• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Some of the Classic Bosses Return?

Ryuyasha

Dragon Demon
How would you feel If nintendo brought back classic zelda bosses in the 3D games? Sure theres Gohma and Dodongo but think about it, Aquamentus, Manhandla, Gleeok, Thunderbird? There would be cool features with them in 3D like throwing bombs into manhandlas mouth and cutting off gleeoks head. So what do you think?

Last edited:
As I've posted in another thread, I think Gleeok would make a wonderful 3D boss. And on top of that, a 3D Thunderbird could turn out to be an EPIC boss.

SwiftestPhantom

Ganondorf Incarnate
I agree, Nintendo should bring some of the Classic bosses back, I really think Gleeok would be pretty cool, and Aquamentus...i forgot, but which game is Thunderbird from?

Blazestarre

*Insert title here*
I agree, Nintendo should bring some of the Classic bosses back, I really think Gleeok would be pretty cool, and Aquamentus...i forgot, but which game is Thunderbird from?

Thunderbird is from Adventure of Link. You fight it right before Dark Link, I believe (I've never actually gotten that far in the game).

It would be great if some classics other than Gohma and Dodongo were brought back. Sometimes it feels like the older games, especially the NES games, are getting left behind. References to OoT are quite common, but not so much the original game other than some repeated lines ("It's a secret to everyone"). Since there isn't much story-wise that could be brought back, that leaves the bosses. Most of them haven't really been seen outside their original game and Oracle of Seasons. Battles could potentially be very epic and exciting in 3D.

While I highly doubt this would happen, I think it would be very cool if most of the bosses in SS were shout-outs or remakes to the bosses from the original game. Since this year is the 25th anniversary of the series, having the new console game pay homage to the one that started it all would be a very nice touch.

Id love to see some of the classic bosses back.
Id just like them to be a bit harder.
Bosses such as Kholdstare, Moldorm,and Blind from LttP.
And also have the same music that accompanied them in their original Zelda gae.

D

Demon Link

If only Aqautamis (is that how you spell it?) was harder.

It would be nice to see some of these have a return to the series. I mean, Gleeok was in Phantom Hourglass, but with the 3D Zelda games, you have your perspective different than just an overhead look at it, the bosses would be more animated and made larger in scale to Link. If Nintendo were to make a return of these, I would at least hope they put up a decent challenge to the player.

The only thing about the bosses from the NES games, is that there isn't really too much of strategy behind beating most of them. Some of them is just luck of randomly stabbing with the sword and placing a few bombs. Why I am saying this, is that the item obtained in some dungeons were not used in the boss fight at all. No one is going to attempt to fight a 3-headed Gleeok with the Magical Key.

If Nintendo reconfigured the entire boss battle into something epic that required a special technique like the newer games' bosses, then these would certainly make going through a dungeon to work up the the boss well worth it. The classic bosses have some really great designs, so I think it is a great idea. I'm really looking for the return of some of the bosses from A Link to the Past as well, such as Trynexx.

Djinn

and Tonic
I definitely think some of the older bosses should come back in some way. I would also say Aquamentus and Gleeok since they were the first dragons seen in the series and still my favorites. Although they have reappeared in the oracles and PH but never again on a console game. Creating a dynasty of enemy bosses that Link overcomes in some way would be great to see, outside of the usual. Gohma does appear in some form in most games, although usually a completely different type of insect that still has the same singe eye. And since ALTTP there seems to be some kind of helmeted enemy such as the Helmasaur, Helmarock King and Armarock. Volvagia reappeared as well, I would like to see him again in a future sequel. But I like almost all the dragons that appear in the series and think they should get a little more attention. The firebird would be interesting ad it does look very similar to the bird that appears on Link's shield, especially the one from Wind Waker.

Shield.png
07b-thunderbird.png

Since the Thunderbird appeared to be a very special creature that guarded the Triforce of Courage there could be some extra history there and a reason for it to appear on the hero's shield.

I want to see some of the more humanoid bosses such as Horsehead and Carock. They always seemed like they could be made into characters with histories and motivations easy enough, other than simple dungeon bosses to be overcome. They can be much more than random giant monsters that guards a temple or treasure. Also Blind the Thief, a thief king that existed in both the light and dark worlds that uses illusions to trick Link could be a possible third faction. An enemy of Link but not an ally of the main villain. I always wished he would appear again in some form with more characterization.

I did like how they made Dodongo into a larger animal that happens to live in Hyrule. I think the same could be done with a few of the earlier bosses like Mothula and Manhandla. They did seem to be a bit more animal like and not so much evil minions of a dark lord. Mothula did appear as a miniboss in WW, but it could be elevated to weaker boss such as the dodongo. Some of the reappearances might not have to be as a boss fight but an easter egg or nod to fans by having something like a saddled Aquamentus for Link or someone else to ride as a flying mount. Or Carock as a leader of a wizard group or a guild of wizzrobes. Maybe a statue of Trinex somewhere in Castletown. Just because they are not a boss in that does not mean they cannot appear somewhere.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I think it would be great to see some familiar faces. This is a great idea. Even though we want new bosses, we still want the old ones back. Funny.............. I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom