• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Should There Be A Zelda Musical?

Should a Zelda Musical Be Produced? (Vote After Reading)

• There Is Mysterious Power In These Notes. (Yes)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I Am Error. (I Don't Know)

• Well excuse me, Princess! (No)

• Total voters

Lamentizer

Skeleton Of The Darkness
Hello fellow Zelda Dungeoners. So we know that the Japanese ALTTP release trailer was in a musical form. So I was wondering what your guys opinions one Nintendo creating an actual musical.

Here's a few questions to think about:
If it was based on a game, what game would it be?
Who many acts would there be?
Where would the setting be?
Would it fit into the timeline without any questioning?
How would play the parts? Would it be big the big shots or the little shots.

This is my opinion on this matter.

I would love for there to be a Zelda musical. I wouldn't really want it based on any game, it would be like "yeah, yeah, we know. Pull the Master Sword already!". So a fresh idea would attract a big audience. And there's plenty of scenes in the games where a musical number could be added. Here's a few examples:
1. During the final battles in Ocarina
2. Romani sings when Link firsts goes to Romani Ranch.
3. Din sings when we first see her in OOS.
4. During the ending scenes of Majora's.

I think that, depending on the story line, two to three acts is the right number. If Ocarina is a musical, then act one is Child Link, act two is Adult Link.

The setting and timeline placement? Well it depends on what it's based on and what characters appear. If the story takes place immediately after The Minish Cap, the final scene in TMC is scene one in the musical, I wouldn't want to see Skull Kid, Marin, Saria. They don't belong in that part of the timeline. It would create great confusion if they did that.

I would not want big stars to play the roles. If they did, then it would destroy the illusion that we're actually in this mystical land of Hyrule, Termina, or Squguleesmuk. If someone like Natalia Portman played Zelda, nobody would like it. She's too well known. But if that person that has only stared in one or two film, and maybe a minor musical role, she would portray Zelda just right. But they should also have a couple of bigger stars in the musical, like Pearl Bailey. She did the voice of Big Mama in Disney's The Fox And The Hound. I think that Pearl Bailey would make a fine Impa. Her personality is just like Impa, both have the personality of a kind loving mother, and that is what Impa is - a (unofficial) mother to Zelda.

Well, now that I've had some time to talk about this, what do you guys think? Would a Zelda Musical great? Let's hear what you have to say.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
In theory? It'd be great.

In reality? HELL NO. There's no way there could be a good Zelda musical. My dad has been doing musicals for al long as I can remember. I know what I'm talking about when I say it's not going to be good.

Woyogoyo

The Oncoming Storm
Then it would just be a bad musical. Have you ever seen a musical where the main character doesn't have at least one song?

Lamentizer

Skeleton Of The Darkness
Who said that the main character has to sign? Last year I saw a musical where the main character said only two words at the very end: "See ya." That was it.

Last edited:

Lamentizer

Skeleton Of The Darkness
Yep, I'm pretty sure.

But what if Link was not in this musical? What if it was about Enzlo, Midna, or Saria? I don't think Link would have to make an appearance. Maybe only mentioned.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
LOL this thread is just funny! Musicals are funny! a zelda musical..... i think would just be sad. but good idea lamentizer!

Imprisoned

*~German Sparkle Party~*
I think they should. Why? There is a mysterious power in these notes... Other than that, no idea. Just awesome.

I'd love to see a group of creative kids make a Zelda musical in their backyard or something and post it on Youtube. But as a professional show...the franchise itself isn't quite ready for that. Let's make a successful movie that somehow appeals to the mass audience and then let's consider a musical.

Yes, it would be so weird and I would drag all of my friends to it, even the ones who did not like Zelda.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
I think a Zelda musical would be cool. And you know, I can come up with several ideas to get Link not to be able to sing OR talk in this musical!

If it was based on a game, what game would it be? I think it shouldn't be based off of any og the games, but just a new Zelda plot.
Who many acts would there be? Probably two, as is the usual with most plays I see.
Where would the setting be? All over Hyrule. X3
Would it fit into the timeline without any questioning? Oh yes.
Who would play the parts? Would it be big the big shots or the little shots. It all depends. I don't know very many actors and stuff, especially big shot actors, so I can't answer this properly. :>

Is there a way I can make a musical play out of Zelda, without doing anything illigal? I wont be selling stuff or anything, it's a school project basically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom