• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should the Minish return in BotW2?

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Miniature hylians were one of those ideas that the Zelda team churned out for BotW, but then decided to discard. According to developer interviews, Link would be able to shrink down to their size and visit their houses.

With BotW2 seemingly returning to some old ideas, (Like a part of the map rising up in the sky) this might as well be viable for being such an idea. Link shrinking down to visit the houses of tiny hylians - or maybe even the Minish. Would you like to see it?

I wouldn't.
I don't like the Minish Cap as a Zelda game and I don't like the Minish/Picori as a race. I've always felt they were really tacky. I don't want that in BotW2.

I would like to see the Anouki though. Though with BotW redesigns they may end up looking scary.

Spirit, BOOOO! lol

I personally think that the Minish would be a somewhat interesting concept as a returning race in, if ton BotW 2 then at least a future 3D Zelda game. I think it's be fun to shrink down to microscopic size and open up more puzzles. It might even broaden the possibility of more new dungeons/temples.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
It would be cool, but it'll never happen. Nintendo rarely bring back things that's only been in one game, and if they do, it's usually not too long after. But it's been 16 years...

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
I don't think they should, since I really don't feel like they'd fit in well with the world BotW presented (that BotW 2 will end up replicating). I'd really only want to see them in any sort of sequel to Minish Cap.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Maybe they could make it work as a plot point and mechanic in one certain area of the map and I think it would be really cool if they could but I don't think they will do it. If they had some kind of easter-egg type nod to the Minish or some mention of their existence at the least that could be cool as is.

The Bread Pirate

Youtuber/Student/Christian
I don't see why not!

If people don't think it would fit in BotW2, then they probably aren't thinking outside of the box. Link doesn't need to shrink down to the size of the Minish for them to be included. Instead he could find an item that heightens his hearing and allows him to hear their small voices.

Alternatively, there could be a side quest involving children who claim to have found "tiny people" living nearby and Link is tasked with helping the "tiny people" with something that is threatening them. The catch here is that Link wouldn't be able to see the Minish since he's too old.

I'd personally like them to return but not in Breath of the Wild's sequel, Link is too old to see them nowadays!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom