• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should We Have More Reappearing Villains?

Let's count it, shall we? We of course have Ganon.
Dark Link reappears a lot but it isn't the same character, not to mention he's either a mini-boss or just a boss. Only in one game is he a more of a central villain, Four Swords Adventures.
Then there's Vaati, who had 3 games where he's a central villain and in 2 he plots to make Zelda his bride as he takes over. Because there's a little event where he comes back to life, starts looking for love by kidnapping random pretty girls and gets sealed in the Four Sword, I would want him to return to see what happened. That and I like the idea of the villain being interested in more than wanting to take over the world.
Of course there is the Twinrova sisters, Koume and Kotake. Not counting their Terminian counterparts, they appeared in two games. Of course they're Ganon's second in command of the Gerudo in Ocarina of Time. In the Oracle games, they work with the main villains to revive Ganon.
Onox, Zant and the whole rest are one shot bad guys. Should they reappear in later games? With Onox and Veran it might be since they're from the Classic timline (I call it that and yes I want to spread that around) and Vaati, since there's potential with the part of his life we don't see between The Minish Cap and Four Sword, it's possible.
Would it be possible to have reappearing villains? Should we have reappearing villains? Personally, I think the series could stand having Vaati reappear again, or have Onox and Veran make appearances in one of the other timelines. This is the same reason why you see villains reappear in comic books, having them show up once in a while develops them more than if we had one story focused entirely on them. By having them reappear, give them a different Link to square off against or have them change their plan, like how Vaati went from solely world domination to lusting for Princess Zelda, it makes them more interesting than just a standard one shot villain.
What are your thoughts, should we have another villain, old or new, make more than one appearance, thereby giving Ganon a break and avoid uninteresting villains like Malladus?

OHAI

Jiyeon's Zombie
I definitely wanna see a TP sequel, to see what happens after the shattering of the Mirror.
And for Zant to be, not so wimpy.

Y

Yamarath

I'd like to see Kotake and Koume in more games. Besides the Oracle games, they were in Majora's Mask, but they weren't villains there.

Well now that we know that the timeline splits in three, there's really nothing to stop Nintendo from reusing old Zelda villains. I think that it would be awesome if they decided to bring Veran back.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Dark Link is a definite character who should have appeared in Skyward Sword. He'd be completely adverse to the other enemies since he could mimic each of our movements, while we had to focus really well on where his flaw was. Such a battle would emphasize on the use of the motion controls, and I think it'd be irrefutably badawesome. Hopefully Nintendo realizes this and implements it later on.

S

SirSchmoopy

The only reacurring villian in the series should be Ganon. He is more or less a staple of the franchise

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom