• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should They Make a New Animated Series?

MOTLEYlink

...No your other left
"I go the fire started hehe burn BURN!" It was kind of funny but I don't think they should make another Zelda animated series. "Gosh, I wonder what Gannons up to?" ;)

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
If they ever make another cartoon series I think it should be an anime based on Akira Himekawa's manga. I don't think any kind of animated series would do very well though, The Legend of Zelda isn't as popular now as it was back in the 80s and 90s, and the series is more established now so it doesn't leave room for much creativity. And as soon as Nintendo announces one, people would immediately think of the corny 80s series or the CD-i games and hate the idea...

I'd like a new animated series though, as long as it doesn't conflict with the games' canon in any way.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Yeah, I'd also like an anime based on Akira's manga. The Ocarina of Time manga got me crying, unlike the Ocarina of Time game. Now I want to know what an anime would be like. Akira Himekawa also added some nice backstory that wasn't in the games, like the Kokiri Festival, the Watarara race, and Sheik actually fighting with that knife of hers. But, I think people would be hyped for it. I remember either April 2007, 2008, or 2009, IGN made an April's Fool Legend of Zelda movie, and that got a LOT of people hyper, moreso than the likes of Skyward Sword. The key thing to remember is not make a live-action movie/series, or else we'll get Link, and the EXCUUSE ME, PRINCESS! line about every 10 seconds. :P

P

proudestmonkey

im sure whoever would make it would mess it up. it would be directed at the wrong people. i dont think its a good idea.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
A short series based on the OoT manga would be wonderful, especially if the same art style were used.

However, my dream animated series for LoZ would be a 13 or 26-episode series (depending upon how well the story can be stretched out) based on Twilight Princess, for mature audiences (not mature-only stuff, but, you know, not "kiddie cartoons" something... sophisticated for the same "teen" audience the game was aimed for), and done in a *detailed* anime-style similar to that which was used in The Twelve Kingdoms.

Now, if you're looking for something that's a remake on the old 80s/early 90s North American cartoon, look no further than this comic. The Zelda Anime Project. I'm not entirely pleased with the style chosen for the Moblins (I like more of an animal-look for them), but for something that remakes something dorky and nostalgic for modern Zelda-fans, this is pretty nice.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Wind Waker Anime. How awesome would that be? Seriously, how awesome would that be? So awesome it'd make Chuck Norris feel ashamed, that's how awesome.
Then again, Wind Waker was already a Chibi-oceanic version of Ocarina of Time. I won't complain if they DO release a TWW anime. It is better than nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom