• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Something Drastic Happen in Zelda?

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I don't want a main character to die UNLESS it is in one specific scenario that I have thought up for a direct prequel to OoT in which you play as the father of the Hero of Time during the Hyrulean Civil War and you have to sacrifice yourself for something at the end of the game or something, idk. But no i don't want someone like Link or Zelda to die.

HOWEVER, if it's someone a bit more minor i could deal with it. for example Link's uncle in ALttP, or maybe the King of Hyrule or something. Actually, I might want to see the death of one of Link's companions near the end seeing as that would personally send me over the edge and make me want to beat the crap out of everyone that got in my way of my goal because I'D NEED TO AVENGE THEM AND PROVIDE JUSTICE

Nothing like say turn it into a final fantasy game with all the techno gizmos. Not saying that I don't like the techno gizmos in FF. But yeah I think they should kill off someone... maybe Navi?

Or maybe the owl guy...

Hanyou

didn't build that
Death is inconsequential in the grand scheme of things. Several Links and Zeldas have died. It happens. Throwing it into a game won't really do anything but make it an off-putting experience for the player.

On the other hand, something major like what The Wind Waker did would be interesting and a lot of fun. I'd love to see that again.

godess reborn

Blame The Cricket
I don't know if something as drastic as one of the protagonists dying should happen, especially in a franchise like Zelda. It just doesn't seem right. Zelda is a series where if any character dies, it is the antagonist, and they are killed to prevent the deaths of others. But most of the time even that doesn't happen, they're either sealed away or reincarnated. Also, the death of a protagonist seems to go againt the very being of the Zelda series. Some game franchises can have the protagonist die, and nothing happens. The series just goes on. While Zelda does have some violent points, it wouldn't make sense to just kill the hero or a friend of the main character.

Smoore

The Rational Theist
I want to see something where Link becomes mortally wounded early into the game or about halfway through and has to heal for a while. Or else, he is captured by the villain and needs to be rescued. Anyway, during this time of absence, you play as Zelda and have an arsenal of magic (and maybe ninja moves à la Super Smash Bros.' Sheik). Zelda has to rescue Link before the game can proceed. It would really shake up the Zelda formula and bring something brand new, but it would still be about Link and Zelda. (I know that one of the CD-i games did feature Zelda as the main character, but that doesn't count.)

Waddaya think?

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
I want to see something where Link becomes mortally wounded early into the game or about halfway through and has to heal for a while. Or else, he is captured by the villain and needs to be rescued. Anyway, during this time of absence, you play as Zelda and have an arsenal of magic (and maybe ninja moves à la Super Smash Bros.' Sheik). Zelda has to rescue Link before the game can proceed. It would really shake up the Zelda formula and bring something brand new, but it would still be about Link and Zelda. (I know that one of the CD-i games did feature Zelda as the main character, but that doesn't count.)

Waddaya think?
Shut up and take my money.

MonkeyFightSquad

*LAUGHS EVILLY*
If that would happen. I would cry so hard it would not even be funny. NOT EVEN. I think it would be a great plot twist. I would prefer Link dying when he kills ganondorf.

Zelda and Link will NEVER be killed off. Nintendo wouldn't have it in them to do it. But if the next game does have a dark tone I hope its more along majora's mask. I mean that game was very sad and we witnessed the death of the zora and we found out about the deku and goron who died to give us their spirt in mask form.

I've said this before in another thread but I quite like the idea of a WW pre-quel in which you play as the hero that never rose. i.e he defeats but doesn't kill Ganondorf and dies at the end trying to maintain the magical barrier around Hyrule before it floods or something. We've had plenty of perfectly happy ending with the exceptions of WW and perhaps MM, it's time to really explore the bittersweet endings in Zelda if you ask me.

Valley of the Flood?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom