• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should You Buy an HD Collection for Just One Game?

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
Okay so I want to play Metal Gear Solid 2. I have a PS2 and an Xbox 360. There is a slight chance I might play Metal Gear Solid 3 but if I do it won't be for a long time, and I have no intention to really ever play Peace Walker. My question is, should I buy the original or the HD Collection if I only want one game?

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
First: why wouldn't you ever want to play Peace Walker? It's easily the best Metal Gear Solid title, as it features the list ******** of any game in the series.

To answer the thread: it would depend on the game. It's the same reason I would buy a remake. If the collection includes a game I've never played before, I would pick it up for that game. It's the reason I purchased Metal Gear Solid 3D, despite it being a remake of a Playstation 2 game. But would I buy an HD collection to purchase a game I already own? No way. The prettied up graphics aren't enough to make me pony out that dough once, let alone twice.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
You still got a PS2? Then get a cheap copy of Metal Gear Solid 2 for that. Get Subsistence (or whatever it was called) for the original Xbox if you have one of those. HD Collections do nothing more than bump up resolutions and the effect is basically indistinguishable from the original in almost every case. The cost of a brand new full price game isn't worth it when you won't play more than half of the content. If you just want MGS2 then I personally would suggest just finding a cheap copy of the original game itself since that's all you're interested in.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Like C said, if you're looking solely for one game then just grab the original on the SD console you're purchasing for. Unless it's a real remake - like Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ~ Kingdom Hearts Final Mix - you ought to go for the cheapest route available.

However, I personally have ordered a copy of Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD ReMIX and I'm only getting it for KH1FM though it hosts Re:CoM full game, and 358/2 Days in cutscene format. It'd be silly of me to do so; I already have KH1FM for my PC which plays at 100% speed around 99% of the time. However, I do get personal joy from owning the latest addition of a game. It's a quality of a consumer that the big business people know to take advantage of. If you're worried about playing an outdated version of a game, then yes, shoot for the HD collection. If you don't care for the "latest version", go out and order that PS2 version! It's SO MUCH CHEAPER than the HD recollection.

Kirino

Tatakae
Why on Earth wouldn't you want to play MGS3? It's an absolutely amazing game, and Peace Walker is good, too. But if you really just want to play MGS2, try to find a used copy somewhere. If you can't, then just buy the HD Collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom