• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should the Wii Get a Second Zelda Game?

Should Wii get a second Zelda game?

• Yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No! go to Wii U directly

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
Some people say that the Wii got 2 games because of Twilight Princess. In this respect the Wii "technically" got 7 games.

Legend of Zelda - Wii Virtual Console
Adventure of Link - Wii Virtual Console
A Link to the Past - Wii Virtual Console
Ocarina of Time - Wii Virtual Console
Majora's Mask - Wii Virtual Console
Twilight Princess - Wii DVD
Skyward Sword - Wii DVD

Very nice, and what about the Gamecube?

Legend of Zelda - Gamecube Collector DVD
Adventure of Link - Gamecube Collector DVD
Ocarina of Time (Master Quest) - Gamecube DVD
Majora's Mask - Gamecube Collector DVD
Windwaker - Gamecube DVD
Four Swords Adventure - Gamecube DVD
Twilight princess - Gamecube DVD

Also 7 releases for the Gamecube, it's a tie!

DVD? You do understand that DVDs are something completely different? 2ndly remakes don't count, so all those Virtual Consoles and most of the Gamecube games you mentioned shouldn't be there.

everettkagan

Major SS and Oot fan!
Some people say that the Wii got 2 games because of Twilight Princess. In this respect the Wii "technically" got 7 games.

Skyward Sword - Wii DVD

I think you cannot be more right. i personally never counted TP as a true wii game, just a virtual consle thingy. i myself have MM on my wii as an app, and after playing, i realized how much TP, technically, is not a wii game at all. Zelda should go straight to wii u because it seems so great with the new controller.

Well technically the Wii already has 2 Zelda games

Technically, the Wii had 3 games: Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword and Link's Crossbow Training. Even though Link's Crossbow Training was a spin-off it was still a Zelda game.

So the answer to the original question would be no. The Wii has had enough Zelda games on it and were moving on with the Wii-U. Sure Nintendo will continue to make Wii games but I doubt any of them would be a Zelda game.

JamesBond007

Indigo Child

Skyward Sword - Wii DVD

Very nice, and what about the Gamecube?

Legend of Zelda - Gamecube Collector DVD
Adventure of Link - Gamecube Collector DVD
Ocarina of Time (Master Quest) - Gamecube DVD
Majora's Mask - Gamecube Collector DVD
Windwaker - Gamecube DVD
Four Swords Adventure - Gamecube DVD
Twilight princess - Gamecube DVD

Also 7 releases for the Gamecube, it's a tie!
Let's say this a little bit different - how each Zelda game can be played on the Wii?

The Legend of Zelda - Gamecube disc (Collector's Edition) or Virtual Console
The Adventure of Link - GameCube disc (Collector's Edition) or Virtual Console
A Link to the Past - Virtual Console
Ocarina of Time (original) - GameCube disc (Ocarina of Time/Master Quest or Collector's Edition) or Virtual Console
Ocarina of Time (Master Quest) - GameCube disc (Ocarina of Time/Master Quest)
Majora's Mask - GameCube disc (Collector's Edition) or Virtual Console
The Wind Waker - GameCube disc
Four Swords Adventures - GameCube disc
Twilight Princess - GameCube or Wii disc
Skyward Sword - Wii disc

zellinkda

one of many
I vote yes because of a few things:

1. I may not get a wiiu (just got a 3ds....)
2. Just because a new system comes out, doesn't mean their next game will be for wiiu. If you look at Professor layton, which in North america, just had their fourth game on the Nintendo DS. This didn't come out on the 3ds. So if nintendo wanted to, they could make a zelda wii again.

however, That's highly unlikely, since we already have information from E3 and are awaiting Zelda wiiu. Some people might be like, "hey, what happened to zelda wiiu?" Nintendo wants to please everyone, and they can't do that. also, whenever wiiU comes out, It may be a long time before we get a fresh new zelda. look at 3ds. It's been out for almost a year now, and all that we have gotten is a bunch of remakes. these may be fun, but I have heard more info about Animal crossing 3D than I have Zelda 3ds. Animal crossing 3d has not let out a lot of info since E3. All I have heard from Zelda 3ds is: It's going to be good and there is going to be 3D effects and utilizing touch screen and control pad buttons." yeah well whatever. tell us more! we know more about a game for a system that hasn't even come out yet, than we do for zelda 3ds. In my opinion, nintendo should figure out their priorities

rant over. :)

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO

Skyward Sword - Wii DVD

Virtual console is more like a download shop. It's not a remake. Just playable on the Wii with a Classic Controller. Technically Twilight Princess came out on the GameCube originally. The Wii version is just a remake.

My first answer would be YES, only because when I saw the videos posted about the Wii-U, if the only controller you have is that big gaudy looking thing...my chances in buying it is very slim on account that I like the remote use on the Wii. Plus, especially with the remotes being that way, I *also* would not want to put out the money for a system just for a Zelda game. So I would like to see more with the Wii.

That is UNLESS the Wii-U can also accomodate the Wii remotes, then I'll totally invest in one.

I

Internetfan15

Let's say this a little bit different - how each Zelda game can be played on the Wii?

The Legend of Zelda - Gamecube disc (Collector's Edition) or Virtual Console
The Adventure of Link - GameCube disc (Collector's Edition) or Virtual Console
A Link to the Past - Virtual Console
Ocarina of Time (original) - GameCube disc (Ocarina of Time/Master Quest or Collector's Edition) or Virtual Console
Ocarina of Time (Master Quest) - GameCube disc (Ocarina of Time/Master Quest)
Majora's Mask - GameCube disc (Collector's Edition) or Virtual Console
The Wind Waker - GameCube disc
Four Swords Adventures - GameCube disc
Twilight Princess - GameCube or Wii disc
Skyward Sword - Wii disc

Haha and WOW! Wii "technically" got 15 games in total. Amazing! I'm sorry for underestimating the Zelda existence on the Wii!

My first answer would be YES, only because when I saw the videos posted about the Wii-U, if the only controller you have is that big gaudy looking thing...my chances in buying it is very slim on account that I like the remote use on the Wii. Plus, especially with the remotes being that way, I *also* would not want to put out the money for a system just for a Zelda game. So I would like to see more with the Wii.

That is UNLESS the Wii-U can also accomodate the Wii remotes, then I'll totally invest in one.

Yes, totally agree, the Wii motion controls were amazing as an idea. Sometimes they can have a few glitches during Skyward Sword (like when tilting to the equilibrium during beattle guidance) but overall a magnificent idea. The sword battles and the skyward strikes were amazing! At the moment the Wii U controller does not look convincing enough! Let's see what happens!

P

PLZFE

Came out on GameCube first thats why the GC is canon and the wii version is just a port with gimmicky controlls

Naa, There won't be another Zelda Wii game and I'm kinda glad.

If they did, It would be like TP how it was Gamecube and Wii, only Wii and Wii U. Pointless.

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
I don't think they will be having a new release on the Wii, but I believe you can still play Wii games on the WiiU, right? like how you could play GameCube games on the Wii.

You mean the 3rd game on the Wii right? TP was originally for the Wii. If they did make another Zelda game for the Wii it wouldn't be anything new. They have already used motion controls, etc. Just throw the next one on the WiiU. I doubt they have enough time to make another title for the Wii anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom