• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should There Be New Pokemon Types?

bkelly458

Just Some Dude
There hasn't been a new Pokemon type since Generation II. Some may say it's high time for a couple of new Pokemon types could keep things fresh. It may also allow for a more diversity for new Pokemon.

Similarly, some may say this isn't necessary, or even a bad idea. The two types added in Gold and Silver basically only served to balance the unbalanced first Generation. Things are balanced now, so why bother? Also, we've been getting by without new types for a long time now, and things are perfectly fine.

Is there a Pokemon type you've always thought would be a cool addition?

Discuss! :)

^ I agree there should be Light Type..i could imagine moves being called "Light Burst" Or "Solar Flare" or even "Mirror Force" hahaha i got all those names from games!:D

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Light type, would be super effective against ghost (ghosts hate light), bug (they tend to hide from the sun, under rocks and such) and grass (too much light dries them out).
Against light type you would use: Dark and NORMAL (yes I did!). For once, normal needs one type to be strong against.

Sunflora would become a grass/light type.

Fig

The Altruist
I agree with the Light type suggestion. With already a Dark type in the games, it makes sense that they should add a Light type.

^ I agree there should be Light Type..i could imagine moves being called "Light Burst" Or "Solar Flare" or even "Mirror Force" hahaha i got all those names from games!:D

XD. You got those names from Yu-Gi-Oh cards. I should know since I have them in my binder.

I don't think they should invent new types.
Everything they could come up with would be too similar to already existing types. Like Light would be somewhat similar to Fire.
Or they would be too specific and it'd get difficult to come up with more than one Pokemon or attack, like a Moon type.

I guess it would seem forced to me, as if they weren't able to create new Pokemon for the already existing types, so they create new types.
Of course that's just how I imagine it and I'll change my mind if somebody comes up with something extremly creative :)

Kevin

Original PD
Site Staff
I think that the typings are perfect the way they are now. Adding more in would just throw off the flow of the game.

MonkeyFightSquad

*LAUGHS EVILLY*
There should be a light type. Like everybody else said. Light would be super effective to Dark and Dark would be super effective against Light. That would be great. I would not want a storm type. There would be to limited options.

To be honest, Game Freak should of added new types in Gen V. A Light Type would of been perfect, but then I couldn't think of any light moves off the top of my head.

Just a thought... but I've always wanted a Glass type. I think there are many different options out there for Pokemon, like some fakemon i made up. I made a series of Dragon/Slug Glass types, and some that looked like water droplets that were made of crystal. If you give it a little thought, you could probably come up with more. It's rather a unique type, and would be weak to rock, steel, fighting, and maybe some others I can't think of now. It would most likely be super-effective against psychic (because it could alter the visions from crystal balls [mwa ha ha ha]) and flying (how would you like holes in your wings?) for sure, maybe more.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I think light type is a very good choice since there's already dark type.

I'd like to see a type based on an element like, I dunno, Neon, Tungsten, or Uranium. Yeah, like a nuclear type or something.

I'll have to get back to this:)

Dan

I'm not really sure if there should be any more types, maybe add a new move :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom