• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U Should They Do Another Cel Shaded Game?

I know that many people didn't really like the cel shaded graphics of Wind Waker. Personally, I think that the cel shading looked really cool. Does anybody think they should have another cel shaded game that tells a story somewhere else on the "adult timeline" (like a prequel to wind waker or maybe something between PH and ST)?

MW7

Why not, I always liked the graphics in those games. My request though is that it doesn't require a method of transport to get around. It was fine in those games but I'd like to see a cel shaded game in which you could run around the overworld and maybe ride Epona. This may be possible as a prequel to Wind Waker before the world flooded.

I'm also starting to feel like cel shading might be the best graphical style for Zelda games.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
i wouldn't mind if they did a new cell shaded game but i prefer the more realistic look, like TP had

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I personally would rather they did not, at least not like it was done in the Wind Waker. I detest the swollen heads and eyes of some of the characters(link especially). I don't dislike all cell shaded styles though. I particularly enjoyed Borderlands cell shaded art style, the people in that game still looked like people. That said. I prefer more detailed art styles such as the one featured in the E3 tech demo and also in games such as Dead Island and Gears of War. I would much rather Zelda went down that route.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I would love to see another cel-shaded Zelda game. I love the style. Wind Waker looks absolutely beautiful with cel-shaded graphics. It really pops out, and pulls you into the game's world. I recently saw the video of the Majora's Mask texture mod featured on the site's front page, and it looked really good. Skyward Sword was cel-shaded too, wasn't it? I absolutely love Skyward Sword's style as well. Both SS and WW are proof that cel-shading looks good and works well. I think it's a format Nintendo should stick with. It really suits the fantasy feel of the Zelda world.

I think Skyward Sword did an ok job with the cel-shading, but Wind Waker still looks a little better in my opinion. I like them both, but if another Zelda game had to be cel-shaded, I would like it to be in Wind Waker fashion, not Skyward Sword.

atompike

On my Zeldathon Quest
I don't want another one but I'm sure they will. I don't hate the cell shaded effect but for me it works better handheld than a console release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom