• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should the Adult Timeline Be Explored More?

As you know, The Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks all take place on the Adult timeline. However, many people put them as the only games on the Adult timeline, and from what I gather, there is little reason to think otherwise. Basically, whether or not you believe these are the only three games for the Adult timeline, what other sorts of adventures do you want to see?

Phantom Hourglass should have a more direct sequel; an interquel between that game and Spirit Tracks, as well as an official conclusion to the Hero of Winds' story. I know the idea of Wind Waker was to be the first game exclusive to the Adult timeline, but maybe there could have been a Link between the Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker Links? Of course, we need to move forward on the timeline, or at least make it clear where certain games belong on the split timeline.

Maybe this should be in the theory section. :P

Well, I don't know about anyone else but I believe all the games on the CT take place all in the same Hyrule while the AT takes place in another part of that world or "new Hyrule" because the original Hyrule that we see in the CT is flooded. I would like to see the AT grow myself and have games come after ST.

BTW, looks like we have the same timeline theory. :yes: Glad I'm not the only one who believes in this theory. :D

I too have always figured those were the only ones on the adult timeline. It'd be nice to see the New Hyrule explored in a big console game...

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I personally don't want another AT game because...well, it's too lighthearted for my tastes. Of course, Nintendo could change that with a new game. ;)

Oh, I heard that Zelda 3DS would be a new game not related to the TWW trilogy, though whether it takes place on AT or CT I don't think they've stated. A nice game that could "even" the two timelines would be a game that takes place before LoZ/AoL and thus would confirm their placement on the AT...but then again, Ganon was stoned in TWW so that couldn't possibly work...or could it? Truthfully speaking, if we do get another AT game I'd like it to be completely separate from the TWW trilogy and with a more realistic design as was TP Link's design. From there, I'd also like for the Master Sword to appear somehow.

Maybe this should be in the theory section. :P

Well, I don't know about anyone else but I believe all the games on the CT take place all in the same Hyrule while the AT takes place in another part of that world or "new Hyrule" because the original Hyrule that we see in the CT is flooded. I would like to see the AT grow myself and have games come after ST.

BTW, looks like we have the same timeline theory. :yes: Glad I'm not the only one who believes in this theory. :D

I had thought about putting this in the theory section, but because it's also about discussing how many games there are in the AT, I thought it would be best to put it here, especially because this isn't really a theory, but rather "Can we have more AT games?"

I don't know how there could be multiple Hyrules, so all the CT games taking place in the same Hyrule makes sense, despite some minor inconsistencies for the same of game design.

My timeline has mostly been formed based on information I've read. I actually have no clue why people place TMC before Ocarina of Time, other than the fact that Hyrule is referred to as a town, but even then I could argue against that being definitively conclusive evidence. Really, the Four Swords games are easily one of the hardest games to place on the timeline as far as I'm concerned.

I too have always figured those were the only ones on the adult timeline. It'd be nice to see the New Hyrule explored in a big console game...

There have been people joking that the Nintendo will pull the same stunt they did before with the GameCube: Show off an awesome tech demo showing an older Link, then give us a Toon game.

I personally don't want another AT game because...well, it's too lighthearted for my tastes. Of course, Nintendo could change that with a new game. ;)

Oh, I heard that Zelda 3DS would be a new game not related to the TWW trilogy, though whether it takes place on AT or CT I don't think they've stated. A nice game that could "even" the two timelines would be a game that takes place before LoZ/AoL and thus would confirm their placement on the AT...but then again, Ganon was stoned in TWW so that couldn't possibly work...or could it? Truthfully speaking, if we do get another AT game I'd like it to be completely separate from the TWW trilogy and with a more realistic design as was TP Link's design. From there, I'd also like for the Master Sword to appear somehow.

The AT Likes Likes and even the Spirit Tracks Deku Babas are among the more terrifying incarnations in the series. There should be an AT game about an actual adult Link, although I'm curious how that would look if they intend to keep the art style consistent through the AT. Maybe something like Skyward Sword, but with a greater emphasis on the Toon style? I don't know how the Master Sword would appear, since it's impaled in Ganondorf, and then Hyrule was flooded once more. I honestly think it's easier for the Master Sword to appear again in a game after A Link to the Past, with the only argument against it being that the game tells you that the Master Sword was to rest forever. It's more accessible to use than the AT Master Sword. Actually, that alone would make an interesting plot point in an AT game: The Master Sword's appearance. However, that would just mean that Ganondorf would have yet another appearance. Perhaps we can finally have a 3D game where the Silver Arrows make an appearance? Better yet, Silver Light Arrows? That would be pretty damn epic.

F

FunFunIsland

Yes! I'd like to know more of Link in adult form. Everything is intense.

Big Octo

=^)
Actually, the Hyrule on the CT being the same as on the AT makes no sense whatsoever. As described in WW, the original Hyrule was submerged under the waves. The Great Sea resides over Old Hyrule. The goal of Link and the pirates sailing off was to find new land, and to establish a new kingdom, which they did after the events of PH. If they were the same Hyrule, then how did it suddenly rise from the ocean? Sorry, but in-game evidence disproves your single Hyrule theory.

As for Other topics, I for one would like to see more events take place in New Hyrule. Wars, villains, maybe even Ganon. After all,
Demise's prophecy explained that Ganon would continue to harass Zelda and the Hero.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
You should give them a chance. ST was only released pretty recently and they just released SS, so any new game could take place just where you would like.

Actually, the Hyrule on the CT being the same as on the AT makes no sense whatsoever. As described in WW, the original Hyrule was submerged under the waves. The Great Sea resides over Old Hyrule. The goal of Link and the pirates sailing off was to find new land, and to establish a new kingdom, which they did after the events of PH. If they were the same Hyrule, then how did it suddenly rise from the ocean? Sorry, but in-game evidence disproves your single Hyrule theory.

As for Other topics, I for one would like to see more events take place in New Hyrule. Wars, villains, maybe even Ganon. After all,
Demise's prophecy explained that Ganon would continue to harass Zelda and the Hero.

We're saying that the CT Hyrule remains the same throughout that timeline. Only in the AT is it different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom