• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should The Last Boss Stay Dead?

Ghirahimiscool

Cucco Butt
It depends on how much I like the last boss. For Ocarina of Time, Ganon should stay dead. For Twilight Princess though, I would hate to never beat that boss again.

RHhylian

Guru-Guru's strange son
I do like the idea of post-game content, like extra dungeons, quests and knowing about Link's further life, but I can't help but think this would kind of ruin the epic fantasy ending Zelda games usually have. You're all like: "Yeah I beat the game, I'm the Hero, I beat Ganon" and then: "Ow... it's not over yet..." This would result in the end of your playthrough being anticlimactic, because you're done with the game as soon as you finish the final random sidequest/-dungeon. There would be no epic conclusion of the story and such, because you have had that earlier.

MonkeyFightSquad

*LAUGHS EVILLY*
I think It would be nice to explore an evil free Hyrule.
They should have some bonus content; such as quests, minidungeons, etc. that appear after you kill the boss just to have something to do.
They could also have a system like in MM where you can refight bosses by going back to the dungeons.
I think they could do a lot with post credits material.

Maybe they could give us a peek at Link's life after killing the final boss...
I couldn't have said it better my self.

I prefer the save option AFTER the final boss, because it tells me that I have fully completed that file, so I'm not confused about whether I defeated the final boss or not.

(However the only problem with that is that I wanted to have a go at Fledge's pumpkin-shooting game in SS with my nephew and it meant having to start a file from the very beginning to do so, (which we didn't have time to in the end)).

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
NO!! I love to fight the last boss over and over again. I do wish however there was an option to explore Hyrule after you killed the boss. Most of the times you'll see things in the end credits but still it would be fun to walk around and check everything out. But I don't want the last boss to be dead after you defeat him. Because like I said before I always love to come back and fight him again and try out different techniques to see if I can beat him faster

I don't believe any of the bosses should stay dead to be honest. Refighting tough baddies is always fun. Majora's Mask had the right idea with this respect allowing Link to relive his greatest battles.

That said, if bosses do stay dead, I'd like to see a boss battle mode implemented as in Skyward Sword allowing players another chance to play for the best time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom