• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should There Ever Be Zelda on Wiiware?

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
There have been shown through out Zelda history that there are Zelda games t that have not been released. Perhaps they can be given chance to shine on the Wiiware. (Don't even dare type "I just want a new Zelda" you got two new Zeldas, we waited 7 years for OOT we can wait longer.)

Or perhaps Wiiware is where more 2-D Zeldas could shine. I mean the DS has been showing to advanced in titles. As Zeldas advance on the DS, there shall be less chances for 2D so perhaps we can have our 2D be down loadable. And maybe with content patches overtime.

I feel that 2D should make it's home on Wiiware so that way we can at least have an easily afforable Zelda to get.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I think a WiiWare Zelda could be a great opportunity to bring an episodic Zelda out. It would be a great place to feature 2-D graphics again as well.

They could make the episodes stand alone, but if you bought them all, you would get a larger story. Other companies seem to be enjoying downloadable episodic content, and I think Zelda would fit the bill perfectly.

It would be similar to the BS Zelda. They could even put that on WiiWare and I would buy it, since I have neer played it. I know it was basically the original LoZ, but I'd still love a chance to give it a try on a console.

Amelie

Air Dancer
I think that is a great idea! I long for the 2D graphics again. That way we could play games on Wiiware and play the more advanced new Zeldas on the DS ^^
I would like to see more Zelda games with a AlttP look to them.

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
WiiWare would be great for Zelda filler. It would be a great place for games that tell the parts of Zelda that we miss out on, like the backstory of MC, and the backstory of WW; it would also be a great place to try out some new things, like a game starring Zelda or Ganondorf or Vaati.

Mehplep

Simply awesome
I would really like to see some SDK on WiiWare. Or, not maybe SDK, but still a development kit of some sort. Zelda just screams of fan made dungeons and games, and while it's done to a certain point with Zelda Classic for example, putting a real development kit, easy to use, on WiiWare, would be actually really awesome. WiiMote makes it pretty easy to design dungeons, and wifi to send dungeons to the internet and share it with other people. Just simple 2D greatness. Releasing a simple game made by N would just be pointless, better release them in a real game, but just a simple LittleBigPlanet rip-off would be awesome.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
How does wiiware work? What is it? Is it about downloads? I don´t know myself and that is why I´m asking. Like someone else mentioned. I don´t believe we will ever see another regular 2D for the DS, and therefore it will not be possible to get them for futuristic handhelds either I assume! And we can forget about the Wii, they will never release a 2D disc for that. Since I desperately want to see new 2D games that look like the oracle games, alttp or AoL. I really hope you are true and that there could be some titles for wiiware. But what is wiiware? The same as VC? Then we will never get any new 2D titles, ever :(

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
How does wiiware work?

WiiWare is the same downloading of games idea as the Virtual Console on Wii, but they are new games specifically created for download. They're not recycled games of the past. They're generally shorter games than normal, but they only cost $8 to $10, so it balances out. You download them from the same shop as the VC games, but they're under a different tab if I remember correctly.

Some WiiWare titles included the new revamp of Dr. Mario and Tetris Party (both with online capabilities and new graphics), and my personal favourite, Mega Man 9, which was a brand-new game done in the old retro-NEW 8-bit style.

Z

ZeldaMan17

WiiWare is the same downloading of games idea as the Virtual Console on Wii, but they are new games specifically created for download. They're not recycled games of the past. They're generally shorter games than normal, but they only cost $8 to $10, so it balances out. You download them from the same shop as the VC games, but they're under a different tab if I remember correctly.

Some WiiWare titles included the new revamp of Dr. Mario and Tetris Party (both with online capabilities and new graphics), and my personal favourite, Mega Man 9, which was a brand-new game done in the old retro-NEW 8-bit style.

Ya mega man 9 was great I really don't see why nintendo wouldn't want to release a 2d zelda for wii ware i think it would be great to see a alttp or original LoZ graphics for a new 2d zelda on wii ware

T

TheVidiot

I would love to see a new Four Swords game for Wiiware. It would be the perfect game to play online with a few buddies. FSA was really great, but it was such a pain to hook everything up to it.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I would love to see a Zelda III come to WiiWare, but I doubt that would ever happen. I just think they've evolved Zelda beyond the point of LoZ and AoL, Super Mario Bros 4 I could see happening for some reason. Mario still manages to go retro quite easily like in New Super Mario Bros.

WiiWare would be great for Zelda filler. It would be a great place for games that tell the parts of Zelda that we miss out on, like the backstory of MC, and the backstory of WW; it would also be a great place to try out some new things, like a game starring Zelda or Ganondorf or Vaati.

I would love to see a new Four Swords game for Wiiware. It would be the perfect game to play online with a few buddies. FSA was really great, but it was such a pain to hook everything up to it.

This ideas already got me day dreaming again.

It would totally rock!

DCMN

Hero of Internet
Super Mario World is Super Mario Bros. 4 (Well in Japan anyway). ;)

I'd love to see a Four Swords WiiWare though, maybe it could have connectivity with the DS too.

W

Wii Guy 09

Yeah! FS on wiiware would be awesome! I also agree with Mehplep. A dungeon creator would be cool. Maybe even a character creator.

I don't know if it would be a good idea for Nintendo to make a Zelda game for Wiiware.

It would have to be a real Zelda game, and not something that was quickly thrown together to make some easy money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom