• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Zelda Switch re-use the coloured enemy tiers of Botw?

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
No. On top of that, I'd like to remove the heavy stat-based weapons. I don't mind a power up or two during the course of the adventure, but the players abilities should determine the outcome of the fight and nothing else.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Well they can use coloured enemies but like DarkestLink said they should do away with heavy stat based weapons allowing anyone to kill high level enemies if they have the right weapon for it. The character should only get stronger as they progress through the story allowing them to take on things which were previously not possible to defeat.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
No, the color enemy tiers was just a lazy way of creating harder enemies without actually making harder enemies. Going into a camp with three different kind of Bokoblins doesn't make it a fun diverse fight where some are harder. An enemy shouldn't just be harder because they can hit you harder and have more health. This method of difficulty enhancement was especially annoying later on when you knew HOW to fight these enemies. Fighting wasn't the difficulty, they just became tedious.

Also just enhancing enemy health really limited any sort of creative approaches you could have in a fight. No matter what you do, the fun ways you used to kill enemies early in the game wouldn't work later on. A fight against a golden enemy would always come to just whacking away at their health and wasting your entire inventory.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Oh god to the no, give us more variety of enemies, hell even give us tribes of bokoblins instead of craptastic gold and silver ones, there was never really any difficulty increase they just amped the damage and health.

Well they can use coloured enemies but like DarkestLink said they should do away with heavy stat based weapons allowing anyone to kill high level enemies if they have the right weapon for it. The character should only get stronger as they progress through the story allowing them to take on things which were previously not possible to defeat.
I actually kinda hate this idea. One thing I liked about Breath of the Wild was how it was the player getting better at everything. Better weapons played a role in helping you do better, and to an extent there are certain enemies that you literally won't be able to kill without enough decent weapons that will get enough damage through before everything breaks, but becoming more skilled feels like its own form of progression.

Also, we've been pallet swapping enemies since there were enemies to pallet swap.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Ummm there were different colours in TP that signified different types but there were in botw??

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I actually kinda hate this idea. One thing I liked about Breath of the Wild was how it was the player getting better at everything. Better weapons played a role in helping you do better, and to an extent there are certain enemies that you literally won't be able to kill without enough decent weapons that will get enough damage through before everything breaks, but becoming more skilled feels like its own form of progression.

Also, we've been pallet swapping enemies since there were enemies to pallet swap.

We've always had pallet swaps, most notably in the 2d games with red n blue lynels but i think we shouldn't have anymore palletswaps those lynels were never all that tough they just got extra life and more damage and the same happened with all the foes in BOTW.

Now if we'd had armored foes such as we had with lizalfos in SS and in TP that would've been far better because all i feel is they get bigger n dumber with the advancement in pallets, when they should really be more intelligent due to the fact they've "evolved" i get gold foes were lightning struck silvers but still we see bokoblins can make their own weapons as can lizals and lynels can, so why no armor? Could be like the Darknuts where you have to cut it away to kill them. We even had armor cape'd ones at one point.

Ummm there were different colours in TP that signified different types but there were in botw??

BOTW ones just don't seem like they improve in rank, they are just basic attackers even when they are gold ranked, i would've thought gold Bokoblins would pick up any bombs you throw at them and then lob them back, they just aren't intelligent. TP suffered form that as well but even then the armored ones were alot tougher than the unarmored ones, they could deflect and counterattack. BOTW mobs do nothing but constantly attack.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
I'd like to see more aesthetic differences than just color swaps. I'm not entirely opposed to them, and varying colors for enemies like lizalfoes based on location was sort of a neat idea, but I'm not sure if I want it for every enemy. As mentioned above, I think it'd be cooler to see stronger variants with things such as better armor, better equipment, or maybe physical changes, like larger foes (not massive though) with higher attack and health (I think this works better with moblins or bokoblins), or slimmer enemies who could move faster and hit harder (which would work better with lizalfoe like enemies). We've already seen a version of this with varying armors and weaponry in Wind Waker with their various dark nuts, so it's not like Nintendo has no experience with this, but I think it could be expanded upon.

There's a lot they could do with it, but overall, I'm not super crazy about color swaps. I think the one time I was down for it was in Majora's Mask or Ocarina of Time where Iron Knuckles would have different colored armors. Not sure if armor color effected their stats, but it did make them feel a little more individual.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I would like to see a return of this concept just cause it's just so nice and simple, but other people bring up a good point. Simply making enemies stronger and more health, while a nice simple way to increase difficulty, is nothing but lazy and boring. People want to find new ways to tackle enemies beyond just chipping away at their health. The weapon durability also plays into this frustration particularly with the higher enemies. It's not fun to fight them and is better to avoid the fight as you may just end up wasting your entire inventory on one enemy.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~

They player doesn't get better though. Not more skillful or anything like that. They just get better weapons just so they can one hit kill high HP enemies. This takes absolutely no skill at all. And is so unrewarding to me.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
They player doesn't get better though. Not more skillful or anything like that. They just get better weapons just so they can one hit kill high HP enemies. This takes absolutely no skill at all. And is so unrewarding to me.
So over the course of BotW a player doesn't become more skilled in say aiming their bow, or dodging attacks, or shield bashing?
Unless I'm misunderstanding, this seems like an absurd notion

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
So over the course of BotW a player doesn't become more skilled in say aiming their bow, or dodging attacks, or shield bashing?
Unless I'm misunderstanding, this seems like an absurd notion

Once you get used to the controls that's pretty much it. Shooting a bow isn't hard nor is attacking or dodging. Enemies do not get progressively faster and it is more about what weapon you have than your skill at fighting. There are very few types of enemy so you quickly learn what to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom