• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Should They Make the Great Fairy Good-looking in OOT3D?

dadude1200

hero of...uh... somthing.
everyone was creeped out by the great fairy. its a fact. she is a freak. the laugh, the pointy boobs and dodgy ummm... fashion choice (:embarrassed:), were among the many freakish and downright strange things about her (in my humble opinon). but heres the question. should nintendo change her and potentialy upset purists or keep her the same and carry on giving people nightmares? what do you think?

Djinn

and Tonic
I do think the design could be fixed up a little. I am not sure what they were trying to portray with this.
313px-Great_Fairy_of_Magic_%28Majora%27s_Mask%29.png

I kept wondering, does Navi look like her inside that little light ball?

But since the screenshots that have been leaked so far to show that all backgrounds and textures have been greatly improved. So they most likely did update the great fairy in some significant way. Although I think removing that eyeliner would go a long way in improving the great fairy's look. The pointyness and angular features will also likely be removed since the 3DS has a greater capability than the N64, we have already seen Link in game and he looks much less blocky than he did in the original OoT. I think the ivy clothing will still be around as I doubt Nintendo will actually make a different character sprite. It is a port not a complete remake to characters should look the same, or at least very recognizable from their original designs. I am not sure on the excessive makeup, but I personally think it needs to go. Since no other great fairy that has appeared in the series after has looked like that (MM is an exception since it used the same character models) I think Nintendo agreed. But again, they might want to keep all characters looking mostly the same since it is an update not a remake. The laugh was a bit much but I believe that will remain, I really do not see any reason why the sounds in the game would be any different in the port.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I think she'll be the same, but just a little bit improved. I mean, it doesn't matter about the design of The Great Fairy. What matters to me is that she is there with the same desgin, just slightly different. A little bit improved:) Would Navi look like a little person like the LoZ Animated series? I don't know.

In a Teaser Trailer for OoT3D, they show her at 0:03 and 0:04. I can tell they made her less pointy in the chest, but I think they're not doing any more of a change on her than what is seen below:

[video=youtube;R2wMOeK3rpE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2wMOeK3rpE[/video]

So, I guess she looks slighty better, but as Djinn said, Nintendo's goal isn't to redesign characters completely. I think the only time a character's appearance was dramatically altered in a remake was Princess Zelda in A Link to the Past on the GBA. And that was only to make her look more like she did in Ocarina of Time.

Blazestarre

*Insert title here*
Well, she does look slightly better in that clip. The pointed chest really made her unnerving.

It would really be nice if the make-up was toned down. I don't mind the ivy clothes, but the make-up just makes her creepy. Both those things combined with her...interesting poses and laugh just do not create a good image. Maybe they'll fix the laugh it's less Banshee-like.

I don't think they should make her look like a gorgeous goddess, but they do need to fix her up a bit.

If they did make her look beautiful that would sort of ruin this awesome and original fairy.

(I love the laugh she does) :)

germ1137

Lokomo Ninja
They shoud at least get rid of her creepy laugh since it made her look like an enemy. The Great Fairy in The Wind Waker seemed more kind and god-like.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I think she'll be the same, but nevertheless she'll scare me. I remember when I first saw her, I went "WOW! SHE COULD POKE AN EYE OUT WITH THOSE!!!"

L

LinksObsession

They should most definitely change the great Fairy. Not completely, just some of her features to make her more... approachable.

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
I think they should definately tone down the boobs, and make her wear at least a little more greenery. She was the first thing my mom ever saw of a Zelda game, things didn't go over well to say the least.

M

Melmo Jenkins

Hopefully not,(Maybe a little?) Hope they don't change much towards the characters looks, i already think Adult Link looks a bit weird from the screen shots I've seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom