• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Shouldn't Nintendo Release Its 3DS Capture Hardware?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
So, many people like myself love doing walkthroughs of games, whether it be for fun or to make money or whatever. Over the years, we've been able to record runs of games with TV-like quality, via the Dazzle or the Hauppauge HD PVR. But, those are only available if your system has HDMI/RCA/Component ports! What about if it doesn't? Well, we're forced to use meager cameras and do heavy editing, as is the case with the Nintendo 3DS.

Nintendo, on the other hand, can get TV-like quality out of the 3DS through the use of specialized capture hardware, which they greedily keep to themselves.

My question is, shouldn't Nintendo release its hardware? This would boost sales and of course promote the 3DS further with pretty videos.

[video=youtube;lkd124ywuXY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkd124ywuXY[/video] Where the hell did he get that quality from?

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
While giving the capture system Nintendo currently has, it is unlikely they will as it is a bad business move. This is exclusive for them, and them giving it off will give competitors an idea of what their system is like and make something better/easier. Instead, Nintendo should create a new system, therefore keeping the true quality and integrity of the current Professional model, while allowing customers access to captures. When a competitor makes a similar device, release a new model a year or so later. Continue the process.

Brodogs

Competitive TF2 Medic
As TheMasterSword said, even if they had to release something subpar in comparison to their current system I would love Nintendo if they released the hardware needed for video capture. I would certainly use it :3

Dan

I imagine they will hopefully down the systems line. I see you want to make some let's plays on the system Van ol bean. ;)
I can understand why they don't want to right now.

Siniru

Zoldyck family assassin
Your Imagination... Is life real?! Am I real?!
To be frank, I have always wanted to do Let's Plays, but I do not have the correct electronic software. Stepping into the shoes of both the customers and Nintendo, I have some reasons on why to or why not to. Sure, the customers will enjoy making Let's Plays, however if something like that would get released it will be hell a hassle as Nintendo would refer only those who do not do 100%. Reason? Well money obviously.

If Nintendo, by hand, does release a special capture card that will be the same as saying "We don't need money. Just grab games off the shelves."
I mean, if someone makes an 100% Let's Play then the sales would go down as everyone would refer to experience the story by Let's Plays instead of wasting money on something that would be free.

In conclusion, it is balanced on a scale. The public really want it released, however Nintendo is the opposite story, so they are both balanced. So the chances of it being released is 50 50

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I mean, if someone makes an 100% Let's Play then the sales would go down as everyone would refer to experience the story by Let's Plays instead of wasting money on something that would be free.
I'm sorry, Sini, but I have to point this out. I see exactly what you're saying and I would agree, albeit only initially.

After being immersed in many a fanbase, I can tell, at least from the good deal of known ONLINE fans, that an overwhelming majority of people across the world buy games for their gameplay, not the story. Trust me on this one; if most people bought games for stories, games definitely wouldn't be selling in this day and age due to the fact that so many video hosting sites (YouTube, Vimeo, etc etc etc) and even file hosting sites (Mediafire, Megaupload though it is KOed, etc) have access [early access, mind you, sometimes even a week before the official launch] to any and all games your heart may desire (sans a few rarities).

Now, I'm not going to lie and say that people do not use LPs or direct feed videos to judge their own opinion on whether the game will be good or not. I myself have done that before, with Call of Duty MW3, but that's besides the point. In the end, a greater deal of people will buy the game regardless of seeing the final boss battle or whatever, because they want to experience it themselves.

Trust me on this one -- whenever new games release, I'm always following the earliest release up until its actual release (typically the Japanese side of things). We have translators that semi-accurately translate the story, and TONS of people are in that scene so if we all wanted the game for the story, games would be a dead medium. Probably by 2006 or so! =)

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
I think they should release a 3ds capture card or what ever it would be called I think maybe more people would buy 3ds games and if they already haven't a 3ds system just for the sake of recording games and I also think there sales would boost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom