• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should We Allow Race Mixing Or Stick To Our Own Race?

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I don't think race should be a factor in who you do or do not have sex with. People with the least similar DNA to you are ultimately more likely to produce children with the strongest genes and minimum defects, so furthering survival of the human race. If everyone only bred with their own race we would all have like 12 toes on each foot and cross eyes with severe disability on top of that. It would basically become like incest.

What about things like sickle cell anaemia? Only people of African descent can get it. It is a gene that evolved because those who have it can't catch Malaria, but it is also extremely disadvantageous to those who have it with symptoms including chronic chest pain, stroke, infections and bone problems. Luckily it's a recessive gene. But imagine if those of African descent only ever, over the course of generations, had kids with other people of the same descent? Things like that and Huntington's Disease and so on are more and more common as it is, but luckily almost every human has a mixture of backgrounds if you look back far enough. I for one would much rather sacrifice aesthetic dissimilarities if it meant more people had a better quality of life. Oh and also if it meant there were less racist undertones in simple discussions *cough cough*

P.s. people can speak for theirselves that mixed race pairings aren't common, I know so many mixed race people. Like most of my family, for example. And 90% of my friends. what rocks are you all living under anyway? it's 2014!

Last edited:

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Yes, we should allow it. And I can't think of any real reason not to allow it.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
Personally, I am firm in my stance against race-mixing. Human beings should not be allowed to romantically and/or sexually mix with other human beings.

SAY NO TO THIS DISGUSTING PRACTICE OF RACE MIXING! ^

Last edited:

Kirino

leslie/draco
Like others have said, whatever you're attracted to is fine. For the most part, I'm attracted mainly only to whites and Asians, but if you want to go with or are attracted to someone else, obviously no one should care.

I don't think race should be a factor in who you do or do not have sex with. People with the least similar DNA to you are ultimately more likely to produce children with the strongest genes and minimum defects, so furthering survival of the human race. If everyone only bred with their own race we would all have like 12 toes on each foot and cross eyes with severe disability on top of that. It would basically become like incest.
I'm pretty certain we wouldn't at all. People have been breeding pretty much exclusively with their own race for quite a while.

The effects of incest are also drastically overstated, and the first generation only increases the odds of harmful mutations and genetic deformities by a very small and negligible amount; chances are that nothing bad will happen that wouldn't have already, and you're more likely to have genetic deformities with a 40+ year old couple doing it, really. Inbreeding for several generations, however, could definitely be genetically harmful.

But yeah, I agree with your basic premise that diversity is good, lol.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
Beauts said:
If everyone only bred with their own race we would all have like 12 toes on each foot and cross eyes with severe disability on top of that. It would basically become like incest.
Um...nope. You should realize that the genetic differences that make up what we consider "race" are astronomically minor considering the functional human genome. If it were true that breeding with one's own "race" over time would produce results similar to multi-generational sibling inbreeding for instance, then you'd have to say the exact same thing for humans in general. If generations of "white" people breed exclusively and the result is something akin to inbreeding, then the same would be true for generations of humans in general breeding exclusively with other humans in general.

People have no idea how superficial "racial" differences are.

Racial divisions are a social construct; not a meaningful biological feature. The human species cannot be biologically separated into different genetic sub-classes of homo sapien because there are no race genes or other genetic structures that indicate separateness in any kind of meaningful taxonomy of phylogenetics. The genes that code for skin color, hair color and type, facial features, and so on are completely independent of one another and are present in the human genome universally across the board, with different levels of dominance or recessiveness. Just as a ginger with red hair and freckles isn't a separate race from other "white" people, an African with deep brown skin and curly hair isn't a separate race from Asians or Mesoamericans or Europeans. In fact, "black" people on the continent of Africa are more genetically diverse from one another than they are from white people or Asians. Genetic racial divisions simply do not exist; what we call "race" is simply the result of how we aesthetically view the population mechanics of a shared gene pool in isolation. Imagine a group of thousands of gingers who go live on an island and reproduce for thousands of years. They'd still be human beings that are biologically identical to everyone else in the world "racially"; it just so happens that their population would have more of the independent genes that code for what we call "ginger features" than most everyone else.

As a result, race is purely socially constructed and based on human ignorance of the causes of physical features shared by populations. The creation of these divisions stems from the lust many people have to separate, divide, and label themselves to boost their egos and to create powerful identity groups.

The result of actual familial inbreeding is extremely exaggerated itself by the way. The human genome shows us that all humans share literally 99.9% of exact same DNA. It is one tenth of one percent that create the differences between men and women, black people and white people, fat people and skinny people, red heads and people with pattern baldness, and so on. Creating large defects through familial inbreeding is itself difficult to do; imagine how it is for non-familials. It is not an exaggeration at all to say that we are all one close family. All humans. We literally share 99.9% of DNA with one another no matter where we come from; no matter how close or far our branches on the homo sapiens sapiens family tree are.

Last edited:

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I'm 99% sure you made this up.

..and I thought Ken Ham said some crazy things.

Um...nope. You should realize that the genetic differences that make up what we consider "race" are astronomically minor considering the functional human genome. If it were true that breeding with one's own "race" over time would produce results similar to multi-generational sibling inbreeding for instance, then you'd have to say the exact same thing for humans in general. If generations of "white" people breed exclusively and the result is something akin to inbreeding, then the same would be true for generations of humans in general breeding exclusively with other humans in general.

People have no idea how superficial "racial" differences are.

Racial divisions are a social construct; not a meaningful biological feature. The human species cannot be biologically separated into different genetic sub-classes of homo sapien because there are no race genes or other genetic structures that indicate separateness in any kind of meaningful taxonomy of phylogenetics. The genes that code for skin color, hair color and type, facial features, and so on are completely independent of one another and are present in the human genome universally across the board, with different levels of dominance or recessiveness. Just as a ginger with red hair and freckles isn't a separate race from other "white" people, an African with deep brown skin and curly hair isn't a separate race from Asians or Mesoamericans or Europeans. In fact, "black" people on the continent of Africa are more genetically diverse from one another than they are from white people or Asians. Genetic racial divisions simply do not exist; what we call "race" is simply the result of how we aesthetically view the population mechanics of a shared gene pool in isolation. Imagine a group of thousands of gingers who go live on an island and reproduce for thousands of years. They'd still be human beings that are biologically identical to everyone else in the world "racially"; it just so happens that their population would have more of the independent genes that code for what we call "ginger features" than most everyone else.

As a result, race is purely socially constructed and based on human ignorance of the causes of physical features shared by populations. The creation of these divisions stems from the lust many people have to separate, divide, and label themselves to boost their egos and to create powerful identity groups.

The result of actual familial inbreeding is extremely exaggerated itself by the way. The human genome shows us that all humans share literally 99.9% of exact same DNA. It is one tenth of one percent that create the differences between men and women, black people and white people, fat people and skinny people, red heads and people with pattern baldness, and so on. Creating large defects through familial inbreeding is itself difficult to do; imagine how it is for non-familials. It is not an exaggeration at all to say that we are all one close family. All humans. We literally share 99.9% of DNA with one another no matter where we come from; no matter how close or far our branches on the homo sapiens sapiens family tree are.
Screw this. We're getting married, and you have no choice in the matter. And we're going to have whatever-ethnicity-you-are/White/Sri Lankan offspring. (Though you left out negative mutations that have a higher chance of being passed down via inbreeding.)

Half-joking aside, I am of mixed ethnicity, and I believe that members of the human race should be allowed to—and are 'meant to'—breed with other members of the human race. That is all.

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
From what I read - and personal experience, mixed children are faced with a dilemma where they are forced to choose an identity. However, we don't have an identity, we can't say we are white because we aren't, so society just writes us off as being black - which we are not as well. I looked more into the experience of mixed children and have found that they went through similar experiences such as myself. Unable to fit it in because they are unsure with to whom they should fit in with. And it doesn't help that people call us self-hating and racist when we choose that we don't want others to view us as black while at the same time, black people themselves don't even accept us and are just as rude and annoying as the white people are. Furthermore, I'm tired of society telling us what we should and shouldn't be, all it does is create more chaos. I do find studies that claim mixed children as being the most attractive and superior to be totally irrational and only serves to divide us even more.

So to answer the question of the topic, should we allow race mixing? Well it depends, if you want your child to face a multitude of social dilemma's, then by all means do what you want. I'm against it, being mixed myself. And for good reason. Mixed kids have it harder to fit in with society all because of this "identity crises" we face where we are constantly labled. It's almost (if it isn't already) even worse than the crap that black kids go through. At least they're able to identify. By the way, not only do I speak from personal experience, but also from mixed people I personally know that has went through this same thing.

Kybyrian

Repentance said:
The difference between a race of humans and a breed of dogs is huge actually. The difference between races is almost nonexistent biologically aside from a few things, while the difference between dog breeds is quite prominent.
Well there is one quite prominent difference...

tysonrrs said:
So to answer the question of the topic, should we allow race mixing? Well it depends, if you want your child to face a multitude of social dilemma's, then by all means do what you want. I'm against it, being mixed myself. And for good reason. Mixed kids have it harder to fit in with society all because of this "identity crises" we face where we are constantly labled. It's almost (if it isn't already) even worse than the crap that black kids go through. At least they're able to identify. By the way, not only do I speak from personal experience, but also from mixed people I personally know that has went through this same thing.
I understand your point although I'd slightly tweak it to say that skin color is the more important factor at work since that can be seen and evaluated without knowing anything else about a person.

That said, society has recently adopted the slogan of embracing diversity. Higher level educational institutions are using affirmative action to give people of all races a chance at a good education to get a career in the future. In the workplace, there is an increased emphasis on being at least bilingual. On a global scale, people travel overseas as corporations establish ground in foreign countries. Measures like this lead to greater understanding between people of different races as they communicate with other and spread their culture.

Being from a mixed race background provides a head start to children in effectively confronting these realities of the modern world.

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
if people just stopped caring about skin color and realized it's basically irrelevant this wouldn't even matter lmao

From what I read - and personal experience, mixed children are faced with a dilemma where they are forced to choose an identity. However, we don't have an identity, we can't say we are white because we aren't, so society just writes us off as being black - which we are not as well. I looked more into the experience of mixed children and have found that they went through similar experiences such as myself. Unable to fit it in because they are unsure with to whom they should fit in with. And it doesn't help that people call us self-hating and racist when we choose that we don't want others to view us as black while at the same time, black people themselves don't even accept us and are just as rude and annoying as the white people are. Furthermore, I'm tired of society telling us what we should and shouldn't be, all it does is create more chaos. I do find studies that claim mixed children as being the most attractive and superior to be totally irrational and only serves to divide us even more.

You've really hit the nail on the head in pointing out the woes of being mixed race. I've seen this stuff happen within my own family. My mom was basically shunned for marrying and having kids with 'a foreigner'. I can't even begin to count and recite the number of times I've been labeled 'a traitor' just because I 'can't seem to pick a side'. Being asked "What are you?" and "Why don't you have an accent?" gets annoying real fast. My older siblings used to get hell in school because of their ethnic make up. The names you're called are ridiculous: mutt, half-breed, ****ty white, etc. etc. I feel especially sorry for my second oldest brother, because his skin is darker than the rest of my siblings. Although, it's been shown that children of half-Black mixture have it the worst.

What's worst is that whole unwritten social rule—at least in the U.S.—that children of mixed race are arbitrarily whatever race that their father is. I find it to be not only sexist but racially prejudiced as well. If one is human, then one must have received 23 chromosomes from each parent, and both parents played an equal part in creating said human; there are even some things that one can only biologically inherit from one's mother. Biologically we're a mixture of BOTH our parents. And I hate it when they go Maury Povich drama mode and go "But your father planted the seed, so blah blah blah!" Okay then, so based on that logic, I could say that "my mom carried, fed, and nurtured me for nine months. And what if my father wasn't in my life at all? Who's side should I claim then?" I wish people would quit trying to ostracize mixed race children just because they don't want to accept them as part of their "pure kids club." It's like they fail to grasp the concept that ignoring or denying one side of one's biological self—or anyone else's—isn't going to make it nonexistent.

It sucks because a lot of children grow up confused, as they are conditioned from a young, fragile age to fit these norms. Humans, even myself, tend to have a difficult time grasping or accepting the concept of two seemingly opposite qualities existing in one person. As such, imagine it must be even harder for most young minds grasp being mixed race with all the crap their being bombarded with by so many different people all at once. Some parents, especially fathers, even commit to reenforcing the 'one side' rule that I mentioned above; I know my brother does. Because of what he faced growing up, he disowns his White side, and tells his kids that they're Sri Lankan, despite the fact that their mom is White. His situation is a lot like a lot of mixed race children that grow up to become confused, bitter, and develop so-called 'identity cises' due to society's BS.

In a perfect world, race wouldn't matter, but unfortunately things didn't turn out that way. Biologically, folks like you (tysonrss) and I have mixed ethnicities, but we're no less human than anyone else. But alas, socially, we have no identity. I wish that we didn't have to choose a side or neglect one side of ourselves just to give society's twisted, confused hive brain some closure: [ilquote=Society] "Yay. We like you now that you've chosen a side and you're normal like us! You're no longer confusing now"[/ilquote] It's not like we chose to be intermixed. It sucks that you're 'against' race mixing, but I can see where you're coming from.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
if people just stopped caring about skin color and realized it's basically irrelevant this wouldn't even matter lmao
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
First of all, there is no such "real" thing as race. We are all humans. Some of us have darker pigment, some of us have extra skin on our eyes, some of us are a little bit bigger, some smaller..... But there really is no such true thing as race. We humans just created such words to try to separate minute/tiny differences that don't really matter.

And because these differences that was call "race" are tiny, and insignificant, thus, it would be obvious that it is not wrong to be with/court one of different "race"....

Seriously, the only thing wrong is when you deny others their right to be with whoever the frick-frack they want. You can not control who you fall in love with.

After all, it's not like cats and dogs mix, right?
That is completely irrelevant.
Cats and Dogs are two different species. They can NEVER breed. I mean, it's biologically impossible. (unless some science says otherwise.)
WE ARE ALL HUMANS. We are the same species.
You'd have to be pretty stupid, ignorant, or just really f**king arrogant to think that any other "race" that isn't your own, isn't even human.
And I know some people actually do think that way, sadly enough.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom