• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should They Reuse the Gerudo Valley Theme, Only Orchastrated?

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I noticed a dessert locale in the GDC trailer, and I think that if it's like the home of the gerudos, they should include a higher quality version of it in SS, or if were lucky, an orchastrated version like this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYPgxgbOL3Y&feature=related

Tell me what you think below. Does SS need the massive nostalgia that this song would give? :huh:

Blazestarre

*Insert title here*
Considering the fact that SS will take place before OoT, I hope that the Gerudo themselves will make a comeback as well as the Gerudo Valley Theme. Of course, it wouldn't be the exactly the same and would have to fit with the style of the game (like the differences between the Goron City theme in OoT and the Death Mountain theme in TP). It would especially be a great return of the theme if SS is actually orchestrated.

However, in my personal opinion, that particular version of the Gerudo Valley theme Cuju posted is not my favorite interpretation. I just think the piece sounds better with a guitar playing the melody.

Hero of…. #s, I guess
The Gerudo Valley song needs to return, as do the Gerudos.

I would personally like to see one of the male Gerudos before Ganondorf, to see what they are like under benevolent leadership. I definitely want to see the way the Gerudo king would live if he wasn't plotting to take over Hyrule.

I think it would be really cool if they brought back the Gerudo Valley music, and the Gerudos in general. But I think they should re-do it, kind of like the Kakariko Village theme from TP. And 425, thats a great idea. I would LOVE to see the Gerudo king before Ganondorf. That could make for some pretty interesting plot developments. Like, say, what if that sand area shown in the GDC trailer is a Gerudo Desert field dungeon, and the Gerudo King intructs you to cleanse it? That, in my opinion, would make for a(nother) cool origin story.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Ganondorf was the Gerudo King so I'll expect to see them or at least their ancestors.

Even they don't put any form of the Gerudo in SwS it would be cool if they used an Orchestrated version of Gerudo Valley.

Yeah, the Gerudo Valley music was pretty cool. They did put a kind of a rehash of it in the Gerudo Desert in TP unless I'm mistaken, so its probably gonna make a comeback.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I would love any of the really memorable themes to return, but really I think that's for my own personal musical enjoyment than anything. I would love the heroic Hyrule Castle theme from ALttP, the Windmill Hut from OoT, even the Temple theme from AoL -- especially if all of these were to be performed by a live orchestra.

Realistically though, I would prefer them to score areas of the game with appropriate music. I know many were diappointed (including myself) to not hear that classic Gerudo theme in TP, but really when I thought about it the music included really helped define the lanscape better. I think in OoT the theme was written to reflect the Gerudo tribe, but in TP the theme was a bit more desolate to reflect the landscape that was devoid of the tribe. It also helped define it to be the location of the Arbiter's Grounds with the haunting vocals. I think the upbeat Gerudo Valley OoT mix would have taken something away from the TP Gerudo Desert.

Essentially, what I'm saying is if the scene fits the piece, then yes include it in SS or some variation thereof, but if the scene would be better suited for a different piece then I think it should be rescored instead.

There are many other songs that I rather see remaked than gerudo valley, like Kakariko village, Saria's song, song of storms etc. but if the gerudo's were to return a remake of this track would be cool

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I would love to hear a redone version of it. The original was always one of my favourite in OoT. I am uncertain, however, if they should stick to the original Spanish-sound, or go with a more desert-y sound. But, more than likely, what they did with it (if they did use it) would sound amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom