• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should the Next Zelda Game Have a Difficulty Selection Before Playing?

Simply i think that there should be a Master-quest for each new Zelda game and it should be unlocked after you complete it......

Having difficulty options might confuse players and after you have chose your difficulty you might regret it later on (even if you could change it while your playing this would be abused too make easier situations) I think Zelda has done pretty well without this added option and too make Zelda games harder but still to appeal to a wide audience they need to balance out the game, for example hints and tips from in the game to help beginners and obv the game is much harder if you complete it 100% anyway. So if you need to add more difficulty for veterans just add Master Quest at the end of the game for added repeatability and more challenge.

So? If someone wanted to play the game that way, why shouldn't they? You don't have to do it, but if someone else wants to they can. That's why I think it being adjustable in-game is a great idea, it gives the player more ability to play how they like.

KaeporaGaebora

TheOwlSage
Why shouldn't Zelda have different difficulty options? Hero Mode didn't add anything other than how quick you die. That's not difficult, that's cheep. I've never played Master Quest, and don't plan to, but it seems to just be a Second Quest, without changing the Overworld. Fallout 3 and New Vegas did it right, have a difficulty selection IN GAME. I also Imagine it wouldn't be to hard make the AI slightly smarter with each increase, and dumber with each decrease.

Great, many say yes (including me) others say no, all are great and valid opinons and thoughts which I think Nintendo should take account of. Either way you look at it, we all love the Legend of Zelda!:)

I think LoZ should just be difficult. I remember the good ol' days when games were actually hard and they didn't care about the casual or inexperienced gamers, they just cared about pleasing the real gamers. The inexperienced gamers can just use a walkthrough, I'll admit that's what I did when I was little. Nintendo needs to stop trying to make LoZ a casual game, they already have more than enough of those, Mario prints money.

skywardsword13

Dawn of the Final Day
YES. Easy mode, with less dungeons, shorter game, enemies are weaker. Normal, with normal amount of dungeons, and standard enemy difficulty. And extreme, with extra dungeons and secret dungeons, with insane enemy difficulty. (unlocked after normal completed) I dont see why this wouldn't work!

Vanitas Remnant

You've done it, Ventus.
Iowa, or Hell. They're both the same thing.
So you're saying there should never be any help available no matter what? Even if someone playing the game wants it? Isn't that kind of inconsiderate to those who aren't as good? There's nothing wrong with in-game help so long as it isn't shoved in your face.

Well, the awesomeness that radiates off me can make bad players good, so your argument is invalid.

Anyway, I dunno about this whole difficulty thang. I'm really having a hard time in Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories, and I wish I picked beginner instead. I've noticed that when my dad plays Skyrim (I do not play it unless it's to help him, I don't play any M rated games), there's a difficulty slider thing, but I haven't seen him experiment with it. Maybe Zelda could use something like that? I dunno, that's just my opinion.

Wizzrobe

Mask Collector
Originally, I didn't mind this idea but now that I think about it I personally like how it already is where it's just one set difficulty the first time through then unlock the harder one, but make the harder one worthwhile though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom