• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Zelda Stay Medieval?

Should Zelda stay Medieval?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I am one of the few who thinks that a more steam punk-like Zelda would be awesome.
Pretty much anything that isn't too futuristic is easily implemented in Zelda, imo.
Unless they start adding cars, fire arms and et cetera, I don't think that technologically improving the Zelda world is a bad thing.
Innovation is always welcome, as long as it is not excessive

As much as i'd like Zleda to stay medieval, I highly doubt that's going to be how it is. Over the last couple of Zelda games, it haslsowly been modernizing, so I think thay will not go back medieval. I wonder though..... if it was os modernized it was almost our sort of time, the present, what would they do then??

As much as i'd like Zleda to stay medieval, I highly doubt that's going to be how it is. Over the last couple of Zelda games, it haslsowly been modernizing, so I think thay will not go back medieval. I wonder though..... if it was os modernized it was almost our sort of time, the present, what would they do then??
I really don't see them completely modernizing Zelda. It would just utterly betray the style and feel of the series, IMO.

Though I do see them introducing some more technology, such as steampunk elements.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
we all always talk about wanting to see something new and fresh. thats the reason why they are going into this steampunk era. we have been asking for something new, they have wanted to give us something new and now we are getting something new and people are questioning it. i have not played a bad zelda game yet. the medieval games are the ones we grew up with but that doesnt mean that we cant learn to love something different. each zelda seems to be a remake of past zeldas with just a different story. im not complaining im just saying that they arent fresh. WW, PH, MC, FSA completely changed what we think of zelda. WW had the new graphics that people were so skeptical of and it ended up being amazing. PH continued the fashion while incorporating a similar thing as LA. MC mixed up toon and old school graphics while adding a new element to the series, shrinking. and FSA allowed us to play an entire adventure with four links as one while making it feel as familiar as ALTTP. every time nintendo has given us something new, weve loved it. yeah, i want them to stick with the medieval games a little bit, but dont make every game like that. maybe for every 3 games they make, make one "familiar" game and 2 "different" games. i, for one, have no problem with them straying away from the medieval era a little bit.

Megamannt125

Blue Link
I thought i'd say this.
So far, I think the reason recent games are modern is their position on the timeline, let's say TP is at the very end of the child timeline and WW, PH, and ST are at the end of the adult one, now if these 4 games take 100 or more years after OOT, wouldn't that give technology time to develop?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I thought i'd say this.
So far, I think the reason recent games are modern is their position on the timeline, let's say TP is at the very end of the child timeline and WW, PH, and ST are at the end of the adult one, now if these 4 games take 100 or more years after OOT, wouldn't that give technology time to develop?

what about the games that take place after PH on the timeline like LoZ and AoL which are strictly medieval with no technology beyond what a normal medieval land would have? its just the direction the games are going. they need new ideas and introducing technology is a new idea.

Megamannt125

Blue Link
what about the games that take place after PH on the timeline like LoZ and AoL which are strictly medieval with no technology beyond what a normal medieval land would have? its just the direction the games are going. they need new ideas and introducing technology is a new idea.

But are you certain those 2 occur after PH?
Plus I said "let's say"

Shnappy

derp
The only reason I think Zelda should stay medieval is because that's what we are used do. If Zelda was futuristic from the beginning, we would think that it would be a really stupid idea to make it medieval. So overall I think that Zelda should stay medieval because it would be a dramatic change after the 13 Zelda games we have already gone through.

Chris

It has been awhile...
Of course Zelda should stay medieval! I have seen that the newer Zelda games have become more and more futuristic and I hate it. I want Zelda to stay in the timezone of OoT where there is magic and lots of medieval stuff like castles and Darknuts (Which resemble Knights). So yes, Zelda should stay futuristic.

A

AeroCanyon

Yes

:fairy::fairy::stalfos::triforce::mastersword:I say HECK yes unless Link somehow pierces the fabric of time

I don't know if I can have an opinion on this. I have not played a Zelda game that isn't medieval. But I can say that the medieval is growing somewhat tiresome, and I like Wind Waker for not being it.

M

Majora Mistress

Hey, where would we be without a little change. But if Link turns into an FPS space game I am going to hurt someone.

LinkAlmighty

Waker of the Winds
To me a change would be nice, now and then everything needs some change. As long as it's not too drastic of a change like Star Wars meets Zelda and creates Zelda Wars, I wouldn't really mind.
^ That is one scary idea...Link Skywalker...and Ganondorf is Link's father! 0_o

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom