• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should the Next Zelda Game Have a Difficulty Selection Before Playing?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
MQ3D didn't change the enemy AI. At all. The game was just flipped and double damage was added (and the dungeons were different). So, in a sense, you're saying that we shouldn't have another Hero Mode, but that we should have another Hero Mode. Maybe you should clear the fog on you OoT goggles a bit.

Enemy actors were switched around along with the puzzles, so in a sense the enemy AI was changed. Clear the fog on your SS goggles; Hero Mode isn't a great addition.

You didn't imply it was a great addition but she only meant to say it as a opinon based thought.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
I would love this, I am playing through the original The Legend of Zelda and I just love that you have to figure everything out for yourself, and that you die a lot, man, I can't take any modern game seriously anymore, Ocarina of Time looks like a little kids game compared to The Legend of Zelda*.

Anyway, I hope the next Zelda game as two difficulty options, "Child", the enemies (which would be few and apart) die without any effort, you have a womanish figure guiding you through everything, and the puzzles are boringly easy. Now the second difficulty option would be called "Man!" Keese, Bokoblins, Chu Chus, would kill you in a couple hits, and they would be everywhere, you would have the option of running away from your companion, and they would never be able to find you, never! Also, the dungeons would be short, but brutal, I'm talking you die over ten times, and it's no big deal, nobody cares about your little problems in here, just room after room of keese ready to CENSORED you out of your mind!

In short, I want difficult games again, and no help!

*Oot is still great, just a little too easy...

Very intriguing, although naming the difficulties "child" and "man" seem a bit...well nevermind that, its still good idea and I like the fact you seem to want to tie it in with the difficulty that was presented to us by the first Legend of Zelda, which I find it very suitable.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
No.

I see why people would say yes but games like Killzone, Halo, Uncharted etc. all had difficulty levels and it was really hard to choose at the start of the game as when you choose easy you easily beat the game and feel as if you have cheated, Normal gets you the best experience but again you feel unaccomplished in a sense and in Hard it can instead of just making the game more challenging it makes unbelievably difficult AI and you feel as if you are being cheated in some cases and on a whole it isn't the most enjoyable experience.

I think Zelda games on a whole could be more challenging but this needs to be implemented within the game not as a difficulty option, as for new players they should do what they did in SS and allow them to get hints throughout the game to guide them, while intermediate players will just generally play the game and complete it, more experienced players will try to fully complete the game by doing all side-quests etc. As for Veterans, they should use a combination of Hero mode and Master quest or maybe both!

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
The way I see it, why not? Does it hurt the experience if there is a difficulty setting? No. All it does it add and extra later of difficulty to those that want it. That being said, if it is just a damage multiplier I would be disappointed. AI needs to be smarter. This shouldn't be too difficult as games have had smarter AI for a long time. I'm sure Nintendo can handle it.

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
Possibly, but you should only be able to difficulty when you start the game, but it could work, it sounds like a good feature.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I would love this, I am playing through the original The Legend of Zelda and I just love that you have to figure everything out for yourself, and that you die a lot, man, I can't take any modern game seriously anymore, Ocarina of Time looks like a little kids game compared to The Legend of Zelda*.

Anyway, I hope the next Zelda game as two difficulty options, "Child", the enemies (which would be few and apart) die without any effort, you have a womanish figure guiding you through everything, and the puzzles are boringly easy. Now the second difficulty option would be called "Man!" Keese, Bokoblins, Chu Chus, would kill you in a couple hits, and they would be everywhere, you would have the option of running away from your companion, and they would never be able to find you, never! Also, the dungeons would be short, but brutal, I'm talking you die over ten times, and it's no big deal, nobody cares about your little problems in here, just room after room of keese ready to CENSORED you out of your mind!

In short, I want difficult games again, and no help!

*Oot is still great, just a little too easy...

So you're saying there should never be any help available no matter what? Even if someone playing the game wants it? Isn't that kind of inconsiderate to those who aren't as good? There's nothing wrong with in-game help so long as it isn't shoved in your face.

Also, much of the difficulty in the original LoZ comes from 8 bit limitations. Just saying.

well how about two seperate modes? One mode could do like a classic thing where you play the game and the difficulty increases as you go. The second mode could be like an choose your own difficulty thing and play the game on that particular game level. It would be beneficial to both types of players.

In other words turning off the help option.

If you look at that way, then yeah, turn off the help. I mean Zelda has recently has been about experimenting new ideas to help the series grow which I think there doing a good job at it so why not allow that option for the players?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Simply i think that there should be a Master-quest for each new Zelda game and it should be unlocked after you complete it......

Having difficulty options might confuse players and after you have chose your difficulty you might regret it later on (even if you could change it while your playing this would be abused too make easier situations) I think Zelda has done pretty well without this added option and too make Zelda games harder but still to appeal to a wide audience they need to balance out the game, for example hints and tips from in the game to help beginners and obv the game is much harder if you complete it 100% anyway. So if you need to add more difficulty for veterans just add Master Quest at the end of the game for added repeatability and more challenge.

donkey kong

Juicy pants.
The next zelda game should have a difficult selection. They should vary from these: beginner, easy, normal, hard, hero. The item locations, strength of items, health of enemies, and even the puzzles would vary depending on the difficulty. Also, you will not be allowed to change the difficulty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom