• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Should Zelda U Be More Like Skyrim?

Deeds

no text
I disagree, TP's art style didn't look real, it was just regular anime art style. Realistic art styles can be seen in Skyrim, Crysis, Far Cry etc. Just look at the textures of the human faces & environment and you'll see a difference between TP and Skyrim art style wise. TP just felt like I was playing an anime, even in the HD demo for the Wii U the TP art style didn't look realistic to me.
High definition would change that. I guess it comes down to personal opinion?

Zorth

#Scoundrel

I really don't think so, as I said I've already seen the demo with TP art style in HD and it looks the same to me. I also don't think this comes down to personal opinion, I can't call an anime TV show realistic in terms of visuals can I? :P
Just like I shouldn't say that TP is realistic, just look at your own signature with Link in it, If I had no clue that was Link I'd guess it was some random anime character. ;)

Yes, but what if the game was completed fully, what if it satisfied your needs and then added free DLC, which would add more skills or maybe even another dungeon. It creates replay value, that Zelda normally misses out on.

Zelda does have replay value so it's not missing out on anything. Like I said earlier, there are loads of things you can do after you finish the story. Twilight Princess had loads of post game activities you could be getting on with like Heart piece hunting, Poe hunting, The cave of ordeals challenge, searching for the Golden bugs and alot more which is quite time consuming.

What I'm basically saying is Nintendo doesn't need to make DLC in order to make replay value and if they are gonna include an extra dungeon or skills, why can't they just add it in the final product, which gets unlocked after you complete the story? That way it will be accessible to everyone who purchases the game from the start and it won't make people feel that they are missing out. This is why Nintendo are very careful when it comes to DLC, Yeah New Super Mario Bros. 2 has DLC but it's part of a completely different mode which doesn't add on to the main game and it doesn't add much overall. This is the sort of DLC that I think is OK and which Nintendo should stick to.

Last edited:

Deeds

no text
Zelda does have replay value so it's not missing out on anything. Like I said earlier, there are loads of things you can do after you finish the story. Twilight Princess had loads of post game activities you could be getting on with like Heart piece hunting, Poe hunting, The cave of ordeals challenge, searching for the Golden bugs and alot more which is quite time consuming.

What I'm basically saying is Nintendo doesn't need to make DLC in order to make replay value and if they are gonna include an extra dungeon or skills, why can't they just add it in the final product, which gets unlocked after you complete the story? That way it will be accessible to everyone who purchases the game from the start and it won't make people feel that they are missing out. This is why Nintendo are very careful when it comes to DLC, Yeah New Super Mario Bros. 2 has DLC but it's part of a completely different mode which doesn't add on to the main game and it doesn't add much overall. This is the sort of DLC that I think is OK and which Nintendo should stick to.

Excuse me for going off topic, but what exactly is contained within the New Super Mario U DLC?

I can see your points, admittedly - they're valid and I agree with you on some notes. I guess it's just my opinion, in terms of wanting free DLC.

I've never really understood the fan's (and sometimes Nintendo's) desire to change certain series. Super Paper Mario and Paper Mario Sticker Star come to mind. If they wanted to implement these drastically different ideas, why not make a new series instead of changing an old series? The same could be said for Zelda.

Name recognition would be my guess.

Excuse me for going off topic, but what exactly is contained within the New Super Mario U DLC?

I don't know because DLC hasn't been announced for New Super Mario Bros U, it's been confirmed but that's all we know at the moment. New Super Mario Bros 2 on the other hand includes just a couple of bonus stages for coin rush, that's it.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I've never really understood the fan's (and sometimes Nintendo's) desire to change certain series. Super Paper Mario and Paper Mario Sticker Star come to mind. If they wanted to implement these drastically different ideas, why not make a new series instead of changing an old series? The same could be said for Zelda.

This is where spin-offs come into play. I would never want to see a main-series Zelda game veer from its core formula, but if it were to be a spin-off, I wouldn't mind at all. Go crazy with those for all I care. It's the same reason I don't care that Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is an action-oriented game.

And speaking of making a new series, you totally reminded me of Devil May Cry.

As for Zelda being more like Skyrim, just no. You may love a game, but that isn't enough reason to have It's elements on Zelda. Most of the times, you can't just have 1 element and make It look natural, you'll need a lot more and before you notice, Zelda isn't the unique series you used to like. People tend to complain about how games aren't as good as they used to be, thats partially true. One game starts copying elements of a more successful game and every new gen they get even more similar. Heck, you can easily compare recent Resident Evil titles to BF or CoD while older titles were completely different, they could as well just give the series a new name and end It. I like Nintendo for It's conservative attitude, let's not ruin that. Fix Zelda flaws by an specific solution to keep the game unique, not by copying another games elements.

It doesn't come down to personal opinion, Twilight Princess IS VERY FAR FROM REALISTIC, High Definition wouldn't change that. Belive It or not, It's VERY cartoonish, just look at those yetis. Zelda will never get to see true realistic graphics. Nintendo just isn't ******** enough to sacrifice the gameplay and the series current design for realistric graphics, It's just not worth It. Most people who want Uncharted 3 kind of realistic graphics to the series have no idea of the impact that would cause.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Jeez, I keep hearing people say things about how you should just play Skyrim if you like Skyrim and Zelda for Zelda. Maybe I want Zelda's flaws (in my opinion) fixed by throwing in some Elder Scrolls.I'm not calling Skyrim flawless though.

Flaws don't necessarily get fixed just by throwing in some features from another series. Flaws can actually be created by doing that sort of thing. Look at Darksiders. Good game, but quite often a clumsy copy/paste mixture of Zelda and God of War. Why? Many of the ideas lacked proper execution and flow. The same could easily happen to Zelda by just carelessly tossing in some features from Skyrim.

Speaking of which... what exact features would you like to see? Most features I see people suggest are relatively lackluster and/or unpolished.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
Speaking of which... what exact features would you like to see? Most features I see people suggest are relatively lackluster and/or unpolished.

I wouldn't want any new features, just improvements of the current ones we have, which would be; a bigger & more open world, little less linear gameplay and much more side content.

I wouldn't want any new features, just improvements of the current ones we have, which would be; a bigger & more open world, little less linear gameplay and much more side content.
He was talking to the topic creator and I believe he was asking which Skyrim elements he would want on Zelda.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
If you want those things, all you have to ask for is the return of elements from Zelda's past.

Yea, should've compared with classic titles instead of Skyrim. I just thought it was more fitting since Skyrim is a newer game and looks like ZU does in my fantasy. :embarrassed:

He was talking to the topic creator and I believe he was asking which Skyrim elements he would want on Zelda.

If he only wanted the OP's response he would've sent a PM and all of the improvements that I mentioned can be seen in Skyrim. :silent:

Flaws don't necessarily get fixed just by throwing in some features from another series. Flaws can actually be created by doing that sort of thing. Look at Darksiders. Good game, but quite often a clumsy copy/paste mixture of Zelda and God of War. Why? Many of the ideas lacked proper execution and flow. The same could easily happen to Zelda by just carelessly tossing in some features from Skyrim.

The ones I want particularly are the ones that I put... In the first post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom