• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Zelda have Voice Actors?

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I don't think the name would come up as a problem... they could make Link be named Link, for once... People had the same fears about metroid getting voice actors, but it turned out pretty cool... i think the same would apply to Zelda

N

Nightphoenix

I think we all have to agree that Link would never be given a voice. It would just ruin everything we ever knew. Personally, I would let them use VAs, to a point. Reserve it only for the major cutscenes, and for the rest of the game, leave it text.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
I foun dont in a magazine that they don't make link talk so you can experience whats happening and I just think it's better that link doesn't talk

Claire

The Geekette
I foun dont in a magazine that they don't make link talk so you can experience whats happening and I just think it's better that link doesn't talk

I think the real benefit of not having Link speak, is because it helps improve your imagination - because you can imagine or come up with what you think Link is actually saying. That would also be something that would effect if Nintendo were to create alternate endings, or alternate story lines within the game. If Link spoke or made certain decisions that we were 100% aware of, it would make us unable to make a choice for ourselves.

Amelie

Air Dancer
I think everyone else can talk. But not Link. There are lots of games where the other characters talk but the person you play never does ^^

D

Dark Link '98

It depends on who the voice actor is for.Traditionally,Link is the silent hero, but I guess if the situation called for it, he could speak in a different language,or even sing. (My story allows him to do just that) He could also speak if it's a sitch where he has to input information, or if he's just pissed as hell at another character and feels the need to tell them so. I iz scared at angry Link.

Kazumi

chagy
No, no. No. No. No. No. No. NEVER EVER EVER ANYWHERE ON THE FACE OF THIS FAIR LAND!!!!!! Zelda should never ever have voice actors. I just think its a bad idea.

I would like to see how a Zelda game with VAs would work out, but there are all the risks involved of getting competent actors and it's not really necessary. Even when voice acting in video games became commonplace, Zelda has remained silent and has still been a highly respected and successful series.

I personally wouldn't care either way. As long as they use professionally trained VAs, then I don't see a problem with spoken dialogue. The whole naming issue with Link does not concern me because I name him Link anyway. :)

But we can all agree that we don't want another
um_70576_45_113.jpg

"I can't wait to bomb some Dodongos!"

:lol:

Amelie

Air Dancer
I think we should let the other characters talk and keep Link silent. Simple as that ^^

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
I don't think Zelda should have voice actors, I've come to like the good old HYAAA, YAAH!! sounds that Link makes. No voices, but loud screeches are good for me :)

A

Andreas

Agree, I´m also tired of reading boxes. However, If they got the very right actor I believe that Link speaking could work too.

Chris

It has been awhile...
I would love to have Zelda Voice actors!!! This would save so much time reading the dumb text that appears at the bottom. Also, you would get to hear the expression in their voice which gives you a better understanding of what is happining and their mood. I have always wanted to hear the voices of characters like the Kokiri and the Zora's.

I would love to have Zelda Voice actors!!! This would save so much time reading the dumb text that appears at the bottom. Also, you would get to hear the expression in their voice which gives you a better understanding of what is happining and their mood. I have always wanted to hear the voices of characters like the Kokiri and the Zora's.

Here's the thing. In most games, in most scenes with voice acting, you can't skip the scene. It get's annoying really quick when you're re-playing a game and you have to watch all those long cut scenes that you've already seen. But with text, you can just press A rapidly and it'll be over fairly quick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom