing helps with mine. When life gives you lemons, they ARE my siblings.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
I have an older sister who is silly sometimes(Guess who that is:rolleyes:) which gets annoying, she can also be grumpy, but most of the time she's fun.:D I have another older sister who is saintly ALL the time and is also fun.:) I have an older brother who is annoying a lot since he likes to attack me and pick on me but when he's not in mean mode he's a lot of fun.:nod: And then I have a younger sister who can be a brat A LOT but that's how younger siblings are so I live with it. She also likes to pick on me and take after my brother. That's it though. I am the 4th out of 5.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
I have a little brother who is 11 and is registered here as Byrne, but just left the forums. Other than that, I have an older brother who is 17, but he really looks younger. He also doesn't have much sense of responsibility and is very lazy, so he is having troubles in school but he won't realize it.

Reading all of the comments above, I now appreciate having a normal family.

I'm just curious on how many ZDers have siblings and how they handle them.

But I have an annoying older brother, but he pretty much "hates" me all the time. I've been trying to be a kind and considerate sister, but it's not really working. And my life's been a ****, since he makes me do all of his chores for not "helping" out, when he's on the computer, while I'm folding the laundry RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM.

Please help, and don't forget to post rants about your siblings;)

Tell him its not fair how he treats you.
Say it in a calm voice.
Tell him if he helps you out and starts being nicer you are happy to do things for him.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tell him to help you or no computer for him.
It seems you are really nice and care about him and just want to help bit sometimes you can do to much and he takes advantage of you.
What id do is do less for him and i think he will do more as you will not do it.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
Hahahahaha, siblings.. no. I don't have any siblings, I am an only child. I quite like it that way, I only live with my mom, so my house is very quiet. I loath busy households and noise, I prefer quiet. When my moms friend and her baby come and visit, I hate it so much. He touches everything, is so loud, jabs me in the face at like 7am when I'm trying to sleep. Not to mention his mother doesn't discipline him. He screams in restaurants, super embarrassing. I would never ever want to have siblings. My friend has siblings and ugh.. so loud and noisy. So glad I'm an only child.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I have an older brother who is 22, older sister who is 17, younger brothers who are 12 and 9, and a younger sister who is 4.

My older brother and I used to fight like every single day. It wasn't fighting like physical fighting, I'd just bug him to death. When he was 15ish, he had a game called Diablo 2. D2 is the best online game ever, bst hack and slash game anyway. I would pester him to play, and if he never let me I would mess up his bed usually to his chasing me around the house. Now he is in college though I am so glad he still lives with us, I wouldn't be able to handle him living elsewhere. Now we don't fight much at all, I consider him like my little-ish older brother and we joke around with each other a lot. Something that is really a neat thing is that he is exactly 6 years and 362 days older than me, so usually the 7 year gap is placed on us. Another really sweet thing is Zelda: Ocarina of Time was released on both of our birthdays: mine in Japan and his in North America. We got OoT for my birthday, partially why it is my most loved game ever. The Super Smash Bros Melee event match, Seven Years, I often associate with me and my brother. : D

My older sister I really do treat more like she is my little sister – she isn't that much older than me (only like a year and a half) and most of the time when she is throwing fits of rage, I make the more sensible choices. Plus, my parents don't trust her driving by herself so I have to go with her whereever she goes, so I am sorta like a guardian for her. We got into fights, I remember I broke her Game Boy Advance and I buried it about 5 feet in our backyard (it is still there underground). We still fight, but we also are friendly in that we generally dislike the same things about people. We have a very different kinds of friends though. Where she has friends with the spontaneous group my friends are usually quiet.

My two little bros antagonize each other, so I am usually the mediator between the two but to no avail, sadly. They fight with me every single day simply because they are little and don't understand what it means to be older. I love them to death even if they leave my room in shambles, and actually whenever they are out of the house (such as going to the store) for extended periods of time I actually feel a deep sadness.

Finally my little sister is just all over the place. She starts fights with my little bros for no reason at all. She tries to help whenever she sees others helping, which in a way is really good but at the same time, she gets in the way of some jobs such as cleaning the dishes. I love her even though she annoys me at times.

I consider my older cousin who is older than me by a few months to be my twin brother for the most part. He doesn't understand things like I do, but he's okay.

I consider a girl I talk to a lot to be my little sister, she doesn't open up to me at all but the things I get about her from my friends tells me she is troubled very easily. She doesn't display much emotion and I know that those kinds of people generally are fragile people so I try not to do anything to make her cry - if she cries at all that is. If I could, I would adopt her into my family because her family is a little rough.

-------
As for dealing with siblings, I can suggest this: if you have older siblings (like 5 years or older), don't bug them as much as you do. You may think that you don't bug them, but you really do. Be polite, don't barge in their rooms, ask nicely fort hings but don't overask. If they say no, just take the no and be off with your business. If the difference between your siblings and you is marginal (like 2 years ish), don't fight with them over trivial things. No, they are not the devil or whatever term you apply to them, they're just confused is all. I've been there and understand it all even though I'm only 15. So yeah, love and cherish your siblings and if they bug you and you tell them no or take something from them, explain with a calm voice why they can't have/do a certain thing. :3

Last edited:
I have two older sisters ages 36, and 32. I am the youngest... We had a really, REALLY hard childhood.. because of that we went through a lot and remain close to this day.

My wife however has 8 siblings, 7 living... my wife was also the first in her family born in the United States.... one of her sisters she doesnt talk to anymore because of a fight....

Last edited:

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I'm the youngest of 4. When I was little I used to bother them all the time so I was really asking for whatever trouble they gave me and now as I'm growing up we're having more mature conversations. My oldest brother Jeremy whose about a decade older than me and has plans on working for Wycliffe. Next is my sister Jeanell (That's how she spells that name) she's married to our pastor's son. Next is my other brother Arthur who does office work in Tallahassee for people applying for disability and other office work associated with people who have disabilities.

All I can say on your case is say you're to lazy to it yourself and I'm not your local cleaner so do your chores yourself.

I have two older brothers and one older sister. I'm the youngest, so there's good benefits and bad benefits. Good things, I get cool stuff passed down form my siblings, mainly, a CAR! Secondly, i get picked on the most, just because I'm the youngest. I'm the only one still living at home and in high school, so I get the house to myself too!

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Let's see, I have three siblings, two brothers that are 27 and 21 and a sister who is 18 going on 19 in October. So that makes me the youngest. I'm really cool with my 27 year old brother, we play games together all the time and we have the most in common. But he can be annoying at times. 21 year old brother is just stupid. He's always making the wrong the choices and can just be a downright a**hole. We don't get along too well and we always get into physical fights. It gets really serious, one time I busted the wall with him. My sister and I use to get along very well until a few years ago. She's pretty much doing her own thing now and we don't really interact as much.

I try to isolate myself from my family most of the time. Yeah, I like em and all but I just rather have time to myself. I don't get as much with all this crap that's going on now. I guess I just feel like too much of an outcast. Like I don't really need to be around, so I try to be alone as much as I can. I still care for them a lot and wouldn't want to trade them for anything in the world, but you know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom