• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Zelda Switch go for the most dungeons record?

BotW may have had 120+ Shrines but I'd hesitate to call then dungeons, their themes and designs are largely all the same and none of them had boss battles.

A Link to the Past holds the most dungeon count for any Zelda 2D or otherwise, but we're playing with bigger worlds now...

Zelda Switch will likely be bigger (and hopefully more interesting) than BotW so would you like Aonuma and the team to put a focus on proper dungeons and have Zelda Switch go for the record, puzzles, bosses and all?

How many dungeons would you want?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
9 like TP is a good amount if they are quality dungeons. Plenty of overworld bosses and a few minidungeons too wouldn't go amiss either. Variety in the themes of the dungeons would be most welcome also as all the divine beasts and shrines all had the same look about them.

the most ever is not necessary, a decent number of dungeons like at 8 or 9 or 10 (there may always be more of course), but that they are of a considerable size, certainly also that they may be different from each other unlike in BotW where they all exactly played the same and looked the same

They shouldn't go for any record, at least as the sole reason for having so many. If they are going to have that many (whatever the record number is), then it should be relevant and fluid to game.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
After BOTW, I think it would be better to focus on quality over quantity...once they have their footing again, they can focus on numbers and cut back on redundant areas like the overworld to meet these goals.

I wouldn't want them to strive on a record or make it too long. Twilight Princess had a perfect amount - not too much, not too little. Also, Majora's Mask only had 4 dungeons and that game is a masterpiece. Quality before quantity.

BotW may have had 120+ Shrines but I'd hesitate to call then dungeons, their themes and designs are largely all the same and none of them had boss battles.

A Link to the Past holds the most dungeon count for any Zelda 2D or otherwise, but we're playing with bigger worlds now...

Zelda Switch will likely be bigger (and hopefully more interesting) than BotW so would you like Aonuma and the team to put a focus on proper dungeons and have Zelda Switch go for the record, puzzles, bosses and all?

How many dungeons would you want?

Actually TLoZ has that honor. 18 distinct dungeons across two quests.

I don't care about the quantity of the dungeons for the next new dungeons, as much as I do the quality personally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom