• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should You Be Able to Re-fight Bosses in Ss

i think the idea of fighting bosses over is a good one anyone agree as in majora's mask were you could step into the light then go to boss' lair and fight again

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
It only worked in MM because you went back in time to before you killed the boss. But yeah, I definitely want this again. Nintendo could make it work. I was thinking it could be pulled off like a minigame in MC; there's a minigame in Castle Town where Link goes to sleep and has nightmares about monsters (it's pretty similar to the "take 'em all" minigame in ST). But of course he would be dreaming about the bosses he defeated instead.

Well, it worked in ST with that minigame where you had to fight all the bosses in a row, even dark Link at the very end.
I really want it as long as they give us some great bosses to fight. :)

Beeker

Wild Card
I'd like to see this, as long as we'd have a reason to do so. With MM, you constantly have to go back in time, so if you had to beat a dungeon to unlock an event(Spring for example), all you had to do was beat the boss again.
The Take 'Em All minigame was composed of fighting monsters and the bosses. I liked this minigame and played it quite a lot. It would be a nice little addition to SS.
Another idea I had: What if replaying bosses was like in the Wind Waker where you had to fight the main bosses again in the final dungeon? That too could be an interesting way to do it(I actually liked how they did it in WW).
Of course, what's the point of this if there are no good boss battles to fight? If they do have really good boss battles, I'd love to play them again in a minigame for some great reward.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
What I've always wanted to see is an option, maybe on the main start up menu, that allows you to go and fight any boss you've already beaten in one of your save files. Actually, I've always wanted an option to replay the entire dungeon as well, since there are several dungeons in many of the games that I loved going through, but I don't like having to create a new save file just to replay that one dungeon really late in the game that I loved to death. MM had all that, but as part of the gameplay mechanism. I'd love to see a replay dungeons and replay bosses option for all games as an extra feature.

Yeah, I'd like a chapter option, where you pick an area in the game and play through it if you're craving it, be it a dungeon or boss or minigame. Of course you have to get to those places in your main story first to unlock them.

Ikana

Trollkastel
I don't really see the reason to not have that option.Like Xinn said I would like to have that option in the main menu to be able to replay the dungeon or to replay the boss.I wouldn't mind if they did something similar to what they did with ST hopefully Nintendo adds the option for you to be able to play the boss over and over again.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
Depending on what the bosses are like, I'd like to have the option to choose if I'd like to fight a certain boss again. I think it would be fun and something kind of new. I agree with Xinnamin. I wouldn't want to have to start a new game to just fight a boss that I enjoy. I think an option of choice would be a benefit to players and a big time-saver.

That would be fun. One of the reasons I liked Majora's Mask and Spirit Tracks was because of it. Majora's Mask had it since you had to go back in time multiple times and Spirit Tracks's "Take 'em All On" mini-game was a great addition to that game.

Xinnamin said:
Actually, I've always wanted an option to replay the entire dungeon as well, since there are several dungeons in many of the games that I loved going through, but I don't like having to create a new save file just to replay that one dungeon really late in the game that I loved to death.
So, pretty much a Time Attack option. That too could work in the game. there are plenty of dungeons that I would like to replay in some other games. However I lack the patience to start a new file and replay through the game just to get to said dungeon, so a Time Attack option would work in this case. It'll also allow you to see how fast you can manage to complete one of the dungeons without dying.

A Boss Attack option would also work. It would be fun to battle just the bosses one after another in the game, and trying to see how fast one can beat them all, without dying, of course.

Icetomeetyou

*brofist*
I would love this. But not as a mini-game or you can put in a certain code. I would like to see it in some way what they did in Ganon's Tower in WW and OoT. We fight the bosses again to get to the last boss. I would only want a code system or a mini game if they had some really good bosses.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
The only time I saw this done in Zelda and it worked really well, was in MM because of the endless three days cycle. I also remember they did repeats of battles in ST, but it was confusing because the setting for those battles were in the temples when in fact you were supposed to be in hyrule... anyway i just didnt think it worked that well in ST even though it was a good idea for a side quest. In MM it was more seamless and unquestioned because it made total sense.

As it stands now I dont think SS will have a cycle. but bosses may reappear throughout the course of the game... imagine fighting two of those scorpion mosters from the demo at the same time later on in the game. also it could be that the evil that covers hyrule is so strong that it can respawn monsters and bosses! once you get the item and the prize from a dungeon refighting the boss is totally optional, but that would still be really cool. It's an interesting concept, and it would work well in Zelda since you can't mega level up off of bosses, you only ever get one heart container for your troubles.

Oh I just had a neat idea, what if after you beat a boss for the first time you could go back and fight it again, only it would have twice as much health (like a special EX version)! but after the second battle it would dissapear... I dunno.. there are too many possibilities, i feel like im in over my head =)

goes to refight queen gohma from OoT with the eye of truth... revealing an invisible King Gohma that was the true cause of the Great Deku Trees temporary death. lol jk im just throwing concepts out there. you know?

Kybyrian

I think re-fighting bosses is an excellent idea. I'm sure they could easily make a way to do it. There are always those boss battles that sometimes you may just want to redo just to be fighting them again.

P

PrinceofDarknes

Maybe they could do something similar to what they did in WW?

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
I completely agree. Since this game is supposed to be shorter in length than other console Zelda games, they might (and should) do what they did with MM and have a portal, or something of that sort, that transfers you right to the boss room. As long as they find a way to nicely integrate that feature, I'm all for it.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
Like others have seen to have said, there was the whole 'going back in time' thing in MM which is why it was put there in the first place. That said, I would like to have this as an option somewhere within the game. There are a lot of bosses throughout the games that I enjoy and would like to play again, but I can't without starting the game over or not saving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom