• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Shouldn't We Be More Worried About The Sibling-zone

We have all heard of the infamous Friend-zone. The social abyss that girls and boys get thrown into when they have confessed their love for someone and get rejected because their love wants them to be "just friends." But I think there's pit of despair that the "rejects" are being thrown into: The Sibling-zone. It's the same as the Friend-Zone, only your crush tells you that you're "like a sister/brother to them. " The Sibling-Zone sucks so much whenever you do try to push your crush into going out with you, they'll bring up the fact that you're a sibling to them and it'd practically be incest if you go out with them. Unlike the Friend-zone it is morbidly difficult if not impossible to escape This can be particularly bad if your crush is the same ethnicity as you.In my opinion I would much rather be put in the Friend-zone than the Sibling-zone. So for anybody has been put in the Friend-zone just remember:you can still get out. As for anyone who in the Sibling-zone, good luck.

I am guilty of friend-zoning and sibling-zoning, unfortunately. In my experience, the mythical "sibling-zone" is often a mutual thing. Sometimes you're friends with someone for so long that any romantic connection with them just seems odd. Girls who say you're "like a sibling" when you haven't known them that long are just looking for a better, more definite way to friend-zone you permanently, sorry to say.

The thing about someone telling you that they "just want to be friends" or that they "don't want to ruin your friendship" is that the girl is either a) not attracted to you or b) finds you unappealing as a mate in terms of personality. Honestly, if someone friend-zones you for these reasons and then suddenly decides they want to be with you, I'd be suspicious of an ulterior motive.

This does not apply to everyone, of course. But in general, if a girl tells you she just wants to be friends, let her go. In all likelihood, it probably isn't going to happen. :(

bkelly458

Just Some Dude
I agree with sibling-zone being usually being a mutual thing.

Now with that said, back in high school I was with some friends all weekend, and I met this one pretty cute girl through a mutual friend. After we hung out with her and her friends for a while, she told me I reminded her of her brother. "Darn," I thought, but oh well.

The next night, I overheard she liked me. "That's doesn't make sense," I thought. But then things got even weirder when I saw one of her friends scold her and then give her a heart-to-heart talk on why it was wrong she liking me BECAUSE I looked like her brother... Weirdest. Thing. Ever. Glad I never saw her again....

Long story short, kids: You DON'T want to date anyone that says they remind you of someone in their family. If you remind them of a blood relative and they still find you attractive, that's an instant red flag of bigger issues, imo.

Long story short, kids: You DON'T want to date anyone that says they remind you of someone in their family. If you remind them of a blood relative and they still find you attractive, that's an instant red flag of bigger issues, imo.

Only if they remind you physically of a blood relative. Personality traits you admire in your family can be a good thing in partners. :)

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I understand. I, myself, am all too familiar with the dreaded friend zone. I am also familiar with the sibling zone. I understand the sadness and heartache of both.

I am currently in my crush's friend zone. She's known I like her for a long time now, but I didn't officially confess my love until a few days ago. She was happy I did, but still wanted to remain friends. So I'm still stuck in her friend zone. Although, it's a little more lenient than most. (she's always up for a hug, she lets me call her "My Love")

Even though there's probably no chance she'll ever date me, at the very least I'm happy we're still friends. She told me my feelings for her won't change anything; we'll still be close friends. And I can live with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom