• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U Should They Do Another Cel Shaded Game?

I think the cel shaded games should be restricted to the handhelds. You can call me biased, but I do differentiate between more adult and less adult Zelda games and handhelds are more likely to be played by children. Also, the smaller screen is less appropiate for highly textured graphics then a tv screen is.

Big Octo

=^)
I absolutely love cel-shaded graphics, mainly when paired with WWs art style. I also would like to see realistic styles in another game, hopefully much better than TP's art style.

F

Flare24

As long as it stays good I don't care which art style they use. Although I did like the Cel-shaded games. they were different then the other Zeldas before them.

S

Sadlyzombiebait

For me, the graphics don't really matter as much. It's more the overall game play and just how enjoyable the game is. I really liked Wind Waker, and certainly would play a new Zelda game even if they did do cel-shaded again. I think it would bring a lighter feel to the game. Now, if they are going for a darker feel, I don't think that the happy cartoon-y graphics would be the best choice. It really depends on the story in the game. Like, if in Twilight Princess, they tried the cel-shading again, it might not have been as dark as what they were going for.

Smoore

The Rational Theist
I think they should keep cel-shaded graphics in the Adult Timeline. Maybe the handheld games should be devoted to the Adult Timeline and build off the Wind Waker engine. I doubt Nintendo will be that predictable, though.

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
Sure, why not. I loved the graphics and I'd like to see another game that's like that. The Cel-shading is interesting, usually the plot, theme and sometimes story is very light when the graphics are that way. I enjoyed TWW, it always cheers me up. Personally, I'd like to see another cel shaded game.

Of course Nintendo should make another cell-shaded Zelda game. The Wind Waker is a greater technical marvel than Twilight Princess. Twilight Princess suffered due to trying to portray a more photorealistic world on a system that was not up to the task. Taking a more stylistic approach, The Wind Waker avoided this same fate. Nintendo made excellent use of the Gamecube's color palette with The Wind Waker and only added to the immersion of the experience by providing smooth transition between the fundamentally similar but truly different worlds to explore in the game. There was everything a Zelda fan could want smashed into that title-realms of forest, fire, water, and so much more.

No. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Wind Waker and the graphics fit the story and game PERFECTLY, however i don't think they could create a game as good as Wind Waker with the same graphics and a different story.

Beeker

Wild Card
I actually hope for a style similar to Skyward Sword. I felt the graphics of that game fit really well for what Zelda is, a fantastical adventure that isn't always dark, gritty or super realistic. It has some realism and some cel shading, a pretty happy medium. Altogether however I love cel shaded style, as it looks so vibrant and clean. If another game was done like Wind Waker was, I wouldn't complain about that one either.

KaeporaGaebora

TheOwlSage
I would perfer a Borderlands style of cel-shading. It's cartoony, but not over cartoony, like Wind Waker was. I didn't like Wind Waker's style as much as I do Skyward Sword, or Borderlands, or even No More Heroes. Zelda's shouldn't be one art style, graphic style. Each game should have their own unique style of art.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom