• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Zelda Songs Have Lyrics?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Others have brought it up, but let's recall that Zelda sang the latest LoZ game, Skyward Sword.

[video=youtube;nscxtnwu11E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nscxtnwu11E[/video]

However, she only sang in Japanese, which obviously most of us couldn't understand. I liked how it sounded on its own and thought it fit that certain scene quite well. The problem I foresee with this is making it sound Zelda-ish all the way through. I'd honestly be fine with Japanese lyrics/vocals, but English would fit the atmosphere better for me if they used it throughout a game.

Another issue, of course, would be the lyrics. Players who prefer the adventuresome tracks of Zelda won't be for it, unless the words helped to maintain that adventuresome feel. The lyrics might sound cheesy in many gaming instances. Now, the video below is a sample about what I'm discussing. In my opinion, it'd need to be sharpened up to be used in-game (not suggesting it's bad; it's quite marvelous, actually), but I could see something like this style.

[video=youtube;LGXIY8FgWSI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FjZ4Djghkw&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_757692[/video]

i think there should be an option in the game for those of you want it you click VOICE and if not then no. Simple

CCG <3 Zelda

CrazyControllerGuy
I'm not necessarily against the idea, but I don't see why Zelda songs need lyrics, or how they would be incorporated

If they could pull it off, though, it would be interesting

LavaAnon

The Forever Gamer
I wouldn't really mind this but I would prefer if they didn't have lyrics because Zelda has never had something like that before.

I don't think they should give lyrics to the classic songs, but in the future with new songs might be interesting to see. I liked Zelda singing in SS, so it could be good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom