• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Should The Rupee Bank Return In The Future?

Lamentizer

Skeleton Of The Darkness
Hello fellow Zelda Dungeoners. I would like the Rupee Bank to return for Zelda Wii U and beyond. It was totally worth using it in Majora's Mask. The bank in Skyward Sword lets you hold anything but Rupees. Plus it takes down lots of time on cutting grass and killing enemies to search for Rupees.

.:Brony:.

Head Brony of ZD
Yes, a thousand times yes.

I loved being able to just throw rupees in bank and taking out as much as I needed. It doesn't really break the game because you need a certain amount of rupees all at once to buy something, which means you'd still have to upgrade your wallet. It would just make it less tidious to have to go out and farm rupees (even though it's not even that hard in the first place).

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
I definitely enjoyed it IN Majora's Mask. However, it was there was the sole reason of allowing you to keep the rupees you gained during the current cycle, making them available for the next one. Unless they use the same cycle, its purpose would be less evident. It would only exist for the purpose of a real bank.

While it would be cool, I think it should only be used if it fits into the game properly. e.g. A bank would have been AMAZING in Twilight Princess. There was so many Rupee available and nothing to buy. However, in would have been useless in SS, where there was always plenty to buy and I never had a full wallet.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Yeah I think I made a thread about how to improve the Rupee system and the bank feature from Majoras Mask was on my list. I just thing it gave us a use for are money, we could save up and we didn't actually waste are money like in other games were we constantly have a full wallet with nothing to do with it. Maybe they could make an interst and reward system for the player's who tend to store away there money...

I didnt care for the bank, it worked in Majora's Mask because of the nature of the game, other games really dont need it. The best rupee system was in TP where Link put the rupees that he didnt need back, so if you needed them later you could go and hunt them out, just wish we could have done that in Wind Waker for the Triforce Quest but it was still fun.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Hello fellow Zelda Dungeoners. I would like the Rupee Bank to return for Zelda Wii U and beyond. It was totally worth using it in Majora's Mask. The bank in Skyward Sword lets you hold anything but Rupees. Plus it takes down lots of time on cutting grass and killing enemies to search for Rupees.

The thing with the rupee bank in Majora's Mask is that it actually made sense to have a bank. Items were costly and when your funds reset because you go back in time, you would need SOME PLACE to store the cash, right? But you don't lose rupees so easily in any other game bar Four Swords.

Unless Nintendo can find a right balance for the economy, and a legitimate reason to HAVE a bank (read: not copy pasting MM unless it's MM3D), I do not want the thing to come back.

Imprisoned

*~German Sparkle Party~*
I was just thinking about that recently while playing Skyward Sword. Who dosen't love to save up a whole bunch of Rupees at once? I love it. I mean, just a stupidly large amount.

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I love the concept of the bank, and I found it was one of the things that made MM so intelligent, when compared to other games of the series. The Rupee bank has many potential uses. What if you had to pass through gates or armed forces on the map that demanded every rupee you had when you passed their way? The bank could help you get around this. What if you had to pass through areas where you were attacked by some type of enemy that can siphon your rupees? The bank can help you protect your savings. Hey, that was just off the top of my head, and there's plenty more where that came from.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I honestly think it would ruin the management that would otherwise be required to purchase things. (I can say that now due to Skyward Sword fixing Zelda's currency system.) It worked in Majora's Mask since Link loses all his rupees after reversing time, but we're not losing rupees at any time in any other Zelda game. (Spending rupees isn't losing them. You gain something by spending them.) Having a bank would ultimately work against the design of a "standard" Zelda game, so no, having it return would be a dumb idea.

Ghirahimiscool

Cucco Butt
I wouldn't mind if the bank came back. I liked having a place to get a lot of rupees from by just going there. And you don't have to waste time finding rupees. I think I'd be cool if the bank returned, but there would be more than one bank. I hated having to go to Clock Town every time I needed money. If they were more than bank, we wouldn't have to go to Clock Town every time.

Night Owl

~Momentai
It's kind of pointless having a bank unless you are going to lose rupees unless you store them there.
I've rarely had my wallet full in any zelda game unless I had already bought everything.
If you have bought everything, you wouldn't need a bank.

(If they let us buy a house then maybe we'd need a bank ;))

Big Octo

=^)
I want to say yes, but ultimately, it would probably break whatever game it's added in. As JuicieJ mentioned, it worked in Majora's Mask due to the fact that Link loses his rupees whenever he resets the three day cycle. It was not only a convenience, but was almost a necessity, as I would imagine that the game would be infuriating otherwise.

In other games, however, Link would become an infinite spending machine, defeating the purpose of having a limit on wallet space in the first place. Sure, the bank could be filled and the rupees within spent excessively in Majora's Mask, but doing so takes quite some time, requiring multiple repeats in time. Farming rupees would be limitless otherwise.

As much as a convenience as it would be, I think the limitations of the currency system are fine as they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom