• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should the Yiga clan come back in Zelda Switch?

Personally speaking, I don't like the Yiga clan.

Anti-Sheikah opposing the monarchy of Hyrule is a very interesting concept for Zelda but I honestly believe the Yiga were one of the worst things about BotW.

They could have been so intense, dark and threatening but nope, they're a joke and they don't bloody leave you alone in the overworld either.

Do you want the Yiga to come back in Zelda Switch?

Would you like to see them done differently?

Would you just rather forget about them?

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
I enjoyed their comedy in BotW with the love of banas but I don't think they would fit in in another Zelda game. as much as I love them, I think they should stay in BotW

First off, no they weren't among the worst things.

Second, yes, add them. Ideas that seem bad can be made to work if done by someone who understands them better.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
A good concept that was handled so poorly that it's beyond saving, unfortunately. I wouldn't mind giving Ganon some human followers in the future though.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Actually yes I do hope they make a return. But not like Laurel and Hardy or Comedy Capers sense of humor. They should get a very serious and also dark story in which we see the darker ways of the Sheikah. That could make it more interesting.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
And once again Ninty retroactively bollix's up the lore... :dry:

I mean, the Yiga clan were a long time coming. Ocarina of Time already hinted at a time when the Sheikah betrayed the Royal Family. This suggested a schism that took place within the Sheikah.

I mean we've waited years to have this bit of history of the enigmatic Sheikah explained to us and Ninty goes and gives us the loony-tunes version but without all the edginess.

This is why I keep saying that ninty cannot be trusted to do this series justice anymore.

Ghirahimiscool

Cucco Butt
Personally speaking, I don't like the Yiga clan.

Anti-Sheikah opposing the monarchy of Hyrule is a very interesting concept for Zelda but I honestly believe the Yiga were one of the worst things about BotW.

They could have been so intense, dark and threatening but nope, they're a joke and they don't bloody leave you alone in the overworld either.

Do you want the Yiga to come back in Zelda Switch?

Would you like to see them done differently?

Would you just rather forget about them?

Aw, c’mon, man. The Yiga aren’t so bad.
Personally, I like the humorous demeanor they have. Seeing them again in a future title would be neat!

I think the Yiga were an interesting addition. I get the feeling we will be seeing them again down the line, and I don't mind that. Though it is a bit strange to have actual human enemies in a Zelda game. When was the last time we had that? Link to the Past? (Yuga's soldiers don't count, they aren't actually human)

I liked the Yiga a lot. They were goofy on the surface, much grimmer when you stopped and thought about them (although Master Kohga was clearly a little inflexible in his way of thinking). They reminded me of the scene where Nabooru, brainwashed as an Iron Knuckle, forgets to summon her axe... The Zeldas do goofy grimness pretty well, and I'd hope to see more of it (including more of the Yiga) next game.

If zelda switch has strong connection with BotW then Yiga must be in the game. I’d love to know more about how they were involved in collaption of Hyrule or what their role would be after ganon’s defeat. Personally I liked Yiga. They were interesting and I loved their goofiness. Only one thing bothered me. In the fight with their boss there could have been a tad more seriousness. Their boss was a bit too much like a clown. Otherwise I enjoyed their humor in overworld. And I didn’t find random appearances of Yiga enemy annoying. It was a lot of fun when one time Yiga appeared suddenly when I was fighting against bunch of guardians.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom